PDA

View Full Version : Texas biker gangs ordered to kill 'anyone in uniform'

Rusty Jones
05-19-2015, 08:19 PM
http://www.goheroes.us/53-hours/texas-biker-gangs-ordered-to-kill-anyone-in-uniform

WACO: Police have issued an Officer Safety Alert after credible information was received that the biker gangs involved in today's deadly shootout have been ordered to 'kill anyone in uniform'.

Police were involved in the shooting that included at least 3 outlaw motorcycle gangs (OMGs) in what a local police sergeant is calling “…one of the worst crime scenes I have seen in 34-years of Law Enforcement. ” Photographs from the scene show ‘the colors’ of the Cossacks, Bandidos and Scimitars, although the Cossacks and Bandidos appear to be the main belligerents. Both of those motorcycle clubs are from Texas and have had bad blood since a Bandido chapter president was arrested for stabbing two Cossacks in the parking lot of another restaurant.

Waco police had placed a security contingent of about 12 officers and were there when a fight broke out and spilled into the parking lot. the fight progressed rapidly from fists, to chains and knives and then firearms. Officers moved in as gunfire was erupting and treated it as an active shooter scene. According to Sgt. Swanton, spokesman for the department, police did fire at the gang members who were shooting after gunfire was directed at them.

The shootout has left at least 9 dead and 18 injured and although police were at the Twin Peaks Bar & Grill at the time of the shooting, none were injured. The hangout features scantily-clad servers. According to Sgt. Swanton of the Waco Police Department, the agency has been trying to work with the bar within the last few months in getting outlaw biker gang activity “cut back” at the venue and have been unsuccessful, “they have not been of much assistance to us”, he explained. Swanton frustratedly continued, “Apparently the management wanted them here, so we didn’t have any say so in the matter of whether they could be here or not.” Following the shooting the establishment issued the following statement:

“We are horrified by the criminal, violent acts that occurred outside of our Waco restaurant today. We share in the community’s trauma. Our priority is to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our customers and employees, and we consider the police our partners in doing so. Our management team has had ongoing and positive communications with the police and we will continue to work with them as we all want to keep violent crime out of our businesses and community. We will continue to cooperate with the police as they investigate this terrible crime.”

The Waco police said that a large contingent of officers from all levels working in cooperation to process the crime scene.

If only the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases, which prompted so many conservatives who were successfully appealed to by the Southern Strategy, to put "thin blue line" bumper stickers all over the cars; weren't the cases that caused so many people to film the police and expose their abuses... and even stand up to the police... if these biker gangs in Texas were the first to wage war on the police, I'm wondering if the thin blue line would be anywhere near as popular.

I'm also wondering if people in the news articles are going to be calling these bikers "thugs" or "animals" and things of that nature in the comments sections of news articles and facebook news feeds. We'll see.

sandsjames
05-19-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm also wondering if people in the news articles are going to be calling these bikers "thugs" or "animals" and things of that nature in the comments sections of news articles and facebook news feeds. We'll see.
They should be called thugs and animals. That's exactly what they are. I guess we'll have to wait to see if the President calls them thugs and animals as well, or if he only refers to black people that way.

I, personally, wouldn't even bother sending in the police. I'd send in the National Guard, fully armed, and see how things go.

I can see what you're trying to get at but, unless I've missed something, my question is why has nobody bothered questioning the response of the police force in this situation? Nobody is saying that they used too much force. Why isn't anyone questioning why the police were even there in the first place, prepared for what happened. Were they profiling? I think they were. And I think it was warranted. I fully expect the number of bikers pulled over in the near future to increase greatly.

You should be happy about this situation. Racist white guys killing racist white guys. It's the ideal scenario. Now, in the future when someone points out black on black crime you can pull this one out of your bag of tricks.

