PDA

View Full Version : Russia has troops in Syria

UncaRastus
09-18-2015, 03:34 PM
We are into an air campaign over there.

We support the rebel side. Russia supports the government side.

Now Russia and the USA has resumed talks, which were ended in 2014.

Russia seems to support the side which the USA opposes, in some of the military actions which we have been or are embroiled in.

Do y'all think that the Russian stance on being on the other side so much is just Russia's knee jerk way of thumbing their nose at us, or do y'all think that Russia has such powerful allies in the other side, that they have to stand against us?

Your thoughts?

waveshaper2
09-18-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm not so sure why folks are so surprised/upset that Russia is "finally" establishing a Joint Russian/Syrian Government Air Base in Syria. They've been allies forever and are just following the example of "Jointness/Cooperation" we set in Iraq. Folks forget we've had a similar and in many ways "more disturbing" arrangement in Iraq, at a couple Air Bases, for over a year.

A few examples;
1. Taqaddum Air Base; Jointly occupied by US Forces, Iraqi Government Forces, and Iranian backed Shia militias. These Shia militias comprise largely Shia volunteers and they're headed by the leader of the Iraqi Hezbollah and closely associated with Qassem Suleimani, the Iranian Quds Force commander.
2. Baghdad International Airport; Jointly occupied by US Forces, Iraqi Government Forces, Iranian backed militias (see item 1), and Russian trainers/advisors/technicians/pilots/etc (to support those recently delivered Russian SU-25s, Mi-35M/Mi-28NE attack helicopters, Pantsir air defense missile-gun systems, etc).

Baghdad International Airport or as I call it, Joint Base Satan-Evil-aXis (JB-SEX). Key members of this unofficial international Composite Wing include;
1. U.S.A. (The Great Satan);
2. Iraq (Former Member of Axis of Evil);
3. Iran (Member of the Axis of Evil);
4. Russia (Evil Empire);

Also, folks are surprised/upset about all the Russian military equipment arriving recently at the Syrian port of Tartus. I would suggest folks do a comparison and Goggle the Iraqi Port of Umm Qasr; You will see that lots of Russian Military Equipment (4.2 Billion Dollar Russian Arms Deal with the Iranian backed Iraqi Government) is arriving there or being flown into Iraq via Russian Transport aircraft. Where not the only ones doing Foreign Military Sales and providing lots of contractors/military personnel to support these deals.

garhkal
09-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Agreed. Its not surprising, but i do think part of it is a means for Putin to stick his finger up at Obama and Kerry.

Rainmaker
09-18-2015, 08:57 PM
We are into an air campaign over there.

We support the rebel side. Russia supports the government side.

Now Russia and the USA has resumed talks, which were ended in 2014.

Russia seems to support the side which the USA opposes, in some of the military actions which we have been or are embroiled in.

Do y'all think that the Russian stance on being on the other side so much is just Russia's knee jerk way of thumbing their nose at us, or do y'all think that Russia has such powerful allies in the other side, that they have to stand against us?

Your thoughts?

Blowback's a bitch. There are consequences to running around creating covert wars all over the globe.

Russia has long historical ties to Syria going back 65 years to Assad's old man. . My take is Putin is basically telling us. F. you.

If we would've stayed out of it, Assad would've gotten rid of ISIS on his own.

Never fear though. The Grand Old Politburo's real Boss Bibi Nutty Yahoo is running to Moscow to broker a deal as we speak.

Shemitah Cometh.

ACME_MAN
12-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Russia is looking after its own national interests. Too bad we don't have leaders, by and large, who will do the same. We mind everyone else's business but our own and that's why our nation in my view is rapidly deteriorating into a third world cesspool.

Rainmaker
12-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Russia is looking after its own national interests. Too bad we don't have leaders, by and large, who will do the same. We mind everyone else's business but our own and that's why our nation in my view is rapidly deteriorating into a third world cesspool.

Plain and Simple, In the Middle East. We're minding Israel's business. The Center of Both political parties are beholden to transnational corporate capitalism and its ideology of neoliberalism.

See, The lobbyists have legally bribed the politicians into passing laws that created cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing.

This is why Trump is able to say what he wants, because he's self-financed and therefore, he's the only one that's not held hostage to the monopoly money. anybody else would've been cut off.

They made Trump take a pledge stating that he wouldn't run as an independent and now that it's become obvious that he's going to win, they're going to throw the money behind their other candidate they bought Hillary.

Here's a good example.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/elections-2016/article48067815.html