PDA

View Full Version : Debates...

Bos Mutus
05-22-2015, 05:26 PM
The 2016 Presidential Race is on....

The GOP learned nothing from 2012, sheduling 12 televised debates...up to as many as 16 candidates(?)

I don't know why the party would do this to themselves...12 opportunities for candidates to say something stupid on national TV....Rick Perry, "I feel strong about 3 things...1, 2...and uh, what was that 3rd one again?"

Primary debates killed them last time...something about when the GOP gets together amongst only themselves...they get into a race to the far right and forget that normal people don't cheer when someone shouts out "let those without insurance die!"...I think the 2012 debates pulled Romney further right than he really is and threw him off message for the general election, among other things.

Probably gonna happen again...

Also...I get that they have a lot of candidates as there is no clear frontrunner...but do they have to have all the candidates at every debate? I mean 16 candidates in 90 min? What are they doing to do, each give a 2 min canned answer to some pre-selected question? Or a few candidates dominate the debate while 12 of them stand there doing nothing...stupid.

Why not draw straws or something and have maybe 4 at each debate...and they each get to attend 4 debates...no two are in the same debate more than twice...not gonna run the stats, but they could reasonably do that...it gives each candidate a greater chance to show what they're about...

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/rnc-2016-debate-schedule-114329.html

The Dems have scheduled 6 debates...probably not nearly as many candidates...Hillary seems to be the pre-annointed nominee, but I'm hoping someone else emerges...Hillary has too much baggage.

I enjoy watching debates when they are real debates...maybe we'll get that in the general...also gonna miss having Ron Paul there...he was always great in the debates.

http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016-debate-schedule/2016-democratic-primary-debate-schedule/

Rusty Jones
05-22-2015, 06:13 PM
The Tea Party has become the GOP's Achilles' Heel. No GOP candidate can with the nomination without courting the Tea Party. However, having courted the Tea Party pretty much guarantees a loss in November.

The GOP is going to have to start moving in a direction that will shake off the Tea Party. Unfortunately, considering the fact that the GOP has a history of being taken over by various groups since the 1960's without being able to fight them off... that's not going to happen.

garhkal
05-22-2015, 10:44 PM
I agree, having this # of debates is imo going to be counter productive for the GOP.

sandsjames
05-23-2015, 01:08 PM
The debates carry about as much weight with me as a reality show. There is nothing real or honest behind them. You won't get a straight answer from anyone on any topic. So, IMO, more is never the right way to do it.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
05-23-2015, 01:25 PM
The Tea Party has become the GOP's Achilles' Heel. No GOP candidate can with the nomination without courting the Tea Party. However, having courted the Tea Party pretty much guarantees a loss in November.

The GOP is going to have to start moving in a direction that will shake off the Tea Party. Unfortunately, considering the fact that the GOP has a history of being taken over by various groups since the 1960's without being able to fight them off... that's not going to happen.

And the sad thing is, the Tea Party is the only group serious about restoring both our financial health and real liberties. They are the only group serious about upholding the constitution.

I know laws like the Patriot Act make many people "feel" safe, but it's unconstitutional. I know keeping the status quo (borrow/spend) to continue growing entitlements makes many people warm and fuzzy, but it's not sustainable. Seems only the Tea Party recognizes this and only the Tea Party wants to fix it.

MikeKerriii
05-26-2015, 01:32 AM
And the sad thing is, the Tea Party is the only group serious about restoring both our financial health and real liberties. They are the only group serious about upholding the constitution.

I know laws like the Patriot Act make many people "feel" safe, but it's unconstitutional. I know keeping the status quo (borrow/spend) to continue growing entitlements makes many people warm and fuzzy, but it's not sustainable. Seems only the Tea Party recognizes this and only the Tea Party wants to fix it.

The tea part is not the only people that want to fix those problems, it is the main group that wants to wreck everything while in a panic fix a relatively minor problem retreating to the Jim Crow 50s is not a fix for most of us.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
05-26-2015, 01:42 PM
The tea part is not the only people that want to fix those problems, it is the main group that wants to wreck everything while in a panic fix a relatively minor problem retreating to the Jim Crow 50s is not a fix for most of us.

Ah...so if I support the Tea Party, then I'm a racist? THAT'S what the Tea Party stands for, segregation and racism?

