PDA

View Full Version : At a crossroads

sandsjames
05-01-2015, 03:53 PM
The wife and I are trying to decide our future. Here's a brief history:

When I retired from active duty while stationed in California (where I'm from), we decided to return to Texas for a couple years in order to fix up the house we bought while stationed here, in order to put it up for sale.

Shortly after arriving here, an instructor job opened up at the schoolhouse I was stationed at during AD. It's a job I really loved doing so I applied and got hired.

Here's the issue. We want to be closer to family. We don't really care for Texas as far as the weather and the scenery goes, though the people are great.

So we are trying to decide as to whether I give up the job and move closer to family or whether we stay here permanently, further away from family and in an area we don't really like, but doing something I love to do.

We can survive just fine financially without the job, though we are becoming quite accustomed to our lifestyle.

Do I keep the job I have, that I really enjoy doing, and maintain the lifestyle we have or do I give it up in order to be around family in a location we really love?

I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer and it would obviously be different reasoning for everyone. Just curious as to your thoughts.

I guess the ultimate question is "what makes me happier, my family or teaching?" And that's really what I'm trying to figure out.

raider8169
05-01-2015, 05:09 PM
You nailed it on the head with your own question. Keep in mind it is not just you. You can always continue to teach in California though it may not be the same stuff you enjoy teaching.

How important is family to you and your family? Rate that against teaching and your lifestyle. Pro and Cons lists are useful but they don't always weight the importance of something to you. What I like to do is make those lists and put a value between 1-10 or something with 10 being the most important value on the list. Than, add up the sides.

Its a tough choice because you are going to head into the unknown. Do you risk what you have for what you could have?

Also, tell your family to move to Texas, problem solved.

sandsjames
05-01-2015, 05:26 PM
You nailed it on the head with your own question. Keep in mind it is not just you. You can always continue to teach in California though it may not be the same stuff you enjoy teaching.

How important is family to you and your family? Rate that against teaching and your lifestyle. Pro and Cons lists are useful but they don't always weight the importance of something to you. What I like to do is make those lists and put a value between 1-10 or something with 10 being the most important value on the list. Than, add up the sides.

Its a tough choice because you are going to head into the unknown. Do you risk what you have for what you could have?

Also, tell your family to move to Texas, problem solved.

It's teaching at an Air Force tech school (so, instructing, technically). I don't actually have a teaching degree.

I like that part about telling my family to move to Texas...lol...good stuff. They are lifetime Californian liberals living in the mountains with 4 seasons and scenery. Suggest to them that they move to one of the most conservative states to live in grueling heat and dusty air...yeah...they'll be right on that.

What's hard when factoring in family (parents) is that we also realize they aren't going to be around for ever so if we move closer to be around them then, when they are gone, what do we have (other than living in a beautiful area).

Stalwart
05-01-2015, 06:32 PM
The wife and I are trying to decide our future. Here's a brief history:

When I retired from active duty while stationed in California (where I'm from), we decided to return to Texas for a couple years in order to fix up the house we bought while stationed here, in order to put it up for sale.

Shortly after arriving here, an instructor job opened up at the schoolhouse I was stationed at during AD. It's a job I really loved doing so I applied and got hired.

Here's the issue. We want to be closer to family. We don't really care for Texas as far as the weather and the scenery goes, though the people are great.

So we are trying to decide as to whether I give up the job and move closer to family or whether we stay here permanently, further away from family and in an area we don't really like, but doing something I love to do.

We can survive just fine financially without the job, though we are becoming quite accustomed to our lifestyle.

Do I keep the job I have, that I really enjoy doing, and maintain the lifestyle we have or do I give it up in order to be around family in a location we really love?

I don't know if there's a right or wrong answer and it would obviously be different reasoning for everyone. Just curious as to your thoughts.

I guess the ultimate question is "what makes me happier, my family or teaching?" And that's really what I'm trying to figure out.

My $.02:

-Do you plan on instructing forever?

I never really considered moving closer to my in-laws until we went out to NoCal recently and got to see my daughter playing with her cousins ... so now we are reconfiguring our long term plan to move out there when we retire.

Would you be happier in NoCal? That is probably an aggregate of things like: weather, cost of living, proximity to family, local social outlooks (HIPPIES!!!), work etc. Also, do you work so you can live, or live so you can work? Some people really love their work and wouldn't move anywhere ever because they love that job, some people are just looking for something to pay the bills. Neither is wrong, but it may be something you want to think about.

