PDA

View Full Version : Social Media Outrage

Mjölnir
05-19-2015, 08:49 PM
This seems to sum up so many people these days:

http://terminallance.com/wp-content/uploads/comics/2015-05-19-Strip_Outrage_web.gif

sandsjames
05-19-2015, 09:14 PM

http://terminallance.com/wp-content/uploads/comics/2015-05-19-Strip_Outrage_web.gif

In the past couple weeks I've really gotten to the point of being completely annoyed with the word "outrage" being used for everything. I've really noticed in on Fox News more than I ever did...not that I watch any of the "news" channels much but whenever I turn it on I hear the word.

And that T-shirt crap was ridiculous. I thought the shirt looked pretty cool.

TJMAC77SP
05-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Guess I missed the brouhaha. Of course there are plenty of other ones out there. This week's is the incorrect celebration of Memorial Day.

Bos Mutus
05-19-2015, 10:05 PM

Pretty much spot on...I'm on a couple vet/military pages and pretty much anything that is inappropriate towards the military is an outrage, disrespectful to the dead, why don't you grab a rifle and go to Iraq...yada yada yada...

...anything else that anyone finds inappropriate in any way is "The PC bullshit that is ruining this country...everybody is so sensitive...the feminization of the country"...yada yada...same thing, every day.

Mjölnir
05-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Guess I missed the brouhaha. Of course there are plenty of other ones out there. This week's is the incorrect celebration of Memorial Day.

Wasn't that the brouhaha this time last year, and the year before ... and the year before that?

sandsjames
05-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Pretty much spot on...I'm on a couple vet/military pages and pretty much anything that is inappropriate towards the military is an outrage, disrespectful to the dead, why don't you grab a rifle and go to Iraq...yada yada yada... Agree, it's ludicrous.

...anything else that anyone finds inappropriate in any way is "The PC bullshit that is ruining this country...everybody is so sensitive...the feminization of the country"...yada yada...same thing, every day.Everyone IS too sensitive...including the people you mention in the first paragraph...

The people who slobber all over the military are falling into the same "PC bullshit" as the liberals they complain about. PC is PC, and it's all stupid. I don't even really know what PC means, but I know that it's used to try to censor people's vocabulary.

...NOTE: Made a major edit to this because my first point made no sense when I read it back to myself.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Wasn't that the brouhaha this time last year, and the year before ... and the year before that?

Probably. I am just noticing it more this year I guess.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 12:40 AM
I thought that was a cool shirt, but of course... if were to say that around a bunch of Marines, they'd they that it's because I'm not a Marine or that my opinion isn't valid because of it. I know, because I watched this happen all throughout the internet when watching people talk about that shirt. And, well, that's typical Marine behavior.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 01:01 AM
I thought that was a cool shirt, but of course... if were to say that around a bunch of Marines, they'd they that it's because I'm not a Marine or that my opinion isn't valid because of it. I know, because I watched this happen all throughout the internet when watching people talk about that shirt. And, well, that's typical Marine behavior.

IMO, it's the same as the people who get pissed off every time the word "battle" or "war" is used when talking about sports.