PDA

View Full Version : SSgt Spencer Stone

Bos Mutus
09-15-2015, 11:28 PM
CSAF announced earlier that A1C Spencer Stone (train hero) would be SSgt by Nov 1.

I guess he is due to sew on SrA Oct 1 and will then be spot promoted to SSgt by the CSAF.

Awesome! Lots of haters on the other boards...LOL. Jealousy abounds.

SomeRandomGuy
09-16-2015, 05:40 PM
CSAF announced earlier that A1C Spencer Stone (train hero) would be SSgt by Nov 1.

I guess he is due to sew on SrA Oct 1 and will then be spot promoted to SSgt by the CSAF.

Awesome! Lots of haters on the other boards...LOL. Jealousy abounds.

Lots of haters. This comment is pretty damn funny though.

Bos Mutus
09-16-2015, 05:52 PM

http://forums.militarytimes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=130&stc=1

LOL...lots of silly comments.

Follow up comment from the CSAF stated something like he is being promoted not just for the heroic act but for how he handled himself in front of the press and all the fanfare...that he showed leadership qualities or something....have to find the quote.

MikeKerriii
09-16-2015, 07:24 PM

http://forums.militarytimes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=130&stc=1
I love that joke, what site was that posted on?

SomeRandomGuy
09-16-2015, 07:28 PM
I love that joke, what site was that posted on?

I saw it on John Q Public's Facebook page. He was re-sharing from the AF SNCO/NCO page. I'm not sure where they picked it up from. Their original post doesn't say.

Bos Mutus
09-16-2015, 07:33 PM
I saw it on John Q Public's Facebook page. He was re-sharing from the AF SNCO/NCO page. I'm not sure where they picked it up from. Their original post doesn't say.

Now that I think about it, I was 22 when I made SSgt...but, yeah, I "earned" it by being kind of book-smart as opposed to just being "lucky" by doing a heroic act under fire [/sarcasm]

Rainmaker
09-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Tough crowd. The man risks his life to successfully save a bunch of civilians and gets stabbed in the process and then handles all the accolades with class.....What more could we ask for?

Rainmaker's actually surprised that Big Blue has finally gotten one of these things right.

Because, usually whenever someone gets STEP promoted, it winds up being a 110lb Female, party planner that would've had trouble in taking down a 10 year old boy.

Mjölnir
09-18-2015, 03:31 PM
A military member saves some lives, gets some international attention. Gets a medal from a foreign country, is getting some medals from the U.S. Is getting promoted based on his actions ... and people are bitching and complaining ... color me shocked.

Sergeant eNYgma
09-24-2015, 05:39 AM
This is a better story than the 19 y/o Tech Sgt lol...least this dude did something...

Bos Mutus
10-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Stone stabbed in Sacramento

Spencer Stone, one of three Americans who helped foil a terror
attack on a French train in August, was stabbed in Sacramento on
Wednesday night, the U.S. Air Force confirmed to NBC News.
Airman First Class Stone was in stable condition on Thursday, an Air Force spokesperson said.
"He is alive and in stable condition at this
time," the spokesperson said. "We do not have any information as to the
events preceding the incident."

Stone was out with friends when he was stabbed
multiple times in the torso around 12:45 a.m. near some popular bars in
downtown Sacramento, police said.
It appeared that a "verbal argument" ended up on
the street and led to a physical confrontation, a Sacramento Police
Department spokeswoman told NBC News.
He was not targeted because of his heroics in France, the spokeswoman said. "It appears it was happenstance," she added.

Rainmaker
10-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Stone stabbed in Sacramento

There is no spoon.

UncaRastus
10-08-2015, 08:25 PM
I don't know about the no spoon theory. I heard that there may have been a spork involved, somehow.

AERYCK13
11-05-2015, 05:53 AM
The thing is... it doesn't matter. He's never actually going to supervise anyone. He's just a recruiting tool now. He won't go back to his actual job, or ever deploy. He'll just be trotted around to speaking engagements, interviews, Tops in Blue shows, and Gathering of Eagles events to show how cool the USAF is... SrA, SSgt, TSgt, whatever... Makes no difference in the grand scheme. I say make him a CMSgt, why not???

Rainmaker
11-05-2015, 05:34 PM
The thing is... He'll just be trotted around to speaking engagements, interviews, Tops in Blue shows, and Gathering of Eagles events to show how cool the USAF is...

As well he should. Dude is a poster child for the core value of service before self.

I say make him a CMSgt, why not???

Agee. If these idiots can make Bergdahl an E5, then Spencer Stone should be a freaking General.