PDA

View Full Version : Petraeus classified disclosure Case

Speakit
03-17-2015, 01:58 PM
I just read an article on stripes.com stating Petraeus is scheduled for sentencing next week and the Justice Department agreed to not seek jail time. It’s no surprise position and connections has it privileges, but what precedence does allowing Petraeus to plea bargain to a lesser charge set? The non- disclosure agreement (NDA) was clearly violated as the NDA, along with several Executive Orders prohibits unauthorized disclosure.

I’m not going to break down the NDA, as many of you have signed it. If you want to google it, it’s the standard form 312. If you browse it and are familiar with the Petraeus case, you don’t need to be a lawyer to know several provisions were violated.

So if Petraeus walks, which I assume he will, what happens to all other persons locked up for violating the same security protocols. Should they all be released? Should they be given the option to pay a fine and move on? I heard Petraeus would be fined about 40k…he makes more than that in retirement, slap on the wrist but I guess a usual occurrence for those of privilege positions.