PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Fleet Master Chief Relieved

Stalwart
04-25-2015, 11:14 AM
U.S. Navy: http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=86607

Star Adviser: http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20150416_Pacific_Fleet_top_enlisted_leader_removed _from_duties.html?id=300215151

The Pacific Fleet CMC was relieved, for what appears to be falsifying travel / manipulating DTS.

I'm kind of impressed that he had the skills to manipulate DTS. I have issues just getting a travel claim submitted.

Salty Old Dog
05-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Meanwhile, a story on CNN's website, this morning, speaks of hundreds of thousands of dollars being spent on gambling and "adult services" by Pentagon personnel....but that it's okay, because the money all got paid back. Shoot, how do these people NOT know that they're not allowed to do these things?? SMH

Where I work, a full bird colonel destroyed his career by doing something similar, as well as a few other charges. When he was brought up on charges, he decided to fight them, and lost, big time. He's now in the stockade, and lost his retirement, plus will end up with a dishonorable discharge.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
05-08-2015, 06:18 PM
...plus will end up with a dishonorable discharge.

Nit-picky play on words, but Officers can't be discharged since they were never enlisted. I believe his "discharge" is legally a "dismissal."

Mjölnir
05-09-2015, 02:29 AM
Meanwhile, a story on CNN's website, this morning, speaks of hundreds of thousands of dollars being spent on gambling and "adult services" by Pentagon personnel....but that it's okay, because the money all got paid back. Shoot, how do these people NOT know that they're not allowed to do these things?? SMH

Where I work, a full bird colonel destroyed his career by doing something similar, as well as a few other charges. When he was brought up on charges, he decided to fight them, and lost, big time. He's now in the stockade, and lost his retirement, plus will end up with a dishonorable discharge.

Well, DoD civilians aren't held to the UCMJ; I will admit frustration that the action upon hearing about the 'adult services' seemed to amount to someone conducting some remediation training that could be summarized by saying "don't use your gov't credit card to pay for hookers." Seems like a no-brainer, until we hear about dozens of folks doing it.

When I was stationed in GA, our civilian who was our gov't credit card manager went to federal court for defrauding the gov't of about $80,000 over 4 years. Two other civilians from the command were indicted on lesser counts for their knowledge of what was going on. Even with the pending court case it took about 3 months to actually finalize their termination ... unbelievable.