PDA

View Full Version : First openly gay Chief of the army.. What's your thoughts?

garhkal
09-20-2015, 04:56 AM
According to both USA today and the LA times, Obama is nominating the first outspoken and openly gay person to head up the Army from the civilian side of house.. After serving as under secretary for several months, Mr Fanning, looks poised to take the top spot when McHugh steps down in November..

So what's your thoughts on this?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/09/18/obama-nominate-first-openly-gay-army-head/72416034/

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-army-chief-gay-20150919-story.html

UncaRastus
09-20-2015, 04:07 PM
It seems that no matter what, the armed forces are in for things not thought of, when I was AD.

Women, in combat roles. A gay person in charge of the Army. A Chaplain getting sacked for counselling people. The Springfield '03 getting replaced. Coal fired ships being done away with. The USMC getting rid of their canvas leggings.

I could go on, but what's the use?

Garkhal, I started out being serious. Then I started to add on. Sorry about that.

The Byrds sang, 'Turn, turn, turn'. From the bible, Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8.

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time to every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together

A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time for love, a time for hate
A time for peace, I swear it's not too late!

I hope that you can find peace within, somehow. Kind of hard to do, in times like these.

Mjölnir
09-21-2015, 10:39 AM
What is the main job of a military Secretary -- Secretary of the Army in this case (not to be confused with the Chief of Staff of the Army) ... to develop, manage and present to the Secretary of Defense & Congress policies, plans, programs, and budgets and advise the President on matters related to the Army.

Is the man qualified to do that job?

Bos Mutus
09-21-2015, 02:02 PM
So what's your thoughts on this?

I've heard his name many times over the years, as he's been in and around the Pentagon for quite awhile in key positions...he was even acting Secretary of the AF for awhile...

As far as I know, he's one of the more qualified for this job rather than being simply a political appointment...at least his resume would seem to indicate that...

MikeKerriii
09-21-2015, 02:11 PM
What is the main job of a military Secretary -- Secretary of the Army in this case (not to be confused with the Chief of Staff of the Army) ... to develop, manage and present to the Secretary of Defense & Congress policies, plans, programs, and budgets and advise the President on matters related to the Army.

Is the man qualified to do that job? That is really the only question that should matter, He has enough experiences in the bureaucracy but I have no idea is he is any good. The "gay" thing is trivia and should be considered no more than that.

Rainmaker
09-21-2015, 03:22 PM

Lots of people are qualified. The question that should be asked is whether or not the man is the MOST qualified to do that job.

Mjölnir
09-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Lots of people are qualified. The question that should be asked is whether or not the man is the MOST qualified to do that job.

Is he the absolutely most qualified? Maybe, maybe not. Many political appointees aren't the MOST qualified. He does have a rather impressive resume that certainly qualifies him for the position, more than most ... his sexuality does absolutely nothing to unqualify him..

To the original question though, does his sexuality matter for him to be the Secretary of the Army? IMO nope.

Rainmaker
09-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Is he the absolutely most qualified? Maybe, maybe not. Many political appointees aren't the MOST qualified. He does have a rather impressive resume that certainly qualifies him for the position, more than most ... his sexuality does absolutely nothing to unqualify him..

To the original question though, does his sexuality matter for him to be the Secretary of the Army? IMO nope.

Yes, I'm sure his orientation has nothing whatsoever to do with his nomination.

But, Don't expect the "opposition party" to ask any tough questions in the confirmation process to find out. Because, No one wants to take on the Gay Militia.

By the way, Has anyone approached you yet about the possibility of becoming Pentagon Press Secretary? You're way more diplomatic than that last Flunky Kirby.

Mjölnir
09-21-2015, 05:29 PM
But, Don't expect the "opposition party" to ask any tough questions in the confirmation process to find out. Because, No one wants to take on the Gay Militia.

I wouldn't expect there to be questions about it since it isn't relevant.

But why would it matter one way or the other?

By the way, Has anyone approached you yet about the possibility of becoming Pentagon Press Secretary? You're way more diplomatic than that last Flunky Kirby.

1. Not a FOGO ... not going to be one.
2. Not a public affairs officer.

Rainmaker
09-21-2015, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't expect there to be questions about it since it isn't relevant.

But why would it matter one way or the other?

1. Not a FOGO ... not going to be one.
2. Not a public affairs officer.

Agree. Sadly it's no longer relevant whether or not individuals appointed to positions of public trust are most qualified.

What matters most is which "historically oppressed" victim group they claim and What affirmative action hiring quota they can fill.

Mata Leao
09-21-2015, 08:11 PM

In my opinion, "nope" as well, so why is it even mentioned? Can't he just be nominated based on his qualifications (I have no idea what they are) without the "and he's also gay" attached to it? Is he also short?

Rainmaker
09-21-2015, 08:42 PM
In my opinion, "nope" as well, so why is it even mentioned? Can't he just be nominated based on his qualifications (I have no idea what they are) without the "and he's also gay" attached to it? Is he also short?