Mata Leao
05-26-2015, 03:12 PM
I'd like to see Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren make a serious run. That would push Hillary into moon-bat land in order to keep up. That's the debate I want to see.

Last I heard the GOP is only inviting the front runners to the first debates. I forget how many exactly. Probably 15 of the 16.

MikeKerriii
05-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Ah...so if I support the Tea Party, then I'm a racist? THAT'S what the Tea Party stands for, segregation and racism?

You can be a tea party member without being a racist, if you pay little of r no attention wti how the tea part acts or who it supports, Ignorance is a plausible excuse. Who exactly are you trying to take back your country from other than mo women and minorities, and coincidentally a majority of the voters?

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 03:19 PM
I'd like to see Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren make a serious run. That would push Hillary into moon-bat land in order to keep up. That's the debate I want to see.

Last I heard the GOP is only inviting the front runners to the first debates. I forget how many exactly. Probably 15 of the 16.

The sad thing is, I would like to think that the current crop of GOP candidates are sacrificial lambs; but if they perceive Obama to be unpopular - and as we know, perception is reality - 2016 is not the year for the GOP to be putting up sacrificial lambs. That means one of two things: 1. Either the GOP is putting up sacrificial lambs, possibly against their own better judgement; or 2. the GOP is actually serious about these candidates.

The best thing that can happen to the GOP is that the Tea Party severs its ties with them - and takes the Southern Strategy with them. This would put the GOP in pretty sweet spot.

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 05:01 PM

Most people in the Tea Party are not racist...but most racists are in the Tea Party, or at least claim Tea Party...I'm not sure if they are actually "in" the party, whatever that means.

The Tea Party may have started with a narrow focus on taxes and spending, but have allowed their brand to be corrupted by social conservatives.

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 05:03 PM

..was hoping the Dems come up with an alternative to Hillary...not sure they will though. Only good thing about Hillary would be watching the conservatives lose their minds if she wins....four more years of whining about "the worst President in history", etc. etc.

Crazy

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 05:17 PM
..was hoping the Dems come up with an alternative to Hillary...not sure they will though. Only good thing about Hillary would be watching the conservatives lose their minds if she wins....four more years of whining about "the worst President in history", etc. etc.

Crazy

Well, we've got Bernie Sanders. To be honest, I actually like him better than Clinton. But... he is to liberals what Ron Paul was to conservatives back in 2008... i.e., something that we'd like to see happen that we know fully well will not.

Correction: I meant to say 2012.

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Well, we've got Bernie Sanders. To be honest, I actually like him better than Clinton. But... he is to liberals what Ron Paul was to conservatives back in 2008... i.e., something that we'd like to see happen that we know fully well will not.

Only thing I really know about Sanders is his stance on Veterans' issues...which he speaks on with great clarity.

Funny you mention him being the liberal Ron Paul...I was thinking the same thing.

Why is he an "Independent" and running for the Democratic nomination?

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 05:41 PM
most racists are in the Tea Party, or at least claim Tea Party...I'm not sure if they are actually "in" the party, whatever that means.

How do you know this? Have you ever been to a Tea Party meeting? Rainmaker has been to a half-dozen Tea Party General meetings (prior to it being co-opted by the Globalists). In all those times, He's never once heard a discussion about race. Not one.....Contrary to popular belief There were no white supremacists there. There were also no Black Racists, No Hispanic National Council of La Raza racists, No Gay Mafia heterophobic hate-speakers, No Islamic front group Muslim Brotherhood Jihadists, No Prestitute Media propagandists, No red team/blue team political hacks, Or No Jesus Christ-Hating, ACLU NAMBLA supporting communists there either.

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Rainmaker has been to a half-dozen Tea Party General meetings

I rest my case.

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 05:44 PM
How do you know this? Have you ever been to a Tea Party meeting? Rainmaker has been to a half-dozen Tea Party General meetings (prior to it being co-opted by the Globalists). In all those times, He's never once heard a discussion about race. Not one.....Contrary to popular belief There were no white supremacists there. There were also no Black Racists, No Hispanic National Council of La Raza racists, No Gay Mafia heterophobic hate-speakers, No Islamic front group Muslim Brotherhood Jihadists, No Prestitute Media propagandists, No red team/blue team political hacks, Or No Jesus Christ-Hating, ACLU NAMBLA supporting communists there either.