TJMAC77SP
05-19-2015, 08:37 PM
I have heard many people call them thugs. Greta Van Susteren to name one

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4243512868001/greta-guess-what-word-police-bullies-biker-gangs-are-thugs/?intcmp=related#sp=show-clips

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
05-19-2015, 08:55 PM
Thugs like rap music, rob stores at gunpoint, collect welfare and drink Mad Dog wine. Whereas, motorcycle club members occasionally resolve internal disputes, most likely caused by a misunderstanding, by using weapons to inflict bodily harm upon each other. Big difference, right?

Rusty Jones
05-19-2015, 08:57 PM
I have heard many people call them thugs. Greta Van Susteren to name one

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4243512868001/greta-guess-what-word-police-bullies-biker-gangs-are-thugs/?intcmp=related#sp=show-clips

Considering how she's been defending use of the word "thug," I can easily chalk that up to her making a conscious effort to use that word to describe the bikers for visibility reasons.

Rusty Jones
05-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Thugs like rap music, rob stores at gunpoint, collect welfare and drink Mad Dog wine.

1. Of the four things you mentioned, only one of them is a crime and is part of the definition of "thug."

Whereas, motorcycle club members occasionally resolve internal disputes, most likely caused by a misunderstanding, by using weapons to inflict bodily harm upon each other. Big difference, right?

2. How is any of this as opposed to the four things you used to describe "thug?"

The non-criminal acts you mentioned are stereotypes of black people. Yet, you consider that part of "thuggery." Yeah, tell me again how that the term isn't the new n-word?

Rusty Jones
05-19-2015, 09:05 PM
They should be called thugs and animals. That's exactly what they are. I guess we'll have to wait to see if the President calls them thugs and animals as well, or if he only refers to black people that way.

I, personally, wouldn't even bother sending in the police. I'd send in the National Guard, fully armed, and see how things go.

I can see what you're trying to get at but, unless I've missed something, my question is why has nobody bothered questioning the response of the police force in this situation? Nobody is saying that they used too much force. Why isn't anyone questioning why the police were even there in the first place, prepared for what happened. Were they profiling? I think they were. And I think it was warranted. I fully expect the number of bikers pulled over in the near future to increase greatly.

You should be happy about this situation. Racist white guys killing racist white guys. It's the ideal scenario. Now, in the future when someone points out black on black crime you can pull this one out of your bag of tricks.

Okay, if this was in Chicago and the cops drove past a club that they saw Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords, and Mickey Cobras going into and coming out of and they decided to position themselves there; that's one thing. Nobody would say that that was racist. And that's all they did in the case of the bikers.

sandsjames
05-19-2015, 09:08 PM
1. Of the four things you mentioned, only one of them is a crime and is part of the definition of "thug."

2. How is any of this as opposed to the four things you used to describe "thug?"

The non-criminal acts you mentioned are stereotypes of black people. Yet, you consider that part of "thuggery." Yeah, tell me again how that the term isn't the new n-word?

I think you missed his sarcasm. Really.

sandsjames
05-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Okay, if this was in Chicago and the cops drove past a club that they saw Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords, and Mickey Cobras going into and coming out of and they decided to position themselves there; that's one thing. Nobody would say that that was racist. And that's all they did in the case of the bikers.I don't know who any of the groups are...

I'm impressed, though, Rusty. You figured out a way to turn white guys killing white guys into a race discussion. Well done.

Rusty Jones
05-19-2015, 09:12 PM
I think you missed his sarcasm. Really.

I just took another look at it. Yeah, I missed it. Good thing you caught it before I did, because I'd have gotten trolled the fuck out of. Good looking out!

sandsjames
05-19-2015, 09:21 PM
I just took another look at it. Yeah, I missed it. Good thing you caught it before I did, because I'd have gotten trolled the fuck out of. Good looking out!

My pleasure...

Question...how is the word "Thug" supposed to be looked at with the way it's used in Tupac's lyrics? "Thug 4 Life" pretty much defines what "thug" is. It's almost a badge of honor, it seems to me, to be seen as a "thug". Of course that was almost 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed. I'm definitely in no position to make educated comments on this meaning of the word.

Or, is it ok to be referred to as a thug inside the black community but not from "outsiders"? Almost like the "n" word is ok within the black community but not by whites?