Depending on where in CA your family is from, you could get a job 'teaching'. My father in law is a tutor for older kids in public school (employed by the state) but has no formal degree. If you are interested PM me and I will try to gather up some info on how he got into that.

Bos Mutus
05-01-2015, 07:04 PM
My opinion:

There are a lot of jobs...you have only one family.

There are other things you can teach, other jobs that you will love...if you loved Texas and had great friends, etc. it might be different...but staying in a place you dislike away from the people you want to be with because you like your job? I wouldn't do that.

I think the job can be easily replaced with another that you'll like just as well.

Life is short.

sandsjames
05-01-2015, 07:17 PM
My $.02:

-Do you plan on instructing forever? That's the big question right now...I'll say it this way...I never planned on instructing forever but if there is a job I would want for the rest of my life it would be instructing in my career field. This is the only place to do that.

I never really considered moving closer to my in-laws until we went out to NoCal recently and got to see my daughter playing with her cousins ... so now we are reconfiguring our long term plan to move out there when we retire.

Would you be happier in NoCal? That is probably an aggregate of things like: weather, cost of living, proximity to family, local social outlooks (HIPPIES!!!), work etc. Also, do you work so you can live, or live so you can work? Some people really love their work and wouldn't move anywhere ever because they love that job, some people are just looking for something to pay the bills. Neither is wrong, but it may be something you want to think about.

Depending on where in CA your family is from, you could get a job 'teaching'. My father in law is a tutor for older kids in public school (employed by the state) but has no formal degree. If you are interested PM me and I will try to gather up some info on how he got into that. Northern California is where I'm the happiest, generally (though it's been a lot of years since I lived there). My family is in Northern California, in the Sierra Nevadas. Almost no jobs around there since they shut down most of the lumber mills. Pretty poor area with a high cost of living. Not a good combination. If only this job was available there...lol...that's life, I guess.

On a side note, it's actually one of the most conservative counties in California. 70% or something like that.

sandsjames
05-01-2015, 07:22 PM
My opinion:

There are a lot of jobs...you have only one family. I agree with this completely. As I mentioned, they won't be around forever. What this means is 2 things...1) I should spend as much time with them as possible because that's what's important...2)I have to think about my life after they are gone as well.

There are other things you can teach, other jobs that you will love...if you loved Texas and had great friends, etc. it might be different...but staying in a place you dislike away from the people you want to be with because you like your job? I wouldn't do that. Very true.

I think the job can be easily replaced with another that you'll like just as well.

Life is short.Indeed it is.

I think a lot of my problem is that I'm not a person that likes new things. I'm comfortable here and changing that is pretty damn scary.

Luckily there is no hurry for my wife and I to make this decision. The only reason we are really discussing it is that we know we are both procrastinators and if we don't make a decision, set a goal one way or the other, then we'll still be in the same position 25 years from now.

So we've decided that we need to make the choice now so we can start planning, one way or another, our next step.

Let me just point out that this isn't a money issue whatsoever. I don't like the job because it pays well. It's just a bonus. So the money part of the job isn't a factor.

Bos Mutus
05-01-2015, 07:54 PM
I agree with this completely. As I mentioned, they won't be around forever. What this means is 2 things...1) I should spend as much time with them as possible because that's what's important...2)I have to think about my life after they are gone as well.

Very true.

A little of both, perhaps, but didn't sound like you particularly like Texas anyway, so...

Indeed it is.

I think a lot of my problem is that I'm not a person that likes new things. I'm comfortable here and changing that is pretty damn scary.

Luckily there is no hurry for my wife and I to make this decision. The only reason we are really discussing it is that we know we are both procrastinators and if we don't make a decision, set a goal one way or the other, then we'll still be in the same position 25 years from now.

So we've decided that we need to make the choice now so we can start planning, one way or another, our next step.

Let me just point out that this isn't a money issue whatsoever. I don't like the job because it pays well. It's just a bonus. So the money part of the job isn't a factor.

Of course it's a decision only you can make...maybe send out feeler resumes and look for what's around there for vo-tech type schools, community centers that teach classes, private schools can often hire uncredentialed teachers...you could probably do something like small engine repair shop class...and, of course, check usajobs for transfers...maybe there is other stuff around there navy or army, forest service, etc.? Might sound crazy, but the prisons hire instructors a lot, and that can be federal civil service as well...I know a couple guys that work at one here and they enjoy it. One guy is an HVAC tech/supervisor, so he basically oversees a crew of prisioners that do all the work, and he trains them as needed. Ours is a low security "camp" type environment though...we even have the inmates running around on base doing yardwork unsupervised, so they're low threat.

