PDA

View Full Version : The Masters

Bos Mutus
04-10-2015, 06:02 PM
I'm not a golfer, but I do enjoy watching and following, especially the Majors.

Even moreso when Tiger is in contention. Day 2 he's looking okay....he's two under for the day at the 8th--1 under for the tournament.

That puts him tied for 16th, 11 shots back as Jordan Spieth is on a tear.

It's nice to see Tiger playing at least decently...don't expect him to win this weekend, but it's obvious he's worked hard, found something and is still pretty good at this game. He certainly makes it all more interesting and fun to watch.

sandsjames
04-10-2015, 06:41 PM
I'm not a golfer, but I do enjoy watching and following, especially the Majors.

Even moreso when Tiger is in contention. Day 2 he's looking okay....he's two under for the day at the 8th--1 under for the tournament.

That puts him tied for 16th, 11 shots back as Jordan Spieth is on a tear.

It's nice to see Tiger playing at least decently...don't expect him to win this weekend, but it's obvious he's worked hard, found something and is still pretty good at this game. He certainly makes it all more interesting and fun to watch.

Seeing Tiger and Spieth reminds me of when Tiger first started playing and the older golfers at the time (Jack still played occasionally, Seve, those guys) were just past their prime. It was fun to root for the "used-to-coulds" even though it was quite apparent that the future was there. Spieth is definitely bringing my interest in golf back to where it was when Tiger was in his youth.

Bos Mutus
04-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Seeing Tiger and Spieth reminds me of when Tiger first started playing and the older golfers at the time (Jack still played occasionally, Seve, those guys) were just past their prime. It was fun to root for the "used-to-coulds" even though it was quite apparent that the future was there. Spieth is definitely bringing my interest in golf back to where it was when Tiger was in his youth.

That McIlroy guy ain't too bad either...there are a lot of great young players coming up.

Tiger, OTOH, stood pretty much alone head and shoulders above everyone once he hit his stride. I'm starting to think he won't get Jack's record of 18 majors...but, wonder what he would've gotten had most of the courses not been "Tiger-proofed" in an effort to keep the PGA more competitive in his prime.

I dunno...haven't really read up in detail on all that...but yeah, he's changed the game and now these young guys are following his style, can drive it even longer and he can't keep up with some of them

Bos Mutus
04-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Through 13...Tiger is 3-under for the day, one of the days better rounds.

2-under for the tournament, 12 shots back, T13

Bos Mutus
04-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Tiger in the clubhouse at 3-under for the day.

Solid outing.

sandsjames
04-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Tiger in the clubhouse at 3-under for the day.

Solid outing.

Golf needs him. If he can be competitive while Spieth catches fire, it's gonna help the game out a lot.