No confirmation hearing to discuss his qualifications is necessary. A stellar 25 + year career as a political activist in the LGBTQIA ( yes, this is a real acronym) mafia speaks for itself.

But, The good news is the Army may finally get its uniform problems squared away.

MikeKerriii
09-22-2015, 03:38 AM

To the original question though, does his sexuality matter for him to be the Secretary of the Army? IMO nope. In my lifetime I can only think of one who was pushed as the most qualified person possible for SECDEF, and that was a utter waste of O2 named McNamara when I was a kid,

I don;t think that being the best possible candidate has ever been that much a consideration for Presidents of either party when making appointments..

The guy looks qualified a enough, more so than most

garhkal
09-22-2015, 04:44 AM
Agree. Sadly it's no longer relevant whether or not individuals appointed to positions of public trust are most qualified.

What matters most is which "historically oppressed" victim group they claim and What affirmative action hiring quota they can fill.

That's the way i was reading this.. Whether he is qualified for the Job, i will admit he seems to be. But like was asked above, IS he the most qualified? IMO without knowing who else was in the running, i can't say.

Mjölnir
09-22-2015, 05:40 AM
That's the way i was reading this.. Whether he is qualified for the Job, i will admit he seems to be. But like was asked above, IS he the most qualified? IMO without knowing who else was in the running, i can't say.

No one really 'runs'; it is a political appointment so is up to the President and then the Senate for confirmation.

He has been the #2 guy at the Department of the Army for some time, was previously the acting Secretary of the Air Force for ~6 months, has significant experience on the Hill with the Defense Committees as well as in the DoD.

Bos Mutus
09-22-2015, 06:04 AM

Well....everyone in the country is " in the running".... Is he the singularly most qualified?....unlikely...but a near impossible task to determine who is...I'm sure some staff makes up a short list of who they know about, vet them, make recommendations and the pres. Makes the pick...all indications are he is very qualified. We'll never know who else is on the short list.

considering his resume, if he were heterosexual, the nomination would probably not be much of a question except for normal politics that everything Obama does is the worst possible decision to some

Rainmaker
09-22-2015, 02:55 PM
considering his resume, if he were heterosexual, the nomination would probably not be much of a question except for normal politics that everything Obama does is the worst possible decision to some

We all know damn well why he was appointed. His main claim to fame is sitting on the board of directors for the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund and working for CBS News.

If this guy had been on the board of directors for some Conservative advocacy group, You Lefty's would be screaming freakin bloody murder.

These appointments matter.

" As Army secretary, Mr. Fanning, who has served as chief of staff to Mr. Carter, would exert influence over the selection of generals and over Army policy, including the integration of women into combat roles, training of combat forces and purchase of weapons"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/us/eric-fanning-civilian-adviser-named-secretary-of-the-army.html?_r=0

So do you really think a Gay Activist Political Hack is going to be objective in that role?

MikeKerriii
09-22-2015, 06:42 PM
We all know damn well why he was appointed. His main claim to fame is sitting on the board of directors for the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund and working for CBS News.

If this guy had sad on the board of directors for some Conservative advocacy group, You Lefty's would be screaming freakin bloody murder.

These appointments matter.

" As Army secretary, Mr. Fanning, who has served as chief of staff to Mr. Carter, would exert influence over the selection of generals and over Army policy, including the integration of women into combat roles, training of combat forces and purchase of weapons"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/us/eric-fanning-civilian-adviser-named-secretary-of-the-army.html?_r=0

So do you really think a Gay Activist Political Hack is going to be objective in that role?

His resumes at least as good as most of his predecessors

The issue of gays in the military nothing anyone needs to hire some to promote is and will remain the law, the bigots lost and the fight is over outside of a few ranters who are not in the mitary. It is about as undecided as the integration of the races in the military, another subject that is only criticized by a few sad loons.

Do you have any facts to back up your assertions?

Is your source of "knowledge" drugs alcohol or some other source of delusions?

Bos Mutus
09-22-2015, 07:02 PM

I don't think it was mentioned in the nomination at all...or in any press release from the White House, DOD, etc.

Just media covering the story afterward mentioned it...and Mike Huckabee

garhkal
09-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Well....everyone in the country is " in the running".... Is he the singularly most qualified?....unlikely...but a near impossible task to determine who is...I'm sure some staff makes up a short list of who they know about, vet them, make recommendations and the pres. Makes the pick...all indications are he is very qualified. We'll never know who else is on the short list.

True if he was heterosexual, there wouldn't be much raised. BUT then again, if he was hetero, would we even be HEARING about it? It seems to me these days, when they push a gay/lesbian into office, they seem to make a big fan fair about it, as if THAT they are LGBTQ was the sole reason for their appointment..

