PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debates

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 12:56 AM
Starting a thread for the debates... Really hoping to see some fireworks...

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 02:47 AM
Some general impressions so far..

The panel has been hammering Trump with some tough questions, his responses have been so so...

Ohio Govenor Kasich is an impressive speaker, I expect he'll get a bump in the polls after this..

Chris Christy has answered his questions good, so has Rubio...

JEB hasn't done terrible, but he has stumbled with a few questions

Ben Carson knocked a foreign policy question out of the park, surprised the hell out of me...

The panelists keep trying to spark fireworks between the candidates, but the candidates have avoided getting into it... Except for Christy and Rand Paul..

I think Trump and JEB hurt themselves in this debate, not much, but I consider their performances a negative...

Kasich helped his position, and the rest haven't damaged themselves significantly...

Rainmaker
08-07-2015, 04:17 AM
Some general impressions so far..

The panel has been hammering Trump with some tough questions, his responses have been so so...

Ohio Govenor Kasich is an impressive speaker, I expect he'll get a bump in the polls after this..

Chris Christy has answered his questions good, so has Rubio...

JEB hasn't done terrible, but he has stumbled with a few questions

Ben Carson knocked a foreign policy question out of the park, surprised the hell out of me...

The panelists keep trying to spark fireworks between the candidates, but the candidates have avoided getting into it... Except for Christy and Rand Paul..

I think Trump and JEB hurt themselves in this debate, not much, but I consider their performances a negative...

Kasich helped his position, and the rest haven't damaged themselves significantly...

You call that shit-show a debate? Looked more like a bunch of Fox Shills trying to sandbag Trump for Jeb/Carson, which is obviously the self hating White RINO dream ticket......

I'm surprised you didn't pick up on Carson's tax code based on The Biblical Tithing plan.....

They start the whole thing off with.... What?? You mean The Donald won't pledge his unequivocal support to Crispie Cream Christie??!! There's a shocker! Who knew?? Riveting........

and then progress to so, You called that Fat Dyke Rosie O'Donnell a pig.... You must hate women! .....Stay classy, Megyn....

These guys still don't fucking get it.,,,, the more they try to box this guy in....the more momentum he's gonna get. Watch tomorrow he'll go up in the polls

....But, what about Israel, Israel Israel.???...same old Fox Neocon puppet show. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

garhkal
08-07-2015, 04:29 AM
I've been trying to find the debates online, but even Fox is not giving me anything at this time other than brief clips and snippets..

LogDog
08-07-2015, 05:42 AM
I've been trying to find the debates online, but even Fox is not giving me anything at this time other than brief clips and snippets..
Fox is rerunning the debates.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 06:49 AM
You call that shit-show a debate? looked more like a bunch of Fox Shills trying to sandbag Trump for Jeb/Carson which is obviously the self hating White RINO dream ticket......

surprised you didn't pick up on Carson's tax code based on Biblical Tithing.....

They start the whole thing off with.... what?? you mean The Donald won't pledge his unequivocal support to Crispie Cream Christie??!! There's a shocker! Who knew?? Riveting........

and then progress to so, You called that Fat Dyke Rosie O'donnel a pig.... You must hate women! Stay classy Megan....

These guys still don't fucking get it.,,,, the more they try to box this guy in....the more momentum he's gonna get. Watch tomorrow he'll go up in the polls

....But, what about Israel, Israel Israel.???...same old Fox Neocon puppet show. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nearly unintelligible gibberish, but asking the candidates if they will rule out an independent run is an extremely relevant question.

The more I think about it, the more I think Hillary encouraged Trump to run for the sole purpose of mucking up the primaries and then running independent to split the republican vote.

Anyway, the Trump implosion starts tomorrow.

You are the one fixated on Israel. I watched the whole debate and the panelist didn't ask a question about Israel. Ted Cruz brought it up when he said he'd move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.

I guess you drank too much cheap beer.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-07-2015, 12:08 PM
I didn't watch it (don't have cable), but the whole thing is a scam anyway. Big business, control over the media, and billionaires pick the President, not the American people. Some people have clued in on this, some still believe the fa├žade. Either way, the country will remain on the fast track to the cliff. The last Senate turnover proved this.

Rainmaker
08-07-2015, 02:16 PM
You are the one fixated on Israel. I watched the whole debate and the panelist didn't ask a question about Israel.

You need an enema.....

Question to Rand Paul on foreign aid to Israel FOX GOP Debate 8/6/15....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_19kAgTODc

I guess you drank too much cheap beer.

Absinthe Anecdote: "You're Fired!"

Bos Mutus
08-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Nearly unintelligible gibberish, but asking the candidates if they will rule out an independent run is an extremely relevant question.

I half expected Trump to say..."That's why you should nominate me...I can and will run as an independent if I lose the primary, which will nearly guarantee a Democrat wins...nominate me, I'm your only chance at winning."

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 04:28 PM
You need an enema.....