Oh..and last thing, don't think you have to right in town with them either...you can seek within a radius of 2-3 hours from them and still be a nice distance that allows you to get together regularly.

sandsjames
05-01-2015, 08:01 PM
A little of both, perhaps, but didn't sound like you particularly like Texas anyway, so...

Of course it's a decision only you can make...maybe send out feeler resumes and look for what's around there for vo-tech type schools, community centers that teach classes, private schools can often hire uncredentialed teachers...you could probably do something like small engine repair shop class...and, of course, check usajobs for transfers...maybe there is other stuff around there navy or army, forest service, etc.? Might sound crazy, but the prisons hire instructors a lot, and that can be federal civil service as well...I know a couple guys that work at one here and they enjoy it. One guy is an HVAC tech/supervisor, so he basically oversees a crew of prisioners that do all the work, and he trains them as needed. Ours is a low security "camp" type environment though...we even have the inmates running around on base doing yardwork unsupervised, so they're low threat.

Yeah, there are tons of Forest Service jobs in that area, though I'm not even sure if I would worry about a job right away, so that's not really a factor in the decision.

I think we already know what we really want to do, it's just having the balls to do it.

Bos Mutus
05-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Yeah, there are tons of Forest Service jobs in that area,.

Here too...from what I've seen of them, the Forest Service is a million times more conservative on civilian grades than the DOD...so their jobs seem rather low paying

BENDER56
05-04-2015, 12:28 AM
...maybe send out feeler resumes and look for what's around there for vo-tech type schools, ...

SJ,

I decided not to work after I retired (so far, so good) but, as a former tech-training instructor myself, just out of curiosity I looked into adult voc-ed schools that taught courses related to my original AFS. Most of them were, "degree preferred," not, "degree required." I'm betting with all of your tech-training and on-the-job experience you could get a teaching job at one of those type of schools if you looked ... unless your AFS was something like weapons loading -- not much call for that in the civilian sector. Yet.

FWIW, I've lived in both No-Cal and Tejas. It would have to be one helluva job to make me choose the flat, brown, dusty plains over the rivers, hills, lakes, the Miur Woods, Yosemite, skiing, mountain biking, white-water rafting, wine country, Old Sac, tubing on the American River, Frisco, Lake Tahoe, etc., etc. But, it's your decision, not mine. I wish you the best in whatever you choose.

LogDog
05-04-2015, 01:06 AM
I'd have to say you have to look at a number of factors. Here are a couple I can think of off the top of my head.

1. What type of schools are there in Northern California compared to Texas or other parts of Northern California available for your daughter?

2. If you move and don't get another job, what type of activities are there there to fill you free time?

3. What type of medical facilities are available and how good are they?

4. If some or all of your relatives in that area leave, what's left there to hold you there?

5.If you move and buy a house then change your mind after a couple of years, would it be easy to find a buyer?

6. How far away would you be from a mid-size city like Sacramento?

I think you're going through a lot of the same things those preparing to retirement are going through.

sandsjames
05-04-2015, 12:26 PM
After much, much, much discussion we've made a decision. On May 1st of 2017 we will put our house up for sale. On May 1st of 2018 we will be moving back to Northern California. The timeframe gives us enough time to be completely debt free (credit cards, car payments paid off). We're going to sell everything we have in the house (furniture) and only take the personal stuff we don't want to get rid of.

Once back in California, we can stay with family for a couple months while looking for a good place to live, without having to rush.

It's a big decision and pretty damn scary to know we're going to be completely starting over but now that we've set our goals and made the plan we are pretty excited. Now I feel like I did when I was active just waiting for my next PCS.

We know that's where we want to be and that's more important than anything else we weighed it against. We'll have grandkids someday and being halfway across the country just isn't going to work for us.

Thanks for all the comments and inputs.

UncaRastus
05-04-2015, 01:17 PM
I am not sure what the prevailing prices of housing in northern California is, but when I moved from southern California to the midwest, the cost of housing plummeted. Maybe you might want to check that out before you move, SJ.

sandsjames
05-04-2015, 01:55 PM
I am not sure what the prevailing prices of housing in northern California is, but when I moved from southern California to the midwest, the cost of housing plummeted. Maybe you might want to check that out before you move, SJ.

