PDA

View Full Version : PT Block Coming off the EPR

Capt Alfredo
02-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Word on the street (and from the CMSAF) is that there will no longer be a dedicated PT block on the next iteration of the EPR.

Is this a good thing, or will PT God supervisors still find a way to screw their subordinates?

http://youtu.be/gnIpl45toYs

Speakit
02-27-2015, 02:01 PM
The PT block served no purpose anyway and should come off the EPR, if anything it should replace the TIS/TIG points, which will soon be no more. The block didn’t assist those that exceeded the standard, as it only says “meets.” If two troops had the exact same volunteer bullets, education progression and work performance, the PT block should at least assist in separating the two; especially since a quota system seems to be in the making.

Zxc
02-27-2015, 03:59 PM
The block was erroneous. If someone failed a PT test, they would be marked down in standards and conduct already.

sandsjames
02-27-2015, 04:32 PM
The block was erroneous. If someone failed a PT test, they would be marked down in standards and conduct already.

And leadership...

Modus
02-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Word on the street (and from the CMSAF) is that there will no longer be a dedicated PT block on the next iteration of the EPR.

Is this a good thing, or will PT God supervisors still find a way to screw their subordinates?

Are you saying you wouldn't mark someone down for a PT fail? Well I guess since you're an officer, I know they never get marked down :o

KnuckleDragger
02-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Really...a year old video?

Juggs
02-27-2015, 10:32 PM
It should stay but be changed to every other block. Meets, exceeds or does not meet.

Capt Alfredo
02-28-2015, 01:28 AM
Really...a year old video?

It was recently reconfirmed in an interview held between the CMSAF and our old friend Tak.

Capt Alfredo
02-28-2015, 01:31 AM
Are you saying you wouldn't mark someone down for a PT fail? Well I guess since you're an officer, I know they never get marked down :o

Well, on the OPR everything is "meets" or "does not meet" standards, so if you have a passing score at close-out, there is no issue.

For EPRs, if you're passing at close-out, I'd be inclined to not mark you down much. I understand some units had policies where if you failed anytime during the rating period you were getting an overall markdown (like no higher than a "4" rating). Should having a failing PT score make a referral EPR? I'd say no, but I understand "the man" probably disagrees.

Modus
03-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Well, on the OPR everything is "meets" or "does not meet" standards, so if you have a passing score at close-out, there is no issue.

For EPRs, if you're passing at close-out, I'd be inclined to not mark you down much. I understand some units had policies where if you failed anytime during the rating period you were getting an overall markdown (like no higher than a "4" rating). Should having a failing PT score make a referral EPR? I'd say no, but I understand "the man" probably disagrees.

This is probably one part of the promotion piece the Army gets right. We have people rushing to re-test so they don't get marked down. I've never drank the kool-aid but not meeting the standard should equate to a markdown...especially now that 4s are good. Do you think O's should take the lead and match the Enlisted rating scale? There would be so many hurt feelings lol, a Major getting a 4...that would be hilarious.

edit: Yea I know you guys have the whole word picture thing for less than stellar performers.

sandsjames
03-02-2015, 03:53 PM

"The Man" definitely disagrees. Don't shave, look like a dirt bag, show up late, have a 90+ on the PT test you're good to go. Score between 75 and 89.9, good luck getting a 5. Below 75?...Here's a referral and you're not allowed to test for promotion.