PDA

View Full Version : No ACC Family Day for 4th of July

crwchf16
07-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Hopefully ACC is just being slow in announcing it but here we are on July 1st and there is no mention of an ACC Family day this year. Has anyone else in ACC noticed this?

Rainmaker
07-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Hopefully ACC is just being slow in announcing it but here we are on July 1st and there is no mention of an ACC Family day this year. Has anyone else in ACC noticed this?

ALCON: Unfortunately due to budget constraints the 58th annual ACC family day has been CANXD.

However, we are pleased to announce that the 1st Annual ACC LGBT 5k color run will be held instead.

Participants are highly encouraged to attend and run in whichever category they most identify with and your children are certainly welcome to cheer you on.

Very truly yours

Commander ACC xoxo

crwchf16
07-01-2015, 10:34 PM
The truly scary thing is I can actually see something like that happening

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
07-02-2015, 05:39 PM

At the beginning of each year, COMACC puts out a memo stating the planned Family Days. It's not something he waits to announce days prior. If you access the ACC sharepoint site you will see when the family days are planned. I would do it myself, but I am no longer in (thank God).

garhkal
07-03-2015, 06:53 AM
The truly scary thing is I can actually see something like that happening

So can I.
But i can also see it wrote
"due to budget issues the ACC annual 4th of July Command party is cancelled. On the 6th however, the command will be holding a Gay pride 5k fun run in place of command PT. All who are not on light duty are required to be there".