Rusty Jones
05-19-2015, 09:32 PM
My pleasure...

Question...how is the word "Thug" supposed to be looked at with the way it's used in Tupac's lyrics? "Thug 4 Life" pretty much defines what "thug" is. It's almost a badge of honor, it seems to me, to be seen as a "thug". Of course that was almost 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed. I'm definitely in no position to make educated comments on this meaning of the word.

Or, is it ok to be referred to as a thug inside the black community but not from "outsiders"? Almost like the "n" word is ok within the black community but not by whites?

"Thug" was never a "badge of honor," it was simply just a word that was used to describe those who lived that life. The problem, of course, came years later in the age of social media. It becomes plain to see that when there's a mug shot of a black person in your facebook feed from a local news channel; that a "legitimate" reason for people to say the things they've always wanted to say about black people in general has been provided. Granted, most aren't going to use the actual n-word; but they use the word "thug" in the same exact context that the n-word would have otherwise been used in.

Remember 20+ Years? He liked to call Obama a "thug" a lot. Yeah, a man who wears a suit everyday (and it's not even Stacy Adams or Steve Harvey Collection) that has a JD in Constitutional Law from Harvard... a "thug?" Yeah, he was clearly referring to something other than gang activity or robbing stores at gunpoint.

garhkal
05-19-2015, 09:46 PM
My pleasure...

With the 'cries' i have heard to label those using the term Thug, to describe the black youths who were rampaging across Baltimore and Fergusun as racist, it does seem like they are trying to make it just like the N word.

As for me, one thing i have often wondered. Since practically ALL gangs are known to be involved in the drug trade, robberies, sex trafficing etc, basically ALL things criminal. Why the heck can't the police round up all gang members and charge them, even if they themselves don't do the crime, with aiding and abeting or being an accessory?

Mjölnir
05-19-2015, 09:58 PM
I don't know if the term 'thug' in and of itself is racist; but it seems that some are wanting to characterize it that way.

The recent issues with the word 'thug' is reminding me of another word that people got upset about a few years ago: niggard(ly) which actually means cheap or stingy -- the etymology of the word is completely separate -- actually from old Norse ;) -- from negro or n**g*r, but there was a string of incidents of people getting offended because it sounded like a racial slur but in reality the offended party didn't know what it meant.

sandsjames
05-19-2015, 10:11 PM
I don't know if the term 'thug' in and of itself is racist; but it seems that some are wanting to characterize it that way.

I agree with this...I've seen it on my Facebook page several times...it's not a racist term but it's being used in a racist way.

Rusty Jones
05-19-2015, 10:14 PM

The recent issues with the word 'thug' is reminding me of another word that people got upset about a few years ago: niggard(ly) which actually means cheap or stingy -- the etymology of the word is completely separate -- actually from old Norse ;) -- from negro or n**g*r, but there was a string of incidents of people getting offended because it sounded like a racial slur but in reality the offended party didn't know what it meant.

I don't think it's a matter of not knowing what "niggard" means; I think that it can definitely be used in a "slick" manner. If being born out of wedlock was still something that society looked down on and the use of the word "bastard" was taboo; I could see the word "dastard" being used in a similar way.

Mjölnir
05-19-2015, 10:16 PM
I don't think it's a matter of not knowing what "niggard" means; I think that it can definitely be used in a "slick" manner. If being born out of wedlock was still something that society looked down on and the use of the word "bastard" was taboo; I could see the word "dastard" being used in a similar way.

I can see that (using the word slickly or slyly), from what I remember about most of the incidents that made the news, the offended didn't know what it meant, just that it sounded 'like' a slur.

TJMAC77SP
05-19-2015, 10:38 PM
"Thug" was never a "badge of honor," it was simply just a word that was used to describe those who lived that life. The problem, of course, came years later in the age of social media. It becomes plain to see that when there's a mug shot of a black person in your facebook feed from a local news channel; that a "legitimate" reason for people to say the things they've always wanted to say about black people in general has been provided. Granted, most aren't going to use the actual n-word; but they use the word "thug" in the same exact context that the n-word would have otherwise been used in.