Mjölnir
09-22-2015, 08:08 PM
True if he was heterosexual, there wouldn't be much raised. BUT then again, if he was hetero, would we even be HEARING about it? It seems to me these days, when they push a gay/lesbian into office, they seem to make a big fan fair about it, as if THAT they are LGBTQ was the sole reason for their appointment..

But, they didn't make the big fanfare or make a big deal about it ... The news made it the headline, but it seems most of the articles had little to do with his homosexuality either.

MikeKerriii
09-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Who outside of a few bigots is making a big deal abut him being gay?

Bos Mutus
09-22-2015, 09:31 PM
True if he was heterosexual, there wouldn't be much raised. BUT then again, if he was hetero, would we even be HEARING about it?

It would be a minor story...you'd hear about it Military Times I'm sure, Stripes...

It seems to me these days, when they push a gay/lesbian into office, they seem to make a big fan fair about it, as if THAT they are LGBTQ was the sole reason for their appointment..

"They" push a gay into office....by that you mean, the President nominated someone who happened to be gay?

The way you wrote your sentence here, the same THEY that "pushed" him into office then makes a big fanfare (sic) about it.

This isn't true...unless you can show where Obama and his staff have made a big fanfare about his sexual orientation. Hint, they haven't even mentioned it.

Rainmaker
09-22-2015, 09:33 PM
But, they didn't make the big fanfare or make a big deal about it ... The news made it the headline, but it seems most of the articles had little to do with his homosexuality either.

Not this time. but, they've been beating this queer worship down America's throat for years now. They brought this backlash on themselves.

Eric Fanning (Visiting as a part of DIA’s Pride Month observance)spoke to DIA employees June 24 about the immense changes he’s seen in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender environment"

Fanning said. “It’s gone from tolerance to acceptance to embrace".

http://www.defense.gov/News-Article-View/Article/606619

61% of transgenders report suffering from psychological problems, 41% attempt suicide and 10% who never adjust to the gender "change".

So, Why Does the DoD even patronize this sick shit? This is the issue we have with it.

Rainmaker
09-22-2015, 10:02 PM
His resumes at least as good as most of his predecessors

The issue of gays in the military nothing anyone needs to hire some to promote is and will remain the law, the bigots lost and the fight is over outside of a few ranters who are not in the mitary. It is about as undecided as the integration of the races in the military, another subject that is only criticized by a few sad loons.

Do you have any facts to back up your assertions?

Is your source of "knowledge" drugs alcohol or some other source of delusions?

#1. It's not the law. It's a policy. Policy can and will be changed (soon).

#2. Yes Mike, My opinion is that the main reason he was hired to be the first openly gay secretary. This is a forum to express our opinion, so that's why we're all here isn't it?

# 3 As far as Fanning's being a gay activist and CBS reporter. Those are facts. Look it up.

You wanna know some more facts?

Gay people are more pre disposed to having mental disorders.

Gays are 2-3 times more likely to manifest Mood disorders, anxiety disorders and substance abuse disorders than heterosexuals.

They're 7 times more likely to manifest Bi-Polar disorder and 6 x more likely to manifest OCD symptoms.

The first aids death was a 15 year old minor. A rape victim of a gay pedophile with aids.

I know you've fallen victim to the Social Engineering being conducted by sick demoralizing degenerates at ABC -Disney.

But, as you will soon find out, not everybody currently serving in the Military thinks this is a good idea.

They just can't publicly say it, Because they'd be in violation of the current policy.

MikeKerriii
09-23-2015, 05:24 AM
#1. It's not the law. It's a policy. Policy can and will be changed (soon).

#2. Yes Mike, My opinion is that the main reason he was hired to be the first openly gay secretary. This is a forum to express our opinion, so that's why we're all here isn't it?

# 3 As far as Fanning's being a gay activist and CBS reporter. Those are facts. Look it up.

You wanna know some more facts?

Gay people are more pre disposed to having mental disorders.

Gays are 2-3 times more likely to manifest Mood disorders, anxiety disorders and substance abuse disorders than heterosexuals.

They're 7 times more likely to manifest Bi-Polar disorder and 6 x more likely to manifest OCD symptoms.

The first aids death was a 15 year old minor. A rape victim of a gay pedophile with aids.

I know you've fallen victim to the Social Engineering being conducted by sick demoralizing degenerates at ABC -Disney.

But, as you will soon find out, not everybody currently serving in the Military thinks this is a good idea.

They just can't publicly say it, Because they'd be in violation of the current policy.

Women serving in the mitary is just policy not law as are the services being integrated. For those like Cays in the mitary to be changed requires an administration that want to change those policies and a Congress that will let them. No serous candidate, is proposingg changing the rules back and nobody except a few nut-bars in congress are advocating doing so. that level of crazies is limited to a few loons and idiots. Whom do you think is going to change it back President Huckleberry?

And the silly BS you are claiming to be fact have all been debunked years ago, except to those too twisted to think that they are reality.

Is there anyone that you don't hate?