PDA

View Full Version : More riots in Fergusun..

garhkal
08-11-2015, 09:57 PM
So we have these so called "peaceful protests" for the 1 yr anniversary of Michael Brown's death erupt into riots, more looting, and even a reporter assaulted..

But one of the things that still makes me scratch my head is how is it in ANYWAY Legal for people to block traffic, especially on a freeway?

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-12-2015, 12:19 PM
So we have these so called "peaceful protests" for the 1 yr anniversary of Michael Brown's death erupt into riots, more looting, and even a reporter assaulted..

But one of the things that still makes me scratch my head is how is it in ANYWAY Legal for people to block traffic, especially on a freeway?

I don't get why blacks destroy their own communities in the name of "black lives matter."

Absinthe Anecdote
08-12-2015, 01:03 PM
I don't get why blacks destroy their own communities in the name of "black lives matter."

Here you go...

Crowd psychology

Crowd psychology, also known as mob psychology, is a branch of social psychology. Social psychologists have developed several theories for explaining the ways in which the psychology of a crowd differs from and interacts with that of the individuals within it. Major theorists in crowd psychology include Gustave Le Bon, Gabriel Tarde, Sigmund Freud, and Steve Reicher. This field relates to the behaviors and thought processes of both the individual crowd members and the crowd as an entity.[1] Crowd behavior is heavily influenced by the loss of responsibility of the individual and the impression of universality of behavior, both of which increase with the size of the crowd.[2][3]

Read more about it here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_psychology

Or were you looking for something specific to blacks? Because white people never join into mobs and tear up property?

hustonj
08-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Or were you looking for something specific to blacks? Because white people never join into mobs and tear up property?

I can't speak for anybody else, but I certainly am not looking for mumbo-jumbo whose purpose for existing is to help people pretend they aren't responsible for the decisions they make and the actions they take as a result of those decision.

People chose to engage in destructive behavior. They need to be held responsible for those decisions. If they are not responsible for their destructive behavior, how can the police be responsible for destructive behavior if there's ANY pretense of self defense? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Here you go...

Of course they do. I was just pointing out the irony of waving a "..... lives matter," while destroying your own community. If "fill in the blank" lives matter, then do something POSITIVE, not self-destructive. Sorry you failed to clue in on what I was conveying.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-12-2015, 04:41 PM
I can't speak for anybody else, but I certainly am not looking for mumbo-jumbo whose purpose for existing is to help people pretend they aren't responsible for the decisions they make and the actions they take as a result of those decision.

People chose to engage in destructive behavior. They need to be held responsible for those decisions. If they are not responsible for their destructive behavior, how can the police be responsible for destructive behavior if there's ANY pretense of self defense? What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

By jumbo-jumbo, I suppose you mean psychology. Psychology is the study of behavior and it doesn't relieve people of the responsibility for their actions.

Not sure why you jumped to that conclusion but I think the clinical term is: graviter et educationem intellectu carentia.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Of course they do. I was just pointing out the irony of waving a "..... lives matter," while destroying your own community. If "fill in the blank" lives matter, then do something POSITIVE, not self-destructive. Sorry you failed to clue in on what I was conveying.

Surely you know that when a crowd of people gathers to protest that the potential exits for it to turn into a violent mob.

I didn't think you were pointing out irony because you were obviously taking a swipe at black folks.

Besides, you have a slightly mucked up the definition of irony.

If the protestors were carrying signs that said, "Black Communities Matter" and then they set fire to buildings in a black community, that would be ironic.

Come on Flapster, own your comment and don't try to wriggle away from it now.

Rainmaker
08-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Surely you know that when a crowd of people gathers to protest that the potential exits for it to turn into a violent mob.

Agree..... And it's Especially likely when you have dual-citizen traitors (like George Soros) paying them to incite violence

Absinthe Anecdote
08-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Agree..... And it's Especially likely when you have dual-citizen traitors (like George Soros) paying them to incite violence

I'll agree with you on this point. There were "professional protestors" in the mix that were trying to incite violence in Ferguson.

It doesn't take much for a crowd to turn violent, and it doesn't even need to be a protest.

When I was a kid, I was at a "battle of the bands" type concert when an enormous fight erupted. Before you knew it the concession stand was looted and an unattended police car ended up in the river.

That kind of crap can happen on its own, but when there are a few people present intent on orchestrating chaos, it is much more likely to happen.

Rainmaker
08-12-2015, 06:29 PM
I'll agree with you on this point. There were "professional protestors" in the mix that were trying to incite violence in Ferguson.

It doesn't take much for a crowd to turn violent, and it doesn't even need to be a protest.

When I was a kid, I was at a "battle of the bands" type concert when an enormous fight erupted. Before you knew it the concession stand was looted and an unattended police car ended up in the river.

That kind of crap can happen on its own, but when there are a few people present intent on orchestrating chaos, it is much more likely to happen.

It really takes the fun out of this thing when we agree on something...

Absinthe Anecdote
08-12-2015, 06:48 PM
It really takes the fun out of this thing when we agree on something...

Yeah, it does.

Let's fight about if Flaps was making a dig at black people.

I say he was.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-12-2015, 09:50 PM

I didn't think you were pointing out irony because you were obviously taking a swipe at black folks.

Besides, you have a slightly mucked up the definition of irony.

If the protestors were carrying signs that said, "Black Communities Matter" and then they set fire to buildings in a black community, that would be ironic.

Come on Flapster, own your comment and don't try to wriggle away from it now.

Are you suggesting I'm a racist? Far from it. The color of your skin doesn't make you burn down your community in defense of a thug who robbed a store. That's culture and upbringing. People like Denzel Washington, Colin Powell, Condolesa Rice, Barack Obama (dare I say it), MLK, just to name several, don't have a history of robbing stores, then rioting because their thug then attacked a police officer. Right now, it's BLACK communities burning down their communities. Tomorrow, it could very be whites. So yeah, I am taking a swipe at the rioters who happen to be black. Their behavior is shameful.

garhkal
08-13-2015, 01:33 AM

Let alone why they are not up in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore or in St Louis protesting the thousands of blacks killed by OTHER BLACKS..

Here you go...

Crowd psychology

Crowd psychology, also known as mob psychology, is a branch of social psychology. Social psychologists have developed several theories for explaining the ways in which the psychology of a crowd differs from and interacts with that of the individuals within it. Major theorists in crowd psychology include Gustave Le Bon, Gabriel Tarde, Sigmund Freud, and Steve Reicher. This field relates to the behaviors and thought processes of both the individual crowd members and the crowd as an entity.[1] Crowd behavior is heavily influenced by the loss of responsibility of the individual and the impression of universality of behavior, both of which increase with the size of the crowd.[2][3]

Being that is ONLY Theories, not actual documented facts, how is that in anyway proof that these people are in no way responsible for what's going on??

By jumbo-jumbo, I suppose you mean psychology. Psychology is the study of behavior and it doesn't relieve people of the responsibility for their actions.

So all those who have gotten off for crimes committed, cause a psychologist said "They were not in their right mind at the time" didn't get let off of their responsibility?

So why are these "Professional protestors" Not getting arrested for sparking the riots? Who's paying for them to travel to and from protests like this?

Mjölnir
08-13-2015, 01:53 AM
Let alone why they are not up in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore or in St Louis protesting the thousands of blacks killed by OTHER BLACKS..

Because it doesn't fit the narrative.

So all those who have gotten off for crimes committed, cause a psychologist said "They were not in their right mind at the time" didn't get let off of their responsibility?

The psychologist is presenting the medical evaluation ... it is the justice system that (based on that evaluation) may or may not hold them responsible.