PDA

View Full Version : Who will the Atheists vote for now?

sandsjames
05-29-2015, 08:14 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/politics/hillary-clinton-2016-election-faith/index.html

Oh dear...she brought up her religion...can't have somebody in office who will talk publicly about their Christian beliefs because we must keep separation of church and state. I wonder who the Atheist lobby will support now.

garhkal
05-29-2015, 09:20 PM
I wonder if the Freedom from Religion foundation will now start going after ANY politician who talks about religion..

sandsjames
05-29-2015, 09:51 PM
I wonder if the Freedom from Religion foundation will now start going after ANY politician who talks about religion..

Don't know. I just know that if I was Atheist I'd have a hard time voting for someone who's beliefs are based on some imaginary fairy tale creature. I'd question that person's sanity and capability to run a country. I mean, a Christian doesn't believe in evolution which means that they don't believe "facts" given to them by a large majority of scientists. How can that person be trusted to make decisions based on recommendations from the scientific community?

MikeKerriii
05-30-2015, 12:00 AM
Don't know. I just know that if I was Atheist I'd have a hard time voting for someone who's beliefs are based on some imaginary fairy tale creature. I'd question that person's sanity and capability to run a country. I mean, a Christian doesn't believe in evolution which means that they don't believe "facts" given to them by a large majority of scientists. How can that person be trusted to make decisions based on recommendations from the scientific community?

We atheist have not had much choice in the matter, So we tend to vote for the person whom seems less driven by their invisible friends. For example: if god tells you to go to war I am not going to vote for you.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-30-2015, 12:11 AM

Yeah it is pretty tough to pick a candidate sometimes. It has me thinking of switching to Great Pumpkin worship.

All I have to do is believe in the Great Pumpkin like a little child and he becomes real.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:49 AM
We atheist have not had much choice in the matter, So we tend to vote for the person whom seems less driven by their invisible friends. For example: if god tells you to go to war I am not going to vote for you.

Why don't you write in someone who shares your beliefs? Apparently Christians are the craziest people out there, can't think for themselves, hate gays, etc. Why would you compromise your beliefs (or lack there of) just to go with the popular choice?

garhkal
05-30-2015, 04:46 AM
As there ever been a politician (especially at the federal level) who WAS an atheist?

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 09:20 AM
The intent of this thread is pretty obvious. And people fell for it.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 10:10 AM
The intent of this thread is pretty obvious. And people fell for it.It was obvious. It was to point out how Atheists will talk about Christians believing in fairy tales, not buying into the consensus of the scientific community on many issues, yet still be willing and more than happy to support these crazy people to make the most important decisions in the world. I guess we aren't as crazy as you guys like to make out. Guess it's nothing more than hyperbole.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 11:15 AM
It was obvious. It was to point out how Atheists will talk about Christians believing in fairy tales, not buying into the consensus of the scientific community on many issues, yet still be willing and more than happy to support these crazy people to make the most important decisions in the world. I guess we aren't as crazy as you guys like to make out. Guess it's nothing more than hyperbole.

Great, now that you've said what you had to say... what now?

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Great, now that you've said what you had to say... what now?

Apparently nothing for you as you obviously can't think of a valid response as to why you'd vote for someone who believes in a God who would tell a father to kill his own child. Or is Christianity only crazy when it's a conservative who talks about it?

At least with the conservatives you get honesty about what they believe. Of course, with Hilary, you'll just have to accept that she lies about her true beliefs in order to garner votes. That's who I want in office.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-30-2015, 12:07 PM
I think this is his way of responding to what I posted in the "God made me do it" thread.

He got mad a few days ago and vowed not to discuss religion with me anymore.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Apparently nothing for you as you obviously can't think of a valid response as to why you'd vote for someone who believes in a God who would tell a father to kill his own child. Or is Christianity only crazy when it's a conservative who talks about it?

At least with the conservatives you get honesty about what they believe. Of course, with Hilary, you'll just have to accept that she lies about her true beliefs in order to garner votes. That's who I want in office.

