PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about Army Basic Training

Shaken1976
04-10-2015, 03:09 PM
My friend's brother left for Basic about six weeks ago. Apparently he is being sent home this weekend. He is telling his family that it is because he failed by 8 push ups. They seem to think something fishy is going on. Having never been through Army Basic I can't say. I know he still had a few weeks left before graduation. It seems they would have given him time to get these push ups. Not sure. Maybe he is just a DB..(he is at home)

So they question is...when is the final PT test for the Army and do they kick people out before that if they can't do something correctly?

Rusty Jones
04-10-2015, 03:12 PM
My friend's brother left for Basic about six weeks ago. Apparently he is being sent home this weekend. He is telling his family that it is because he failed by 8 push ups. They seem to think something fishy is going on. Having never been through Army Basic I can't say. I know he still had a few weeks left before graduation. It seems they would have given him time to get these push ups. Not sure. Maybe he is just a DB..(he is at home)

So they question is...when is the final PT test for the Army and do they kick people out before that if they can't do something correctly?

I don't think so. I think, just like any other service, they'd ASMO/recycle you a back a few weeks to give you a few extra chances before giving you the boot.

Shaken1976
04-10-2015, 03:19 PM
I don't think so. I think, just like any other service, they'd ASMO/recycle you a back a few weeks to give you a few extra chances before giving you the boot.

I thought the same and said as much when asked.