Remember 20+ Years? He liked to call Obama a "thug" a lot. Yeah, a man who wears a suit everyday (and it's not even Stacy Adams or Steve Harvey Collection) that has a JD in Constitutional Law from Harvard... a "thug?" Yeah, he was clearly referring to something other than gang activity or robbing stores at gunpoint.

Who liked to call Obama a thug? I was confused by that.

Also, a minor note. I think a JD degree (Juris Doctor) stands on it's own. Obama was an adjunct professor in Constitutional Law but I don't think his degree is actually in that.

TJMAC77SP
05-19-2015, 10:39 PM
I agree with this...I've seen it on my Facebook page several times...it's not a racist term but it's being used in a racist way.

It certainly has been but not every use of the word is racist. Nor does use of the word make one a racist.

waveshaper2
05-19-2015, 10:39 PM
Biker Gangs, the real story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

sandsjames
05-19-2015, 11:14 PM
It certainly has been but not every use of the word is racist. Nor does use of the word make one a racist.
I agree with you on this. Any word is racist if used for that purpose..

garhkal
05-20-2015, 06:09 AM

What classifies it as being in a "racist way"?

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 12:28 PM
What classifies it as being in a "racist way"?The intent behind it. Same as any word. If you really want an example, here's a very simple one:

The word "monkey". Not a racist word at all. However, it's very commonly used in a racist way.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 12:52 PM
Apparently, Sandy Rios thinks that police shouldn't be fighting biker gangs and that they should retrain and form alliances with them to fight against the "real" enemy; i.e., drug cartels (she means Mexicans) and Islamists.

And before anyone takes issue with me saying "she means Mexicans," consider the fact that one percenter motocycle clubs are known for manufacturing and distributing coke and meth; the gangs involved in this particular incident being no exception.

And she wants them to fight against "drug cartels."

I wonder if she would say the same for the Crips and the Bloods.

waveshaper2
05-20-2015, 01:17 PM
What classifies it as being in a "racist way"?
My go to source on what folks consider racist terms "today" is the Urban Dictionary. I would recommend not using thug/goon/hooligan/hood/hoodlum/punk/ruffian/monkey/etc when describing criminal actions/activities (looting/robbing/burning/rioting/etc) of certain minorities. A couple, race neutral, terms that might be more appropriate to use when describing these individuals/groups bad behavior would be evil-doers, scofflaws, or transgressors.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 01:19 PM
Apparently, Sandy Rios thinks that police shouldn't be fighting biker gangs and that they should retrain and form alliances with them to fight against the "real" enemy; i.e., drug cartels (she means Mexicans) and Islamists.

And before anyone takes issue with me saying "she means Mexicans," consider the fact that one percenter motocycle clubs are known for manufacturing and distributing coke and meth; the gangs involved in this particular incident being no exception.

Considering that the largest drug cartels are currently of Mexican origin there is no question regarding what she meant. I don't think she was being clever. Aside from the silliness of her suggestion I am assuming you are (per SOP) painting her as a racist of some sort. She may be since I have never heard of her but a simple Google search revealed her to be a conservative and a Fox News contributor so I guess that's all the CV she needs to earn that label.

I really didn't get the crips and bloods reference. Why would she suggest that? I understand that you were trying desperately to reinforce labeling her as racist by citing two predominantly black criminal gangs but I missed the connection.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 01:30 PM
Considering that the largest drug cartels are currently of Mexican origin there is no question regarding what she meant. I don't think she was being clever. Aside from the silliness of her suggestion I am assuming you are (per SOP) painting her as a racist of some sort. She may be since I have never heard of her but a simple Google search revealed her to be a conservative and a Fox News contributor so I guess that's all the CV she needs to earn that label.

Read what I said about the biker gangs. She's clearly ignorant of the fact that outlaw biker gangs are drug cartels themselves. Why would that be? Even if she was fully aware that they make and sell illegal drugs, her suggestion that they fight against "drug cartels" would be very telling.

