PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else smell the hypocrisy?

TJMAC77SP
02-14-2015, 04:56 PM
Let me start by stating the usual disclaimers before I get called, once again, a fundamentalist Christian who isn't Christian enough, Neocon, reactionary, ultra conservative blah, blah, blah............

The shootings in Chapel Hill were horrible and I support the federal investigation (although question why it is felt to be necessary since the locals haven't completed their investigation yet.............but that seems to the new SOP). I think at best the accused is an evil "equal opportunity hater' (as I have seen him labeled), at worst he is a racist and this was a hate crime. In either case three people lost their lives in a tragic way and for the stupidest of reasons, whether over a parking space or because they were Muslim (or both).

However, all things considered, does anyone else find the following statement by Palestinian officials more than a bit hypocritical (given the current events going on around the world)?

“We consider it a serious indication of the growth of racism and religious extremism which is a direct threat to the lives of hundreds of thousands of American citizens who follow the Islamic faith,” the Palestinian foreign ministry said in a statement, which also called for “a serious investigation” and the involvement of Palestinian investigators."

To quote Rainmaker...............'nomsayin?

sandsjames
02-14-2015, 06:38 PM
Let me start by stating the usual disclaimers before I get called, once again, a fundamentalist Christian who isn't Christian enough, Neocon, reactionary, ultra conservative blah, blah, blah............

The shootings in Chapel Hill were horrible and I support the federal investigation (although question why it is felt to be necessary since the locals haven't completed their investigation yet.............but that seems to the new SOP). I think at best the accused is an evil "equal opportunity hater' (as I have seen him labeled), at worst he is a racist and this was a hate crime. In either case three people lost their lives in a tragic way and for the stupidest of reasons, whether over a parking space or because they were Muslim (or both).

However, all things considered, does anyone else find the following statement by Palestinian officials more than a bit hypocritical (given the current events going on around the world)?

“We consider it a serious indication of the growth of racism and religious extremism which is a direct threat to the lives of hundreds of thousands of American citizens who follow the Islamic faith,” the Palestinian foreign ministry said in a statement, which also called for “a serious investigation” and the involvement of Palestinian investigators."

To quote Rainmaker...............'nomsayin?

Let's reverse the roles. If the victims were white and the assailant was Muslim, many people would be pissed because the media wasn't labeling it terrorism. So, no matter what the facts are (which, to me, sounds like a guy got pissed off and it probably wouldn't have mattered what race the victims were), the Palestinian officials are well within the scope of what we would expect our government to be saying if the roles were reversed.

TJMAC77SP
02-14-2015, 06:53 PM
Let's reverse the roles. If the victims were white and the assailant was Muslim, many people would be pissed because the media wasn't labeling it terrorism. So, no matter what the facts are (which, to me, sounds like a guy got pissed off and it probably wouldn't have mattered what race the victims were), the Palestinian officials are well within the scope of what we would expect our government to be saying if the roles were reversed.

I don't disagree with you but maybe they could have avoided the rhetoric. I don't have any hidden agenda or meaning so please don't read into my OP. When I read the article I did understand the Palestinians wanting to get involved (although I do suspect it is more a political agenda than a true attempt to look after their 'citizens'). I just found the part of the statement I quoted to be hypocritical and ignorant of global facts. Not unique to the PLA but that doesn't negate the hypocrisy.

BTW: News reporting is now showing this guy had more negative things to say about Christians than Muslims. Interested. Anyone have a location on AA?

Absinthe Anecdote
02-16-2015, 11:03 AM
BTW: News reporting is now showing this guy had more negative things to say about Christians than Muslims. Interested. Anyone have a location on AA?

I'm still around, that wasn't me going bonkers in Chapel Hill, if that is what you meant by that.

Hopefully, you just miss me and want to talk.

TJMAC77SP
02-16-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm still around, that wasn't me going bonkers in Chapel Hill, if that is what you meant by that.

Hopefully, you just miss me and want to talk.

I knew you were lurking around a bit. Saw where you had liked a post.

I am interested to see where this case in Chapel Hill goes. Could be a hate crime where the perpetrator has more than one hatred festering. Imagine that.

Absinthe Anecdote
02-16-2015, 01:01 PM
I knew you were lurking around a bit. Saw where you had liked a post.

I am interested to see where this case in Chapel Hill goes. Could be a hate crime where the perpetrator has more than one hatred festering. Imagine that.

From the little that I've followed on this case, the descriptions of this kook paint the picture of the grumpy old man who keeps baseballs that are hit into his yard.

Except he lives in a condo and protects his parking space with a gun.

TJMAC77SP
02-16-2015, 04:17 PM
From the little that I've followed on this case, the descriptions of this kook paint the picture of the grumpy old man who keeps baseballs that are hit into his yard.

Except he lives in a condo and protects his parking space with a gun.

Yeah, got the same feeling. World is full of nuts, some are on full throttle.

Rainmaker
02-17-2015, 03:01 PM
While this Godless, Leftist, Lunatic's actions are indeed tragic, The real question to ask ourselves is...... Why are we flooding our Universities with all of these foreigners on student visas in the first place? Is there a shortage of qualified American students trying to get into UNC-Chapel Hill Dental school?

These potential sleeper cells can't even understand the simple concept of a reserved parking space and yet we somehow expect them to be able to assimilate into Western Civilization?

http://gotnews.com/breaking-chapelhillshooting-victims-father-leader-mosque-raided-plot-kill-marines/

Pay no attention to reality folks....DIVERSITY IS OUR GREATEST STRENGTH.....FORWARD!!!

Rainmaker
02-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Speaking of Hypocrisy....Looks as if "Progressive", Billionaire, Dual-Citizen Michael Bloomberg accidentally got caught telling the truth and stepped on his dick....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L0Zq0MusGA

http://www.summitdaily.com/news/15052127-113/story.html?utm_source=swift_rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss-referrals&utm_section=News

"95 percent of your murders and murderers, and murder victims fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it, and pass it out to all of the cops".....

sounds like Rayciss profiling.....Paging Reverend Sharpton.....Cleanup on aisle 666...