So... were the people at the Tea Party meetings the type who would say the things that you just typed?

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 05:51 PM
So... were the people at the Tea Party meetings the type who would say the things that you just typed?

No they were mostly talking about boring stuff like the Constitution, Rule of Law, TARP, Balancing the Budget, Repealing Obamacare...those kind of things.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 05:54 PM
I rest my case.

So, I'll take that to mean "No" you haven't been and you're just talking out of your ass...

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 05:59 PM
No they were mostly talking about boring stuff like the Constitution, Rule of Law, TARP, Balancing the Budget, Repealing Obamacare...those kind of things.

I didn't ask whether or not they said those things. I asked whether or not they were the type who would. In your estimation, of course.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 06:03 PM
I didn't ask whether or not they said those things. I asked whether or not they were the type. In your estimation, of course.

The type to think what? That someone other than a white, hetero-sexual male can be racist? Yes, most of them are pretty well informed about what's going on.

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 06:07 PM
The type to think what? That someone other than a white, hetero-sexual male can be racist? Yes, most of them are pretty well informed about what's going on.

So they're the type who would repeat the things you said then, yes?

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 06:10 PM
So they're the type who would repeat the things you said then, yes?

What things Rusty? that there were no racists there? Yes, they are the type to repeat that. In my estimation, of course.

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 06:14 PM
What things Rusty? that there were no racists there? Yes, they are the type to repeat that. In my estimation, of course.

Quit beating around the bush, Rainmaker. I'm talking about this:

There were also no Black Racists, No Hispanic National Council of La Raza racists, No Gay Mafia heterophobic hate-speakers, No Islamic front group Muslim Brotherhood Jihadists, No Prestitute Media propagandists, No red team/blue team political hacks, Or No Jesus Christ-Hating, ACLU NAMBLA supporting communists there either.

And so I ask again: generally speaking, were the people who were there the type who would say these things?

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 06:18 PM
So, I'll take that to mean "No" you haven't been and you're just talking out of your ass...

Have you been to a NAMBLA meeting...or is it possible you know what they are about without attending a meeting?

I don't doubt that racism is not part of official agenda of the Tea Party...I'm sure it's not.

I just think a lot of racists have jumped into the group...

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Quit beating around the bush, Rainmaker. I'm talking about this:

And so I ask again: generally speaking, were the people who were there the type who would say these things?

Yes , they would say there are no racists there....Tell you what Rusty, Why don't you go to a meeting and see for yourself? And then report back to us here, with what you found out...

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Yes , they would say there are no racists there....Tell you what Rusty, Why don't you go to a meeting and see for yourself? And then report back to us here, with what you found out...

Hey, Bos... Rainmaker won't answer my question. Why do you think that is?

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 06:27 PM
No thanks Bos. You're barking up the wrong tree. Rainmaker prefers adult women.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 06:32 PM

The invite stands. Hell, Rainmaker'll even fly you down to FL and introduce you at the next meeting, so you can check it out. We can even arrange a TSA officer to gently cup your balls at the airport and make you feel more secure.

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 06:36 PM

Well, his usual M-O is if you can't attack the message, attack the messenger

No thanks Bos. You're barking up the wrong tree. Rainmaker prefers adult women.

The invite stands. He;; Rainmaker'll even fly you down to FL and introduce you at the next meeting, so you can check it out. We can even arrange a TSA officer to gently cup your balls at the airport and make you feel more secure.

Wow...didn't see that coming [/sarcasm]

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 06:36 PM
The invite stands. Hell, Rainmaker'll even fly you down to FL and introduce you at the next meeting, so you can check it out. We can even arrange a TSA officer to gently cup your balls at the airport and make you feel more secure.

Or you could just save yourself the hundreds of dollars in airfare and just answer the damn question. But I know you're not going to do it.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Or you could just save yourself the hundreds of dollars in airfare and just answer the damn question. But I know you're not going to do it.

I already told you, that I've been to 6 meetings and there were ZERO discussions about race heard there, and in my estimation the people there would say the same thing.... What do you want something you can cut and paste out of context to cry racism to the moderators and demand Rainmaker get banned again for hurting your pussy? Most of the complaints about the Tea Party are based on exaggeration, misconception, myths and outright lies. The invitation still stands. PM me and let me know when you want to fly. I'll pay your airfare.