I really didn't get the crips and bloods reference. Why would she suggest that? I understand that you were trying desperately to reinforce labeling her as racist by citing two predominantly black criminal gangs but I missed the connection.

Why would she suggest that the Bandidos and the Cossacks fight against the drug cartels? Clearly, she sees them like Luke sees Darth Vader - she "sees the good in them." My question is this: do you think she views the Crips and the Bloods the same way?

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 01:52 PM

I don't know who she is, but she sounds like an idiot.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Read what I said about the biker gangs. She's clearly ignorant of the fact that outlaw biker gangs are drug cartels themselves. Why would that be? Even if she was fully aware that they make and sell illegal drugs, her suggestion that they fight against "drug cartels" would be very telling.

Why would she suggest that the Bandidos and the Cossacks fight against the drug cartels? Clearly, she sees them like Luke sees Darth Vader - she "sees the good in them." My question is this: do you think she views the Crips and the Bloods the same way?

I said her idea is silly (more like idiotic) but I have no idea if she views the crips and bloods in the same manner. Frankly, neither do you. More importantly, it is completely irrelevant. Well, irrelevant except for your attempt to turn the shootings in Texas into a racial issue which is of equal idiocy.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 02:39 PM
I said her idea is silly (more like idiotic) but I have no idea if she views the crips and bloods in the same manner. Frankly, neither do you. More importantly, it is completely irrelevant. Well, irrelevant except for your attempt to turn the shootings in Texas into a racial issue which is of equal idiocy.

Of course I have an idea. She's a conservative Fox News contributor.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Of course I have an idea. She's a conservative Fox News contributor.

I already cited that as her 'sin' in your mind. Exactly how does that respond to my post? If you are going to quote it at least try to keep the reply on track.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 02:54 PM
I already cited that as her 'sin' in your mind. Exactly how does that respond to my post? If you are going to quote it at least try to keep the reply on track.

She's a racist. That's all there is to it, bud.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 02:57 PM
She's a racist. That's all there is to it, bud.How so?....I don't know if she is or isn't...is there evidence she's racist?

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 03:02 PM
If you can't already see it, I can't make you.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 03:51 PM

So...two instances that share some similarities but aren't exactly the same...you have differing views about? It's almost like a flag stomping and an art exhibit. Sounds hypocritical to me.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 03:53 PM
If you can't already see it, I can't make you.

It was an honest question. Your response reminds me of the ever helpful "It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand."

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:00 PM
It was an honest question. Your response reminds me of the ever helpful "It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand."

The reason I said this is because it's plain as day: she wants these white criminals to assist the police in taking down the brown criminals.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:21 PM
So...two instances that share some similarities but aren't exactly the same...you have differing views about? It's almost like a flag stomping and an art exhibit. Sounds hypocritical to me.

Sorry SJ, not seeing the tie in. I realize the motivation is being upset over the Garland shooting thread but I am not seeing your point here. Well, not the point really because as I said I actually see that. What I don't get is the logic of your post.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:22 PM
The reason I said this is because it's plain as day: she wants these white criminals to assist the police in taking down the brown criminals.

Not so 'plain as day' You on the other hand are completely transparent.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Sorry SJ, not seeing the tie in. I realize the motivation is being upset over the Garland shooting thread but I am not seeing your point here. Well, not the point really because as I said I actually see that. What I don't get is the logic of your post.

Black gang members and criminals loot and you complain about it. White gang members and criminals do the same thing and you have a different response.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Not so 'plain as day' You on the other hand are completely transparent.

No, your dumb ass just doesn't know something simple when you see it.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 04:31 PM

That is one way of looking at it...if we are going to stereotype the cartels as all "brown". Different points of view, I suppose.

I don't think she's racist based on her statements, I just think she's a freakin' idiot wanting any criminal enterprise to catch other criminal enterprises.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:35 PM
No, your dumb ass just doesn't know something simple when you see it.