Cost isn't the issue. Housing is definitely more affordable in Texas than Cali but it's not too bad where we'll be living. We can rent for awhile until we find something to buy. With 3 incomes and no debt we'll be just fine. As I said before, this decision has nothing to do with money.

Plus, we've still got 3 years to worry about that. Checking home prices now is pointless.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
05-04-2015, 07:21 PM
You can live where you want (family) and look for work there, or go where the jobs are (instructor)....or go where the jobs are near an airport that has cheap flights to where you want to go. I live in Vegas (where I want), but flying to family in other states is pretty affordable...at least from here.

By the way, being in a position where you don't have to work definitely leaves you with many options! I'm now at the point where my total cost of living is less than half of my retirement. NO debt!

Rainmaker
05-04-2015, 08:14 PM
You made the right choice SJ. You really do belong out in Commie-forn-i.a. (with the rest of those brain dead hippie Granola chicks). NomSayin?

sandsjames
05-04-2015, 08:14 PM
By the way, being in a position where you don't have to work definitely leaves you with many options! I'm now at the point where my total cost of living is less than half of my retirement. NO debt!I will be there soon.

sandsjames
05-04-2015, 08:15 PM
You made the right choice SJ. You really do belong out in Commie-forn-i.a. (with the rest of those brain dead hippie Granola chicks). NomSayin?

Yep, I know what you're sayin'. I always know what you're sayin'.

Rusty Jones
05-05-2015, 10:46 AM
If you can support a family with 20-year E6 retired pay in Cali, do it.

sandsjames
05-05-2015, 11:01 AM
If you can support a family with 20-year E6 retired pay in Cali, do it.Well, a 20 year E6 retirement, a 50% VA payment, and my wife's 20 year union pension. As I said, the money isn't an issue...though we will have to cut back our wasteful spending (a lot of it) that we currently do.

Rusty Jones
05-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Well, a 20 year E6 retirement, a 50% VA payment, and my wife's 20 year union pension. As I said, the money isn't an issue...though we will have to cut back our wasteful spending (a lot of it) that we currently do.

One thing I can say about Texas - at least San Antonio, anyway - is that there's very good living for dirt cheap. The best I've ever seen, actually. Are there cheaper places to live than in Texas? Sure. But you don't get anywhere near as much for the buck as you do in Texas. I'd move back in heartbeat if my wife didn't hate it so much there. Fuck, I could potentially make more money if I did move back - my equivalent job for the Air Force is located at Randolph, and promotes to GS-12. Whereas, I'm stuck at GS-11 for the Navy. My wife knows this, and still doesn't want to go back. Oh well...

sandsjames
05-05-2015, 12:20 PM
One thing I can say about Texas - at least San Antonio, anyway - is that there's very good living for dirt cheap. The best I've ever seen, actually. Are there cheaper places to live than in Texas? Sure. But you don't get anywhere near as much for the buck as you do in Texas. I'd move back in heartbeat if my wife didn't hate it so much there. Fuck, I could potentially make more money if I did move back - my equivalent job for the Air Force is located at Randolph, and promotes to GS-12. Whereas, I'm stuck at GS-11 for the Navy. My wife knows this, and still doesn't want to go back. Oh well...

It's dirt cheap for a reason. The landscape sucks and the weather sucks, at least in North Texas. If I want to see real mountains I have to drive 10 hours. I know some people love it. Just not my cup of tea.

What's funny is that I used to tell my dad how cheap things were here compared to where he lives. Turns out, though, there isn't a noticeable difference (unless you want to live in a city) when it comes to taxes, etc. Sure, there's no state tax, but I pay 2200 a year in property taxes on an 85,000 house in Texas. He pays $700 a year on a $150,000 house in California, so that more than takes care of the state tax problem.

Of course gas and food are much cheaper here but, overall, is it worth giving that up for living where I want? Absolutely.

Rainmaker
05-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Well, a 20 year E6 retirement, a 50% VA payment, and my wife's 20 year union pension. As I said, the money isn't an issue...though we will have to cut back our wasteful spending (a lot of it) that we currently do.

So, You've got 2 x pensions and a handicap welfare payment to boot??!! This explains a lot. Thinking like this always comes from some "Progressive" white dude sitting in some made up secure government created fictional "job" (that someone else is providing to them through taxes).

Now, that you've finally grown the set of balls needed to get off the dole and get a real job, The next step toward self determination is for you to finally start paying your "fair share" of taxes, I can't wait to see if you're able to do it so much better than the rest of us "privileged" white guys.