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 06:49 PM
I already told you, that I've been to 6 meetings and there were ZERO discussions about race heard there, and in my estimation the people there would say the same thing.... What do you want something you can cut and paste out of context to cry racism to the moderators and demand Rainmaker get banned again for hurting your pussy? Most of the complaints about the Tea Party are based on exaggeration, misconception, myths and outright lies. The invitation still stands. PM me and let me know when you want to fly. I'll pay your airfare.

Tell me again whose pussy is hurt?

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Well, his usual M-O is if you can't attack the message, attack the messenger

right out of the leftist playbook, can't attack the Tea Party message so, they accuse them of being racist.... just stick to watching Reverend Sharpton on MSNBC or reading Jezebell.com or whatever slimy pit of "Social Justice " it is that you get your "information" from.

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 07:03 PM
right out of the leftist playbook, can't attack the Tea Party message so, they accuse them of being racist...

Oh, snap...point for originality!

. just stick to watching Reverend Sharpton on MSNBC or reading Jezebell.com or whatever slimy pit of "Social Justice "you get your "information" from.

...again, I don't think the "official" Tea Party stance it to be racist...I just think many racist people have joined the party and corrupted its brand.

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 07:16 PM
...again, I don't think the "official" Tea Party stance it to be racist...I just think many racist people have joined the party and corrupted its brand.

Why is that? Why do people jump to that conclusion? I'd be willing to bet there are an equal amount of racists in all parties. Why is it that the Tea Party gets the focus? Is it because they are, stereotypically, a bunch of rich white people?

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Why is that? Why do people jump to that conclusion? I'd be willing to bet there are an equal amount of racists in all parties. Why is it that the Tea Party gets the focus? Is it because they are, stereotypically, a bunch of rich white people?

Rainmaker is a teabagger who says that, in his estimation, teabaggers generally think like he does. Should that clue you in any?

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 07:24 PM

It has nothing to do with race. It's Because we're living in a 2 party dictatorship and the TEA Party represented a grass roots threat to the power structure. I think people would be surprised of the makeup of the people at these meetings , if they actually attended a meeting (instead of letting John Stewart Liebowitz tell them what to think). In my county many of them were Hispanics and most of them had money.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-26-2015, 07:40 PM
How do you know this? Have you ever been to a Tea Party meeting? Rainmaker has been to a half-dozen Tea Party General meetings (prior to it being co-opted by the Globalists).

Who are the Globalists, and how did they co-opt the TEA Party?

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 07:47 PM
It has nothing to do with race. It's Because we're living in a 2 party dictatorship and the TEA Party represented a grass roots threat to the power structure. I think people would be surprised of the makeup of the people at these meetings , if they actually attended a meeting (instead of letting John Stewart Liebowitz tell them what to think). In my county many of them were Hispanics and most of them had money.

You live in Florida. When you say "Hispanics," you're probably talking about Cubans.

Just to help you out... certain nationalities, like Cubans, you might want to specify instead of using the general term "Hispanic." It puts things into proper perspective.

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 08:05 PM

Liebowitz? That's a good point to make to help your argument.

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Rainmaker is a teabagger who says that, in his estimation, teabaggers generally think like he does. Should that clue you in any?Not really. Everything he says is an exaggeration so I don't know why the assumption should be made on this one that he's on target, except for the fact that it's what you want to believe.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 08:16 PM
Who are the Globalists, and how did they co-opt the TEA Party?

Who are the globalists? Christian Zionist nutjobs and Godless Bolshevik hippie radicals (and their protégés).... The 2 parties are like 2 competing mafia families fighting over their territory (the American Citizenry) The Koch bros and Dick Armey's group among others spent billions into co-opting the TEA party movement on a national level. Just like Soros used his 501 tax exemept "non profits" to take control of the democrat party funding. McCain-Feingold (a marriage made in hell) campaign finance reform makes it legal to bribe politicians, so long as you call it a campaign donation. BTW in case you didn't know.. Pro wrestling is also fake.

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 08:21 PM
BTW in case you didn't know.. Pro wrestling is also fake.No it's not. It's real. I've watched it. Is it scripted? Sure. Is the outcome predetermined? Of course. But it's definitely real, or we all have the same hallucination.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 08:26 PM
You live in Florida. When you say "Hispanics," you're probably talking about Cubans.