Awwwww you mad bro?

BTW: Not that it probably matters to you but use some of your Google time today to look at the demographics of those arrested. You might want to modify (but I realize you won't) your classification of this incident as being involving 'white criminals'. Seems reality has a little more color to it.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Black gang members and criminals loot and you complain about it. White gang members and criminals do the same thing and you have a different response.

Ok sorry, where did I complain about one and not the other?

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:37 PM
Awwwww you mad bro?

BTW: Not that it probably matters to you but use some of your Google time today to look at the demographics of those arrested. You might want to modify (but I realize you won't) your classification of this incident as being involving 'white criminals'. Seems reality has a little more color to it.

Nope, you're just dumb.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:39 PM
Nope, you're just dumb.

That your final answer?

If so, sorry you are off the show.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Ok sorry, where did I complain about one and not the other?Maybe "complain" was the wrong term. You didn't show the same "outrage" with this as you did with the Baltimore riots. Your outrage level should be the same or you're a hypocrite.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:43 PM
That is one way of looking at it...if we are going to stereotype the cartels as all "brown". Different points of view, I suppose.

Is that not what she did? She wants the Bandidos and Cossacks to fight "drug cartels," but there's just one problem: they're drug cartels themselves!

This means one of two things:

1. She doesn't know or suspect that these white guys are a drug cartel, or
2. she does know, but is willing to overlook it in their case.

Odd, isn't it?

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:43 PM
That your final answer?

If so, sorry you are off the show.

Whatever you say, dumbass.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Maybe "complain" was the wrong term. You didn't show the same "outrage" with this as you did with the Baltimore riots. Your outrage level should be the same or you're a hypocrite.

SJ, you are trying way to hard in an attempt to........well I don't really know what......the only thing I can think of is to regain some credibility after the Garland shooting thread.

Please show my 'outrage' expressed over the Baltimore riots. As usual any outrage I had was over Rusty's oh-so-obvious racism and hypocrisy.

Don't get me wrong, I think the riots were a travesty as is the gang warfare in Waco but that isn't really the point is it?

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:49 PM
SJ, you are trying way to hard in an attempt to........well I don't really know what......the only thing I can think of is to regain some credibility after the Garland shooting thread.

Please show my 'outrage' expressed over the Baltimore riots. As usual any outrage I had was over Rusty's oh-so-obvious racism and hypocrisy.

Don't get me wrong, I think the riots were a travesty as is the gang warfare in Waco but that isn't really the point is it?

Nope, you're racist. And SJ pointed it out.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Whatever you say, dumbass.

Name calling. Typical. I guess I'm done here.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Is that not what she did? She wants the Bandidos and Cossacks to fight "drug cartels," but there's just one problem: they're drug cartels themselves!

Odd, isn't it?

The whole thing is odd, and I'm not saying that she isn't racist. I just think that it's not the only explanation for her stupidity.

Maybe she thinks they should fight them because then it wouldn't matter if everybody got killed. I just find it hard to immediately make the leap to the race issue. Of course, we have two entirely different perspectives to view this from.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Nope, you're racist. And SJ pointed it out.

Really, I thought he said I was a hypocrite. You realize those are two separate words with entirely different meanings right?

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Name calling. Typical. I guess I'm done here.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Really, I thought he said I was a hypocrite. You realize those are two separate words with entirely different meanings right?

Hypocrisy based on racism. DUH!

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:53 PM
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

You misunderstood. I am not going anywhere. You have demonstrated your complete lack of integrity and credibility again and obviously have nothing else to say, thus I guess I am done here.

You really are a 'bring a knife to a gun fight' kinda guy aren't you?

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Hypocrisy based on racism. DUH!

Now you are just being silly. A little effort please.

((see my comment above))

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 04:56 PM

Don't get me wrong, I think the riots were a travesty as is the gang warfare in Waco but that isn't really the point is it?Here's a statement of yours from the Baltimore thread

The rioters are trash.
Yet you haven't made a similar statement about the bikers. Why not? Seems hypocritical.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Now you are just being silly. A little effort please.

