PDA

View Full Version : States (and cities/towns) that ban fireworks for common citizens.. Why sell them?

garhkal
07-06-2015, 05:21 AM
Was watching on the news Friday evening about how people in Ohio who buy fireworks are supposed to sign off on a 'i will remove it within 48 hrs from the territory of the state to use it elsewhere' form, even though the powers that be KNOW its still going to get used here..
So if use of fireworks are banned for common folk, why then SELL THEM?

efmbman
07-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Revenue, taxes... don't discount the potential in fines should someone be caught. Where I live, a little town outside of Nashville (Mt Juliet) repealed their anti-fireworks ordinance recently. However, fireworks can only be used and sold until 10pm, July 5th. There was a news story that police will out in full force to catch folks starting promptly at 10pm. Similar to a speed trap perhaps.

UncaRastus
07-06-2015, 02:54 PM
It's the same here, RM. Fireworks can be sold on the 3rd through the 5th of July, and they may be used on the 3rd through the 5th. Any other time, the cops may bust that person. Not really likely, though. The cops here have a live and live kind of thing going, for most things. Unless it's traffic violations, domestic abuse, or drugs.

Every time I go out driving, I am almost in the ditch near blind corners because drivers out here think that my lane is their lane, approaching blind curves. Not too bad, except that they are going in the opposite direction.

The cops do stop suspicious vehicles if that vehicles owner is known to be a drug pusher. The Buford Pusser way of ensuring that they have broken turn signals is very commonly utilized.

Out here, it's a draw when it comes to domestic abuse. Down the street are two apartment buildings with about 5 couples that can be found almost weekly in the weekly newspaper, for beating on each other. Both males and females are brought to court, for domestic abuse. The 2nd time, they are brought to trial and imprisoned. That doesn't mean squat, because the unimprisoned person picks up another fine person, and very soon, the frivolities begin anew.

Meth was the number 1 item being sold out here until 2005, when a dragnet was tossed out and this area's drug cooks were all sent off to prison.

40 people, mostly of the Russian flavor were caught out here, illegally harvesting Spoonbill fish and taking their eggs, then selling them internationally as caviar.

Back to the original bit of info. Kids around here like to use M80s to mess up mailboxes, also. Usually on the 4th, but not always on that date.

Seeing as to how everything around outside is green, and we get T-storms at this time of year, every other day, it seems. So, there is little possibility of starting fires. Since people around here are big time hunters, they seem to have respect for fireworks.

Just no respect for mailboxes.