Just to help you out... certain nationalities, like Cubans, you might want to specify instead of using the general term "Hispanic." It puts things into proper perspective.

What are Cubans not brown enough for you to be considered Hispanic? I live in Southwest Florida. There are plenty of other Hispanics here besides just the Cubans. I know it's hard for you to believe this but, Like I said it really didn't come up what race anyone was.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 08:28 PM
Liebowitz? That's a good point to make to help your argument.

Rainmaker don't make arguments. He simply states the truth. You Bitches can take it or leave it.

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Rainmaker don't make arguments. He simply states the truth. You Bitches can take it or leave it.

Of course you do. You are the light and the way.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Of course you do. You are the light and the way.

Stop worshipping me. Rainmaker is not G-d. He fell for Eve's Big Booty just like the rest of you assholes!

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 08:33 PM

Yep... because anything you say while being a total dick is "the truth" and other people can't handle it.

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Stop worshipping me. Rainmaker is not G-d. He fell for Eve's Big Booty just like the rest of you assholes!

Why the hyphen in "God"? Is there some rule about spelling out the whole word I don't know about?

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 08:36 PM
What are Cubans not brown enough for you to be considered Hispanic? I live in Southwest Florida. There are plenty of other Hispanics here besides just the Cubans. I know it's hard for you to believe this but, Like I said it really didn't come up what race anyone was.

Cubans are the only ones that I expect to be at a teabagger meeting. I'm sure there's a few nationalities in there, just like you might find a Ruckus or two in there... but if you mention that Cubans are there, I'm just as shocked as I would be if you told me that WASPs were there.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Yep... because anything you say while being a total dick is "the truth" and other people can't handle it.

It gets better Rusty. Rainmaker has been approached by the local TEA party chapter to run for his city council. It's the first step on the journey to POTUS. when he gets elected. you'd better lock up your doors and cover your up socialist butthole.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 08:40 PM
Why the hyphen in "God"? Is there some rule about spelling out the whole word I don't know about?

Rainmaker is follower of many religions. He likes to hedge his bets.

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 08:44 PM
It gets better Rusty. Rainmaker has been approached by the TEA party to run for his city council. It's the first step on the journey to POTUS. when he gets elected. you'd better lock up your doors and cover your up socialist butthole.

Great. And when we hear of a retired Air Force Master Sergeant from southwest Florida running for president, you've got enough posts here on MTF to fuck you before you even get to Iowa.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Great. And when we hear of a retired Air Force Master Sergeant from southwest Florida running for president, you've got enough posts here on MTF to fuck you before you even get to Iowa.

His posting record would even sink his bid for a city council seat.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 08:55 PM

The Hildabeast is unelectable because of her husband's repeated trips to Epstein's pedophile island. The MSM knows that if this story grows legs, it's curtains for the socialist party of misfit toys, which is why they're actually covering some of the scandals with her for a change.

She'll be used long enough to get a few leftist talking points out there to the mob(Fairness and Income Inequality meme, we need a POTUS with a vagina, Putin is Hitler etc.), Then they'll ditch her for Senator Pochahontas...

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 09:02 PM
His posting record would even sink his bid for a city council seat.

You underestimate Rainmaker's charisma. Don't worry Abs, Rainmaker will be a benevolent dictator to all his peeps on MTF.

Rusty Jones
05-26-2015, 09:11 PM
You underestimate Rainmaker's charisma. Don't worry Abs, Rainmaker will be a benevolent dictator to all his peeps on MTF.

Right, because everyone on MTF has been so captivated by your "charisma" thus far. I guess how it will work out for you during your campaigning remains to be seen.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 09:14 PM
Right, because everyone on MTF has been so captivated by your "charisma" thus far. I guess how it will work out for you during your campaigning remains to be seen.

"The only time Jesus ever became violent was when he chased the money changers from the temple.... "He made a whip out of cords...and he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables"...

What was that all about? The money changers were the bankers of that day. They had created a special silver coin called the "half shekel of the sanctuary". Even the poor had to have some of these coins to pay their temple tax. So, the money changers could charge whatever " the market" would bear. This monopoly on money was nothing less than stealing from the poorest on their holiest ground. This outraged Jesus just as it would outrage the senators of the roman republic a few years later."