Is this your way of trying to taunt me into what you started this thread for in the first place? I figured I do you one better and let you have your podium. Please, keep talking.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 12:17 PM
I think this is his way of responding to what I posted in the "God made me do it" thread.

He got mad a few days ago and vowed not to discuss religion with me anymore.

Yeah, I say give him what he wants. Seems to me like he took his ball and went home when he didn't like how the game was going. And now he wants to play.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Is this your way of trying to taunt me into what you started this thread for in the first place? I figured I do you one better and let you have your podium. Please, keep talking.

It is. I want to taunt you in because I'm curious about your response. You don't seem to have one, though. Are a liberal Christian's beliefs any less crazy than a conservative's? If Christianity is so crazy and those who believe are delusional and irrational, why would you vote for someone like that to make decisions that impact your life? Or are willing to compromise that part of yourself?

And I'm enjoying how you act like you've never started threads for the exact same reason.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I say give him what he wants. Seems to me like he took his ball and went home when he didn't like how the game was going. And now he wants to play.Went home from where? Talking to AA? He doesn't have discussions. He has talking points.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 12:23 PM
It is. I want to taunt you in because I'm curious about your response. You don't seem to have one, though. Are a liberal Christian's beliefs any less crazy than a conservative's? If Christianity is so crazy and those who believe are delusional and irrational, why would you vote for someone like that to make decisions that impact your life? Or are willing to compromise that part of yourself?

And I'm enjoying how you act like you've never started threads for the exact same reason.

Nope. I have no response. Continue on.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I say give him what he wants. Seems to me like he took his ball and went home when he didn't like how the game was going. And now he wants to play.

He can come back to play anytime he wants, and I won't give him too much of a hard time about it.

Maybe just a punch in the arm or a noogie. After that, all will be forgiven.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Nope. I have no response. Continue on.

That's what I figured. I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to respond either, if I knew it would contradict everything I've always posted about religion and would show that I have a double standard for my elected officials.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 12:32 PM
That's what I figured. I don't blame you. I wouldn't want to respond either, if I knew it would contradict everything I've always posted about religion and would show that I have a double standard for my elected officials.

You're the king of hill, baby. King of the hill.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Poor white people on welfare convince themselves that they are different from everyone else on welfare. Liberals convince themselves that their Christians are somehow better than conservative Christians.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:34 PM
You're the king of hill, baby. King of the hill.

Obviously. I'm only up there, though, because you have no real conviction in your beliefs.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:38 PM
What a great way to start a weekend. I love winning.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 12:44 PM
What a great way to start a weekend. I love winning.

Kind of like sex without a partner. Otherwise known as masturbation.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 12:46 PM
Kind of like sex without a partner. Otherwise known as masturbation.

No, I've got a partner...she's just submissive cuz she knows who the man is.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 01:04 PM
No, I've got a partner...she's just submissive cuz she knows who the man is.

Looks more to me like a man with no game was simply given a pity fuck.

sandsjames
05-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Looks more to me like a man with no game was simply given a pity fuck.

Either way, I'm gettin' mine.

Rusty Jones
05-30-2015, 01:11 PM
Either way, I'm gettin' mine.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Poor white people on welfare convince themselves that they are different from everyone else on welfare. Liberals convince themselves that their Christians are somehow better than conservative Christians.

You've got a pretty good point, but I'm afraid that you just dulled it a bit.

I'm fairly certain that if we started to dig into the demographics of Christian denominations of conservatives and liberals that we would see a few interesting trends.

Without having looked at any polling material, I predict that we'd find the conservative camp harbors far more members of Evangelical type church members.

I realize that you don't know much about the divisions and denominations in Christianity.

The Evangelical label would include many offshoots of Protestantism to include Holiness, Anabaptists, Penecoastals, Charasmatics, some Southern Baptists, and others.

My point is, there are many Christians that are less crazy than others.

TJMAC77SP
05-30-2015, 05:00 PM
I really don't have an opinion one way or the other here except I find it completely hilarious that SJ gets called on starting a thread as a stick in the eye.

I have this voice in my repeating over and over again...........pot...........meet.............ket tle.

Carry on and have fun folks.