Rusty Jones
05-05-2015, 01:57 PM
So, You've got 2 x pensions and a handicap welfare payment to boot??!! This explains a lot. Thinking like this always comes from some "Progressive" white dude sitting in some made up secure government created fictional "job" (that someone else is providing to them through taxes).

Now, that you've finally grown the set of balls needed to get off the dole and get a real job, The next step toward self determination is for you to finally start paying your "fair share" of taxes, I can't wait to see if you're able to do it so much better than the rest of us "privileged" white guys.

I've said this many times in the past, but haven't recently... BUT... I used to be a "conservative" in my early years in the military. Voted for Bush in 2000 and everything. Of course, I put the word in parentheses, because like most young impressionable FNGs in the military, I jumped on the conservative bandwagon that the majority of military members jump on. I got off of it after I reenlisted.

Why?

First, because that's not who I really was. I jumped on a damn bandwagon for acceptance from every other tool in the military who did the same thing.

Second, what made me realize the first reason in the first place is because of the shit you're talking right now. Apparently, you're less of a person if you don't intentionally make things difficult for yourself. Conservatism, especially among people in the military, is all about fake ass bravado and machismo. A dick measuring contest. So much so, that getting payment from the VA is "welfare." SJ would be a more respectable person if he forwent the VA payment, and worked second job for an equivalent amount of money.

Hell, even working a government job somehow makes you less respectable.

Apparently, you ain't shit unless you rough it out in the private sector with shit benefits. Extra points if you turned down a government job to do it, and the government benefits to get what that private sector job doesn't provide.

sandsjames
05-05-2015, 01:58 PM

That's where you're wrong. I'm not going to get a real job. I'm staying on the dole as long as possible.

Rainmaker
05-05-2015, 02:01 PM
I've said this many times in the past, but haven't recently... BUT... I used to be a "conservative" in my early years in the military. Voted for Bush in 2000 and everything. Of course, I put the word in parentheses, because like most young impressionable FNGs in the military, I jumped on the conservative bandwagon that the majority of military members jump on. I got off of it after I reenlisted.

Why?

First, because that's not who I really was. I jumped on a damn bandwagon for acceptance from every other tool in the military who did the same thing.

Second, what made me realize the first reason in the first place is because of the shit you're talking right now. Apparently, you're less of a person if you don't intentionally make things difficult for yourself. Conservatism, especially among people in the military, is all about fake ass bravado and machismo. A dick measuring contest. So much so, that getting payment from the VA is "welfare." SJ would be a more respectable person if he forwent the VA payment, and worked second job for an equivalent amount of money.

Hell, even working a government job somehow makes you less respectable.

Apparently, you ain't shit unless you rough it out in the private sector with shit benefits. Extra points if you turned down a government job to do it, and the government benefits to get what that private sector job doesn't provide.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”

Rusty Jones
05-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”

A meaningless cliche that came from someone who made a personal judgement.

CYBERFX1024
05-05-2015, 02:21 PM
I know how you feel really. I am down here in SoCal and I love the weather and the scenery. I love being able to drive 45 minutes to the beach or 45 minutes to the mountains, it is just great. The only thing that I hate is the people really, the stupid stupid traffic, and the gas prices. I moved out here to California for work and quite frankly love what I do, but my family in NC are trying to get me and the family to move back. My father is getting older and I want my kids to spend time with my parents while my father is still here.

The only problem for me is I want to further my career in the Federal Government (I am currently a GS-11, USGS). I want to be able to possibly be stationed overseas as a civilian and let my kids experience the world. All the while not being shut up and exposed to NC stereotypes. So it is tough.

Rainmaker
05-05-2015, 02:23 PM

Oh look another one who still blames Regan..

TJMAC77SP
05-05-2015, 02:31 PM

Another gem I will be resurrecting in the future I am sure.

Is Churchill's quote anything like.............................

"Conservatism, especially among people in the military, is all about fake ass bravado and machismo. A dick measuring contest."

Rainmaker
05-05-2015, 02:38 PM
I know how you feel really. I am down here in SoCal and I love the weather and the scenery. I love being able to drive 45 minutes to the beach or 45 minutes to the mountains, it is just great. The only thing that I hate is the people really, the stupid stupid traffic, and the gas prices. I moved out here to California for work and quite frankly love what I do, but my family in NC are trying to get me and the family to move back. My father is getting older and I want my kids to spend time with my parents while my father is still here.