Rainmaker presents, The most important documentary you will ever watch "The secret of Oz"..... start watching at 11:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIhDdST27g&feature=youtu.be

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 09:17 PM

This is a good question...and would be nice if we could honestly discuss it without all the characters running around, but I doubt it...

While we all know that Rainman's character is hyperbolic, and at times parody...I think most of us can detect the racism in it. Even though, he could challenge you to name one racist post he has made and explain most of them as something else..."not racist, anti-ignorant" "not racist, anti-socialist" "not racist, anti-free shit army", etc.

There's going to be nothing officially racist about the Tea Party...but amongst the "Tea Party" people I know, there often seems to be a racist sub-text to much of what they're saying.

It is difficult to ponit to a single thing, but it will be easily disclaimed "Not racist, anti-govt handout", "Not racist, anti-whatever"

So, like Rainman might point out that Jon Stewart is actual Leibowitz (no doubt to highllight the fact that he is Jewish)...or Barack HUSSEIN Obama, to highlight the fact that he is connect to a Muslim...or will highlight how some Kenyan offered him 30 goats and 2 cows to marry his daughter...has nothing to do with Obama or his policies, but serves to make the point, "He is not one of us"...

...and while these people will say "Take back America"...they will say it's nothing racial, but take it back from "lefties, who want to destroy it"...the things that "ruiuned it" are "Political correctness (i.e. not being able to say negative words about minorities), or "Diversity-cult (invited minorities to the table", or "Multiculturalism (i.e. anything not white christian culture)"

...again, most of this will be subtext...nothing overtly racist. And, not even really racist for the sake of race..."because, hey, we love Ben Carson, and he's black"

it's wanting to "Take America back" to a time and place when white Christians made the rules and set the standards...it's why these people wail that a well-educated American Seikh be allowed to wear a turban in military uniform, he should "meet the standards like everybody else"....standards that were certainly not made in consultation with a Seikh.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 09:25 PM
This is a good question...and would be nice if we could honestly discuss it without all the characters running around, but I doubt it...

While we all know that Rainman's character is hyperbolic, and at times parody...I think most of us can detect the racism in it. Even though, he could challenge you to name one racist post he has made and explain most of them as something else..."not racist, anti-ignorant" "not racist, anti-socialist" "not racist, anti-free shit army", etc.

There's going to be nothing officially racist about the Tea Party...but amongst the "Tea Party" people I know, there often seems to be a racist sub-text to much of what they're saying.

It is difficult to ponit to a single thing, but it will be easily disclaimed "Not racist, anti-govt handout", "Not racist, anti-whatever"

So, like Rainman might point out that Jon Stewart is actual Leibowitz (no doubt to highllight the fact that he is Jewish)...or Barack HUSSEIN Obama, to highlight the fact that he is connect to a Muslim...or will highlight how some Kenyan offered him 30 goats and 2 cows to marry his daughter...has nothing to do with Obama or his policies, but serves to make the point, "He is not one of us"...

...and while these people will say "Take back America"...they will say it's nothing racial, but take it back from "lefties, who want to destroy it"...the things that "ruiuned it" are "Political correctness (i.e. not being able to say negative words about minorities), or "Diversity-cult (invited minorities to the table", or "Multiculturalism (i.e. anything not white christian culture)"

...again, most of this will be subtext...nothing overtly racist. And, not even really racist for the sake of race..."because, hey, we love Ben Carson, and he's black"

Thanks for your observations. Your posts should come with a disclaimer: " this transmission brought to you by the Tides Foundation"... Who knew Eric Holder was one of our newest MTF posters!!How's retirement going anyway?? You're not fooling anybody anymore Eric...... Rainmaker travels in a Hot tub time machine....

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 09:25 PM

I don't deny there is a lot of racism out there. My problem is that if one criticizes the President, criticizes the Welfare program, criticizes immigration, then they are labeled as a racist. It's like it's not possible to be against certain things without being racist.

Let's assume that everyone from every nation was one color/race. I would still dislike the policies of this President. I would still dislike our immigration policies. I would still feel that we need to keep people from using the welfare system as a way of life. However, because everyone is NOT the same color/race and those programs and issues involve people who are, in general, a different color/race than me, it automatically categorizes the person disagreeing as a racist.

