PDA

View Full Version : Cpl Carpenter (Ret) to Marjah Veterans: "It's your medal"

Mjölnir
02-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Mairine Times: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2015/02/16/kyle-carpenter-inspiring-marjah-speech/23511329/

"I really struggled with the idea that I would, not have to, but most likely be encouraged to wear my medal. And I say struggled because, let me just say that I don't want to wear this. I don't like wearing this.

But I do because, you know, if I can inform one person of what we do and what we're about, or what we sacrificed over there, I do it for that. I wear it for all of you.

And I just hope that you know that no matter where I'm wearing it, it's not because I want to. It's putting on a good face, trying to attach something good to the Marine Corps, to contribute and help people understand our side of life, what we go through, what we're about. And everything we've done from past generations until now, the great job we've done to keep our freedom, to keep our men alive.

So I wore it tonight for you. Feel free to come up after and touch it, whatever you like. It's your medal."