Question to Rand Paul on foreign aid to Israel FOX GOP Debate 8/6/15....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_19kAgTODc

Absinthe Anecdote: "You're Fired!"

I was out of the room for that one, I came back in during Christy's response.

That question was really about why did Rand Paul change his stance on foreign aid to Israel, which he didn't really answer.

However, to suggest that the debate was centered on Israel is a crock of shit.

So enlighten us, oh curmudgeonly one. Who is your guy?

Who would be on your dream ticket?

Let me guess, no one meets your standards. You are much happier sitting on the sidelines and throwing shit on everyone.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 04:29 PM
I half expected Trump to say..."That's why you should nominate me...I can and will run as an independent if I lose the primary, which will nearly guarantee a Democrat wins...nominate me, I'm your only chance at winning."

That is basically what he did in a post debate interview when he said, "Why should I give up that leverage?"

UncaRastus
08-07-2015, 04:30 PM
AA,

That's easy.

Vote for Rainmaker!

Rainmaker
08-07-2015, 05:22 PM
I was out of the room for that one, I came back in during Christy's response.

Yeah, I'm sure the Fat Man's Neocon siren call of "Hear O' Israel G-d is one" brought you running from your Kitchen..

So enlighten us, oh curmudgeonly one. Who is your guy?

Who would be on your dream ticket?

Let me guess, no one meets your standards. You are much happier sitting on the sidelines and throwing shit on everyone.

A week ago, Rainmaker said Unless someone else comes forward, the only GOP candidates he could consider voting for are Trump, Rand Paul, or Carly Fiornina.

This shit-show "debate" didn't change that view.

If there was a "winner" I thought it was Cruz. The man knows what he stands for and how to convey it.

But, he couldn't wait to try and but in on the question with Rand Paul and then had to speak The Obligatory Language to his owners in his closing statement.

Rainmaker
08-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Some Random observations heard from the completely apolitical, Mrs. Rainmaker. during last night's "debate"...

On Chris Christie..."He seems like a jerk. You could fit both of us in his underwear."

On Rand Paul.... " That rug on his head looks even worse than one on Donald Trump's"

On Ted Cruz.... "He's the best one. But, I could never vote for him because, He seems like a serial killer."

On Kasich...."Why does he sound like he's about to start crying every time he answers a question? What a sissy"

On JEB...."He seems a little smarter than his older brother, too bad he ruined it for him already".

On Trump...."Why are they all ganging up on him?"

On Scott Walker..."He needs to get a toupee like the others to cover up that bald spot"

On Rubio..."He reminds me of Linus from Charlie Brown"

On Megyn Kelly...."What a witch. I bet If she cracked a smile her face would break"

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Some Random observations heard from the completely apolitical, Mrs. Rainmaker. on the "debate"...

On Chris Christie..."He seems like a jerk. You could fit both of us in his underwear."

On Rand Paul.... " That rug on his head looks even worse than one on Donald Trump's"

On Ted Cruz.... "He's the best one. But, I could never vote for him because, He seems like a serial killer."

On Kasich...."Why does he sound like he's about to start crying every time he answers a question? What a sissy"

On JEB...."He seems a little smarter than his older brother, too bad he ruined it for him already".

On Trump...."Why are they all ganging up on him?"

On Scott Walker..."He needs to get a toupee like the others to cover up that bald spot"

On Rubio..."He reminds me of Linus from Charlie Brown"

On Megyn Kelly...."What a witch. I bet If she cracked a smile her face would break"

Groan!

You don't have to hide behind your wife to express your opinions.

Oh wait! You didn't watch the debate because you were at some honky tonk drinking PBRs and telling fart jokes.

Did you show the guys your vintage .38 and brag about how you'd keep them safe should black guy try to rob the honky tonk?

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the Fat Man's Neocon siren call of "Hear O' Israel G-d is one" brought you running from your Kitchen..

A week ago, Rainmaker said Unless someone else comes forward, the only GOP candidates he could consider voting for are Trump, Rand Paul, or Carly Fiornina.

This shit-show "debate" didn't change that view.

If there was a "winner" I thought it was Cruz. The man knows what he stands for and how to convey it.

But, he couldn't wait to try and but in on the question with Rand Paul and then had to speak The Obligatory Language to his owners in his closing statement.

LOL!

You'd vote for Trump... I'm going to be laughing at that as much as I do your 1950s snubbie.

UncaRastus
08-07-2015, 05:45 PM
OK, enough with the condescension. Everybody, chill.

Rainmaker
08-07-2015, 05:47 PM
LOL!

You'd vote for Trump... I'm going to be laughing at that as much as I do your 1950s snubbie.

Right now, Yeah... and so far the majority of the people polled would too.

I'm beginning to think, if he doesn't win, The country would be better off with the Hildabeast as POTUS, Frankly she has more balls than most of the other RINO sellouts

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 05:53 PM
OK, enough with the condescension. Everybody, chill.

He is actually my new forum buddy... He gives it as good as he gets...

