PDA

View Full Version : Whiny little b*****s

sandsjames
05-07-2015, 06:23 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2456824-cleveland-cavaliers-time-of-my-life-video-skit-draws-criticism

Are you kiddin' me with this bitching?

I'm sure it would have been alright if it was the wife dropping the husband.

Bos Mutus
05-07-2015, 06:36 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2456824-cleveland-cavaliers-time-of-my-life-video-skit-draws-criticism

I like the NASCAR one where the girl in the Jeff Gordon shirt opens the door for her date...see's he is wearing a Brad Keselowski shirt and slams the door.

I don't have data or studies and didn't look it up...but, IME, wives beating on husbands is far more prevalent than husbands on wives.

Rollyn01
05-07-2015, 07:45 PM

I wasn't laughing at the fact that he dropped her, but at the reason he dropped her. I think some people look for reasons to be mad. If fans really want to be mad about domestic violence, they would be mad at the players who are know to actually beat their s/o and boycott those games entirely not a commercial.

garhkal
05-07-2015, 08:49 PM

From personal experience, it does seem like both society and the law is more willing to overlook violence against spouses when it is the wife (or gf/fiance) beating on the husband/bf etc. But gets all bent out of shape when it is the other way.
Heck look at how many organizations we have out there that help women victims of domestic violence compare to what few there exist for male victims, when there are studies showing that women beat their partners as often if not more than men beat their spouses.
Combined with women do more than just beat up their spouses that would qualify as being domestic abuse based on current laws for what qualifies.

Mjölnir
05-08-2015, 02:48 AM
From personal experience, it does seem like both society and the law is more willing to overlook violence against spouses when it is the wife (or gf/fiance) beating on the husband/bf etc. But gets all bent out of shape when it is the other way.

That is probably a reflection of what is seen as the 'traditional' roles of men and women in our society, men as the 'protector' and women as the 'protected'.

Also, I would think that part of that may be the perception (right or wrong) that a man getting physical with a woman is more of a lopsided 'fight' than a woman getting physical with a man. Granted, I would not want to get into a fight with Ronda Rousey, but she is not really the 'average' female.

garhkal
05-08-2015, 05:44 AM
That is probably a reflection of what is seen as the 'traditional' roles of men and women in our society, men as the 'protector' and women as the 'protected'.

Also, I would think that part of that may be the perception (right or wrong) that a man getting physical with a woman is more of a lopsided 'fight' than a woman getting physical with a man. Granted, I would not want to get into a fight with Ronda Rousey, but she is not really the 'average' female.

That is part of it. A man can be more physical and injure women easier. BUT i really hate it when those in charge seem to think men can't (or arn't) victims of domestic abuse or sexual assault.

Mjölnir
05-08-2015, 05:50 AM
That is part of it. A man can be more physical and injure women easier. BUT i really hate it when those in charge seem to think men can't (or arn't) victims of domestic abuse or sexual assault.

I have only known one 'leader' who probably thought that way -- I don't know for sure but he just came across like that. For the military, men are more likely to be the perpetrator (at least last time I paid attention to statistics which was late 2013.) Which is where my (& I am guessing your) exposure to addressing the issue is from. But even going back to when I first came in it was being acknowledged that men are victims of domestic abuse & sexual assault.

I have seen some numbers from CDC that say more men report being victims of domestic assault, fewer report being victims of sexual assault. The projection (speculation) did say that women are more likely to not report domestic abuse ... so the truth may vary from the numbers reported. Either way, the act is heinous.