((see my comment above))

Aren't you supposed to be "done" here? Run along, man!

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 04:59 PM
The whole thing is odd, and I'm not saying that she isn't racist. I just think that it's not the only explanation for her stupidity.

Maybe she thinks they should fight them because then it wouldn't matter if everybody got killed. I just find it hard to immediately make the leap to the race issue. Of course, we have two entirely different perspectives to view this from.

What rules this out is the fact that she said they should fight on the same side as police against the other groups.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 04:59 PM

Maybe it has nothing to do with that. Maybe you support bikers. I don't know what your allegiance is, but you made your feelings clear about the rioters and have not done so about the bikers. All you've said is that the incident itself is a "tragedy".

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 05:02 PM
What rules this out is the fact that she said they should fight on the same side as police against the other groups.

True. Again, I'm not saying that she's not racist. I'd love to hear an explanation from her on why she feels this way.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Maybe it has nothing to do with that. Maybe you support bikers. I don't know what your allegiance is, but you made your feelings clear about the rioters and have not done so about the bikers. All you've said is that the incident itself is a "tragedy".

Well, for the sake of clarity let's look at my entire post you cited.....................

So again no real or direct answer. Ok.

Actually he made the opposite of a good point. His point boils down to "telling people not to riot, loot and burn is a subtle way to keep the black population quiet" That is unadulterated bullshit. The rioters are trash. Separate from the protesters. Perhaps if Coates had made that point his editorial would have at least made sense.

He cites that " ...everyone I knew who lived in that world regarded the police not with admiration and respect but with fear and caution."

He doesn't tell you that the majority or Baltimore Police officers are black (54%), while the percentage of white officers (46%) is higher than the actual white population of Baltimore (30%) the fact remains that math alone tells us that if there is a violence problem within the BPD against the hugely black population of West Baltimore it is not a simple white officer vs. black citizen problem. It also seems to ignore that West Baltimore still suffers from a huge violent crime rate. Where there is crime there is where the police are. Again, simple math.

While I am not sure what happened to Mr. Gray I think it is a fair assumption that he sustained his life-ending injuries during the ride in the van and that very possible the ride was purposefully rough. If so, this is potentially criminal behavior but to characterize this as something that only blacks arrested for crimes in Baltimore experience is utter bullshit and promotes a racist agenda. Ironic isn't it?

Obviously my 'outrage' as you put it was not focused on the rioters...........who are trash btw.

I am saddened by your attempt to somehow tie these two threads together at the expense of your integrity. You know full well that my comments in the Garland shooting thread were merely an observation that the default stance of blaming the organizers of the cartoon contest seemed odd when no such blame was associated with the flag protesters in Valdosta, GA.

If is makes you feel any better, biker gangs are trash as well. Of course we both know that is not your motivation here and as I said, that saddens me.

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 05:13 PM
If is makes you feel any better, biker gangs are trash as well. Of course we both know that is not your motivation here and as I said, that saddens me.

Even without you saying it, I am able to infer that you don't think highly of them.

Even though you didn't make that specific point, I'm smart enough to realize that it wasn't necessary for you to point out the fact that the bikers were trash because that wasn't the focus of your argument.

That's the point I'm making.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 05:26 PM
Even without you saying it, I am able to infer that you don't think highly of them.

Even though you didn't make that specific point, I'm smart enough to realize that it wasn't necessary for you to point out the fact that the bikers were trash because that wasn't the focus of your argument.

That's the point I'm making.

Ok, you lost me again. Tell me how this relates to the discussion of a week ago about the Garland shooting?

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Ok, you lost me again. Tell me how this relates to the discussion of a week ago about the Garland shooting?Ok...one more attempt.

You called me out for not responding the same way to the flag stomping and protest as I did to the Garland shooting. Even though the conversation about the flag stomping had a completely different focus than the one about Garland you called me a hypocrite for not making the same argument in the two different threads.

