PDA

View Full Version : Way to go USMC

Absinthe Anecdote
08-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Early reports are that two U.S. Marines overpowered a gunman on a high speed train to Paris.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/france-3-people-wounded-in-shooting-on-high-speed-train/

French media reported that U.S. Marines overpowered the man. U.S. Marine spokesman in Germany Capt. Richard Ulsh told CBS News that "they can confirm that Americans subdued the gunmen" but he would not confirm whether they were Marines.

Investigators from France's special anti-terror police are leading the investigation, a spokeswoman for the Paris prosecutor's office said.

The suspect is a 26-year-old Moroccan, said Sliman Hamzi, an official with police union Alliance, said on French television i-Tele.

The suspect was armed with an automatic rifle and a knife, said Christophe Piednoel, spokesman for national railway operator SNCF.

Cazeneuve said the American passengers "were particularly courageous and showed great bravery in very difficult circumstances" and that "without their sangfroid we could have been confronted with a terrible drama."

A local reporter in Arras, Antoine da Silva, told CBS News' Elaine Cobbe that he saw a well-built man taken out of the train station, covered in blood. He said the man, who spoke English with an American accent, was very calm, despite all the blood. Da Silva posted a photo on Twitter after another passenger confirmed to him that the injured man was a soldier:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34023361

Rainmaker
08-21-2015, 10:16 PM
Early reports are that two U.S. Marines overpowered a gunman on a high speed train to Paris.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34023361

Nice! These guys are gonna soon be seeing more French pussy than a Parisian gynecologist!

Bos Mutus
08-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Excellent word.

sang·froid
säNGˈfrwä/
noun
noun: sangfroid; noun: sang-froid

composure or coolness, sometimes excessive, as shown in danger or under trying circumstances.

UncaRastus
08-22-2015, 04:59 PM
I have heard that it was an AF and a NG and a civilian that took down this terrorist. Whatever, good on those guys!

Now as to what they were doing hanging out in Amsterdam ... cough cough cough ...

Good on those guys!

garhkal
08-23-2015, 03:31 AM
I also commend them, but from other reports, there were a pair of brits also involved..

Absinthe Anecdote
08-23-2015, 10:57 AM
The initial reports were calling them Marines, but it was an airman, a soldier, a college student, and a middle-aged Brit.

Way to go gentlemen!

MikeKerriii
08-24-2015, 12:08 AM
The initial reports were calling them Marines, but it was an airman, a soldier, a college student, and a middle-aged Brit.

Way to go gentlemen!

A member of my family who lives in France says they there is buzz about giving them the Legion of Honor.. That seems a bit much but the French seem to hold them in great respect

garhkal
08-24-2015, 03:40 AM
A member of my family who lives in France says they there is buzz about giving them the Legion of Honor.. That seems a bit much but the French seem to hold them in great respect

As they should.. But i agree, giving them 4 the LoH is a bit much.

MikeKerriii
08-24-2015, 03:45 PM
As they should.. But i agree, giving them 4 the LoH is a bit much.

It seems the French disagree with us. But the French have a long held and positive memory of American GIs. Even if they don't feel that way about our culture or our government.