PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Generals at Minot - good thing?

Capt Alfredo
02-22-2015, 03:14 AM
I'm guessing unless you're a astronomist, the answer is no.

http://www.jqpublic-blog.com/look-were-involved-air-force-constellation-visits-minot/

Kicker47
02-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Just a little story:

A few months back, I was TDY to an AFGSC base. For breakfast, I tried to make it over to the Dining Facility just when they opened at 0600, so that I'd be long gone by the time all the dorm airmen show up to get their chow, and I wouldn't be in the way. This made sense to me...I was TDY to THEIR base, and even though I was required to eat at the Dining Facility, as a SNCO I wanted to minimize my impact to the line. I remember my days a dorm-dweller...

On the last day of my TDY, I showed up to get breakfast, and there was a gaggle of DVs getting "prepped" for the General. There was a TSgt "Bake-Sale President" who was literally pulling Airmen and NCOs out of the chow line, before they had a chance to get their food...so that they "wouldn't be late, because the General is on his way". I let numerous people go past me in line in an attempt to let them get some food, and I pointed out to the TSgt that having Airman at the table with no food would be a lot worse than simply explaining to the General that "some of the folks are still going through the line." She looked at me like I had dragons falling out on my nose...

Point of my story is that the General could have easily gone through the line at 0600, found some airmen to chat with, and been on his way. He probably would have gotten a much more accurate and truthful picture of life on that base that way. Instead, they created this ridiculous public "event" that caused quite a number of Airmen to miss breakfast, all so that everyone can see that the General is eating at the Dining Facility. It's all about making that public impression...

Juggs
02-23-2015, 06:51 PM
Generals- causing idiots to lose their minds since 1775

Rainmaker
02-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Don't worry Juggs...at least we know what to expect... just the first week on the job and The New SECDEF/ former Goldman Sacs Consultant on foreign affairs, Ashton Carter has already deployed to Camp Arifjan to promote "transgenderism".... FORWARD!!!

Mata Leao
02-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Just a little story:

A few months back, I was TDY to an AFGSC base. For breakfast, I tried to make it over to the Dining Facility just when they opened at 0600, so that I'd be long gone by the time all the dorm airmen show up to get their chow, and I wouldn't be in the way. This made sense to me...I was TDY to THEIR base, and even though I was required to eat at the Dining Facility, as a SNCO I wanted to minimize my impact to the line. I remember my days a dorm-dweller...

On the last day of my TDY, I showed up to get breakfast, and there was a gaggle of DVs getting "prepped" for the General. There was a TSgt "Bake-Sale President" who was literally pulling Airmen and NCOs out of the chow line, before they had a chance to get their food...so that they "wouldn't be late, because the General is on his way". I let numerous people go past me in line in an attempt to let them get some food, and I pointed out to the TSgt that having Airman at the table with no food would be a lot worse than simply explaining to the General that "some of the folks are still going through the line." She looked at me like I had dragons falling out on my nose...

Point of my story is that the General could have easily gone through the line at 0600, found some airmen to chat with, and been on his way. He probably would have gotten a much more accurate and truthful picture of life on that base that way. Instead, they created this ridiculous public "event" that caused quite a number of Airmen to miss breakfast, all so that everyone can see that the General is eating at the Dining Facility. It's all about making that public impression...

Hopefully those airmen who missed breakfast were wise enough to fill out missed meal forms.

giggawatt
03-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Hopefully those airmen who missed breakfast were wise enough to fill out missed meal forms.

I wouldn't put money on it.

Sergeant eNYgma
03-04-2015, 01:34 AM
When is something like that ever a good thing?

Also that story is.......sad. Do you go auto retard once you reach that rank and lose connection with reality?