LogDog
08-07-2015, 05:58 PM

I'm beginning to think, if he doesn't win, The country would be better off with the Hildabeast as POTUS, Frankly she has more balls than most of the RINO sellouts
Actually, Trump has a plurality of the republican primary voters. With so many running it would be hard for any one candidate, at this point, to have a majority (50% plus 1) of the vote.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 06:01 PM

I'm beginning to think, if he doesn't win, The country would be better off with the Hildabeast as POTUS, Frankly she has more balls than most of the RINO sellouts

So what are you, a Tea Partier?

I think a third party could be healthy, but a viable one has yet to coalesce.

I'm attracted to some Libertarian ideas, but not any of the candidates that identify themselves as libertarian.

I love a lot of stuff that I read on the Cato Institute website, but not all of it.

I'm not a fan of Republican policies on many issues, but I generally feel safer with a republican in the Whitehouse...

Trump would scare the hell out of me in that job, he isn't ready for making foreign policy decisions and being Commander in Chief.

From what I saw last night, Kasich would be an excellent Commander in Chief, he is extremely qualified for the job.

Rainmaker
08-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Actually, Trump has a plurality of the republican primary voters. With so many running it would be hard for any one candidate, at this point, to have a majority (50% plus 1) of the vote.

Correct.... CANKLES 2016!!

Bos Mutus
08-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Trump would scare the hell out of me in that job, he isn't ready for making foreign policy decisions and being Commander in Chief.

That might be what makes him effective...the rest of the world would be scared the hell of him too!

Absinthe Anecdote
08-07-2015, 06:28 PM
That might be what makes him effective...the rest of the world would be scared the hell of him too!

I don't know about that.

We have all seen what happens when key leadership positions are filled by arrogant men.

In the months prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Cheny and Rumsfeld surrounded Bush and slapped down sage and sound advice from the Pentagon, State department and every element of the Intelligence community.

I'm not talking about the WMD either, I'm talking about what would happen post invasion. He was warned that Iraq would splinter along sectarian lines and that the post conflict would eclipse the invasion and cause the entire Middle East to fall into turmoil for decades.

The WMD intelligence was always uncertain, and it was presented to the Whitehouse as being shaky.

Although Bush is ultimately responsible, he was swayed by Cheny and Rumsfeld.

The bastard invaded Iraq on shaky intelligence and then blamed the intelligence community.

I can see Trump being arrogant with his briefers and generals at a level that far surpasses Cheny/Rumsfeld.

Trump? No thanks, no way!

MikeKerriii
08-07-2015, 08:47 PM
We have had other presidents that scared out grinds and allies silly, but that tends to make people back away rather than pitch in to help. Much of the world that giving into madmen is a really bad idea.

Rainmaker
08-12-2015, 06:54 PM
The bastard invaded Iraq on shaky intelligence and then blamed the intelligence community.

Abs You may have see this already. But, If not, I think you'll find it interesting. What do you think of General Flynn's comments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3j8OYKgn4

Now then, Based on Rainmaker's experience, I have a slightly different take from yours.

My opinion on this is REDACTED Because, the quality of the REDACTED provided by The REDACTED was REDACTED.... Like REDACTED over REDACTED . The REDACTED enagaged in REDACTED leading to REDACTED. And Confirmation Bias REDACTED and ultimately information got stove piped and it REDACTED and as a result of that REDACTED you know that REDACTED we REDACTED ultimately leading to REDACTED. And so REDACTED was REDACTED and the rest is History....NomSayin?

Absinthe Anecdote
08-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Abs You may have see this already. But, If not, I think you'll find it interesting. What do you think of General Flynn's comments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3j8OYKgn4

Now then, Based on Rainmaker's experience, I have a slightly different take from yours.

My opinion on this is REDACTED Because, the quality of the REDACTED provided by The REDACTED was REDACTED.... Like REDACTED over REDACTED . The REDACTED enagaged in REDACTED leading to REDACTED. And Confirmation Bias REDACTED and ultimately information got stove piped and it REDACTED and as a result of that REDACTED you know that REDACTED we REDACTED ultimately leading to REDACTED. And so REDACTED was REDACTED and the rest is History....NomSayin?

I just finished watching the first 20 minutes of it, which aspect of it do you want to discuss?

General Flynn didn't say anything that I strongly disagree with. On calling Islamism a political movement, he is right.

On saying we are at war with a component of Islam, he is again correct. The interviewer tried to twist it into all of Islam, but the General clarified his comment.

On saying that the U.S. and our Arab allies don't have a comprehensive strategy to end these conflicts, again correct.

When he says that military force should be only a part of a wider strategy, I agree with him.

Not sure if that last part of your post was just comedy, but the General wasn't hiding behind a bunch of redactions.

He was being very upfront and candid about what was being asked of him.

The intelligence community routinely gets hung out to dry by politicians. My earlier comments about the WMD Intel prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq are a prime example.

What the Intel community had was never presented as solid information.