That is exactly what's happening here, with you. Criminals doing stupid shit in Baltimore...criminals doing stupid shit in Texas. You call the ones in Baltimore "trash" but don't make a similar statement about the one's in Texas.

There's the explanation...you can continue to pretend you don't see it...but you we both know you do.

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Ok...one more attempt.

You called me out for not responding the same way to the flag stomping and protest as I did to the Garland shooting. Even though the conversation about the flag stomping had a completely different focus than the one about Garland you called me a hypocrite for not making the same argument in the two different threads.

That is exactly what's happening here, with you. Criminals doing stupid shit in Baltimore...criminals doing stupid shit in Texas. You call the ones in Baltimore "trash" but don't make a similar statement about the one's in Texas.

There's the explanation...you can continue to pretend you don't see it...but you we both know you do.

Well, you also have to take into consideration that if one person makes exceptions for these bikers like Rios does; there's likely many more people who do. Not saying that I think TJ is one of them, but the double standard IS out there.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Ok...one more attempt.

Actually there is an explanation and I do see it.....as you do. It isn't the one you are alluding to but there is an explanation. You are again making an argument that only you are participating in. You ignored this last week and you seem to be doing that now. I have no doubt that you don't agree with the flag protesters but we never mentioned them or their motivation. Simple as that.

Let's clear up a few facts.

I did not name you alone when pointing out what I thought was an odd difference between the two threads. Many of US never commented about the share of blame the flag protesters own but that one (if not THE) first thing pointed out with regard to the Garland shootings was the blame the organizer owned because she (and they) should have known there would be such a reaction. The assertion (and a logical one) is that she understood this and welcomed it. The same can be said about a protest in a small Georgia town, home to a major AF installation, where people are invited to stomp on the US Flag. Surely they could reasonably expect negative reaction, possibly violent. Certainly not at the level of Muslims who feel that Muhammad has been insulted but violence is violence.

I felt and still feel there is a certain level of hypocrisy in the difference in the reaction and no matter how many very tenuous links you make between this thread and the Baltimore riot thread and any other threads in the future, that fact will remain.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Well, you also have to take into consideration that if one person makes exceptions for these bikers like Rios does; there's likely many more people who do. Not saying that I think TJ is one of them, but the double standard IS out there.

Good God the Marc Antony approach. Something original please

Rusty Jones
05-20-2015, 06:48 PM
Good God the Marc Antony approach. Something original please

Whatever happened to you being "done?" Is that no longer the case? What's keeping you around? You think I'm cute or something? Tell you what, sweetheart, why don't I inbox you my phone number?

sandsjames
05-20-2015, 06:51 PM
I felt and still feel there is a certain level of hypocrisy in the difference in the reaction and no matter how many very tenuous links you make between this thread and the Baltimore riot thread and any other threads in the future, that fact will remain.As I do with you in this thread and the Baltimore thread.

garhkal
05-20-2015, 07:44 PM
My go to source on what folks consider racist terms "today" is the Urban Dictionary. I would recommend not using thug/goon/hooligan/hood/hoodlum/punk/ruffian/monkey/etc when describing criminal actions/activities (looting/robbing/burning/rioting/etc) of certain minorities. A couple, race neutral, terms that might be more appropriate to use when describing these individuals/groups bad behavior would be evil-doers, scofflaws, or transgressors.

Egads. That is a lot of words some thin skin person feels is racist.

Odd, isn't it?

I have heard some mention similar before. Which i personally find dumb as hell

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 08:38 PM
Whatever happened to you being "done?" Is that no longer the case? What's keeping you around? You think I'm cute or something? Tell you what, sweetheart, why don't I inbox you my phone number?

And there is the homoerotic taunt. Couldn't help yourself could you? We used to have a therapist on the MTF. She probably could have told you a few things about this compulsion of yours.

TJMAC77SP
05-20-2015, 08:39 PM
As I do with you in this thread and the Baltimore thread.

Ok....................

MikeKerriii
05-22-2015, 05:26 AM

If they fought against drug cartels they would be shooting themselves