The only problem for me is I want to further my career in the Federal Government (I am currently a GS-11, USGS). I want to be able to possibly be stationed overseas as a civilian and let my kids experience the world. All the while not being shut up and exposed to NC stereotypes. So it is tough.

Just curious, What are the NC stereotypes that you'd like to shield your kids from? And are they any worse than the Stereotypical, SoCal Transgendered, Mexican-Asian Gang, Computer Nerd, Hippy Granola Girls, with the plastic titties and shallow personalities that you're exposing them to right now?

Rusty Jones
05-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Another gem I will be resurrecting in the future I am sure.

Is Churchill's quote anything like.............................

"Conservatism, especially among people in the military, is all about fake ass bravado and machismo. A dick measuring contest."

So far, Rainmaker has shown that to be the case. And what I said is not some overused cliché.

Mjölnir
05-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Offending posts removed, please stay close to the topic at hand.

sandsjames
05-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Offending posts (AND SANDSJAMES' POSTS) removed, please stay close to the topic at hand.

There, fixed it for you.

Mjölnir
05-05-2015, 05:39 PM
There, fixed it for you.

Pretty much everything from that point on ... yes.

sandsjames
05-05-2015, 06:50 PM
So, just to clarify, we will be moving back to California. I don't care about the cost. I don't care about the (perceived) political views. It's worth more to me to be close to my family...especially my father...who is the hardest working, gun owning, deer hunting, Obamacare using, family supporting, tree chopping, white, Christian, male, take me to the woodshed to whip my ass, bleeding heart conservative liberal I've ever known.

Mjölnir
05-05-2015, 06:52 PM
So, just to clarify, we will be moving back to California. I don't care about the cost. I don't care about the (perceived) political views. It's worth more to me to be close to my family...especially my father...who is the hardest working, gun owning, deer hunting, Obamacare using, family supporting, tree chopping, white, Christian, male, take me to the woodshed to whip my ass, bleeding heart conservative liberal I've ever known.

My in-laws live up in that general area. The politics may surprise folks not from there. One area can ber very liberal and a town 10 miles away very conservative.

We may be joining you in about 10 years ... neighbor.

sandsjames
05-05-2015, 07:08 PM
My in-laws live up in that general area. The politics may surprise folks not from there. One area can ber very liberal and a town 10 miles away very conservative.

We may be joining you in about 10 years ... neighbor.

The county they live in is about 70% conservative. It's kind of a strange place that way. Most are into the hunting, fishing, shooting, killing stuff, white Christians while, at the same time, there is a lot of welfare, a lot of hippies, etc. I guess it's a pretty socially conservative, financially liberal place.

Rainmaker
05-05-2015, 07:18 PM
The county they live in is about 70% conservative. It's kind of a strange place that way. Most are into the hunting, fishing, shooting, killing stuff, white Christians while, at the same time, there is a lot of welfare, a lot of hippies, etc. I guess it's a pretty socially conservative, financially liberal place.

Sounds much like a town called Paradise, California.

sandsjames
05-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Sounds much like a town called Paradise, California.

It's about an hour Northeast of Paradise.

Rainmaker
05-05-2015, 08:04 PM
It's about an hour Northeast of Paradise.

yep, Whenever Rainmaker runs the personal "mental highlight reel" he always thinks of this one girl he dated from Chico, CA with the Long hair, heart shaped ass and the doe eyes!

sandsjames
05-05-2015, 08:07 PM
yep, Whenever Rainmaker runs the personal "mental highlight reel" he always thinks of this one girl he dated from Chico, CA with the Long hair, heart shaped ass and the doe eyes. NomSayin?.

Yep, I do know what you're sayin'. Plenty of parties, my younger days, with my cousin who went to Chico State.

Rainmaker
05-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Yep, I do know what you're sayin'. Plenty of parties, my younger days, with my cousin who went to Chico State.

Mr. Moderator. Please excuse the thread derail. Big Booty is Rainmaker's Kryptonite....

Mjölnir
05-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Mr. Moderator. Please excuse the thread derail. Big Booty is Rainmaker's Kryptonite....

It is Cinco de Mayo ... you should use Señor vice Mr.

Rollyn01
05-05-2015, 10:35 PM

You let a big booty make you derail a thread?!?!? Yeah... you know what? I'm taking the claymores around the bunker out. You might blow them in the wrong direction due to the distraction.