Presidents are disliked all the time by the other party. White people get deported if they are illegal. White people misuse welfare. So what makes it racist to rail against these things?

That's my biggest problem.

Bos Mutus
05-26-2015, 09:39 PM
I don't deny there is a lot of racism out there. My problem is that if one criticizes the President, criticizes the Welfare program, criticizes immigration, then they are labeled as a racist. It's like it's not possible to be against certain things without being racist.

I don't accept this premise...who is labeling who? I think many people oppose the President without being called a racist.

I'm not even an Obama supporter...never even voted for him.

Let's assume that everyone from every nation was one color/race. I would still dislike the policies of this President. I would still dislike our immigration policies. I would still feel that we need to keep people from using the welfare system as a way of life. However, because everyone is NOT the same color/race and those programs and issues involve people who are, in general, a different color/race than me, it automatically categorizes the person disagreeing as a racist.

Presidents are disliked all the time by the other party. White people get deported if they are illegal. White people misuse welfare. So what makes it racist to rail against these things?

If illegal immigrants looked like us and talked like us, celebrated the same holidays as us...I don't think those Tea Party people would have too much of a problem with them....that's what I think...it's my impression.

I don't think the Tea Party seems to have much of a problem with the white Christians in Appalachia who have been on govt. assistance for generations....that's my impression of the Tea Party people.

When I start seeing meme's highlight poor white folks as the takers of the country...then maybe I'll get a different impression. Again, usually what I'm talking about isn't official "Tea Party" literature...it's people I know who claim Tea Party and constantly post meme's the subtlely deliver this message.

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 09:47 PM
I don't accept this premise...who is labeling who? I think many people oppose the President without being called a racist.

I'm not even an Obama supporter...never even voted for him.

If illegal immigrants looked like us and talked like us, celebrated the same holidays as us...I don't think those Tea Party people would have too much of a problem with them....that's what I think...it's my impression.

I don't think the Tea Party seems to have much of a problem with the white Christians in Appalachia who have been on govt. assistance for generations....that's my impression of the Tea Party people.

When I start seeing meme's highlight poor white folks as the takers of the country...then maybe I'll get a different impression. Again, usually what I'm talking about isn't official "Tea Party" literature...it's people I know who claim Tea Party and constantly post meme's the subtlely deliver this message.

Fair enough...that's what you expect to see from them so that's what you do see...same as the Christian right who see meme's about "fairy tales" and "climate change deniers" and believe there's a war again Christianity. That's what they expect to see from the left so that's what they see.

Do I think it's the policy of the left to be anti-religious? Nope. But many of the people in the Democrat party are anti-religion.

That's just the impression I get.

Rainmaker
05-26-2015, 09:48 PM

So, let me get this straight.....Fed .gov spends $50 Million a year supporting La Raza ,a brown supremacist hate group (that literally translates to the race) and institutionalizes a 40 year non-white based immigration policy, to permanently alter the demographics of the country and then uses the Corporate media to demonize and the IRS to go after the TEA party for actually demanding the government follow our constitution, and you brainwashed liberal morons sit on here and pontificate about whether the Tea Party are secretly hidden racists. .and whether we should vote for Bush or Clinton again??!! Unbelievable. Rainmaker. Out.

sandsjames
05-26-2015, 10:15 PM
So, let me get this straight.....Fed .gov spends $50 Million a year supporting La Raza ,a brown supremacist hate group (that literally translates to the race) and institutionalizes a 40 year non-white based immigration policy, to permanently alter the demographics of the country and then uses the Corporate media to demonize and the IRS to go after the TEA party for actually demanding the government follow our constitution, and you brainwashed liberal morons sit on here and pontificate about whether the Tea Party are secretly hidden racists. .and whether we should vote for Bush or Clinton again??!! Unbelievable. Rainmaker. Out.

That's what you got from my post? Damn, dude...tunnel vision.

Rainmaker
05-28-2015, 06:00 PM
Only thing I really know about Sanders is his stance on Veterans' issues...which he speaks on with great clarity.

Funny you mention him being the liberal Ron Paul...I was thinking the same thing.

Why is he an "Independent" and running for the Democratic nomination?

Good question. Bolshevik posing as an Independent.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse