PDA

View Full Version : Navy Reserves is harder to join than Big Blue.

xeverex21
02-10-2015, 10:39 PM
I was an IT and got out after 2011 with honorable discharge. My security clearance expired and I was interested in joining the reserves to reactivate my clearance. I want my clearance because I want to be a contractor.

Reasons I was denied to being a reservist
1. I have traveled to foreign countries including China, when I was a little kid.
2. They need ME to prove that I held TS/SCI clearance.

They had no problems with my travels when I joined Big Blue. After I got out, I have not traveled anywhere outside of the USA.
TS/SCI is not on my separation papers. If the Community Manager and people who have access to JPAS cannot find out my previously held clearance level, how would I find proof? The ineptitude of the Navy is heartbreaking.

I have asked the PAO from my last command to see if he can help but I don't think anything will come of it.

Rusty Jones
02-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Fuck the Navy Reserve. I left active duty Navy in 2011, after 11 years. I tried to go Army National Guard back in January 2014, but they're downsizing in Virginia - and I had a charge (that was unconditionally dismissed) that prevented them from taking me. I know that outside of the Guard, you don't even NEED a waiver unless you were convicted.

Anyhow, that's when I looked toward the Navy Reserve, at the end of that January. Those fuckers kept giving me the run around. They would say one thing, not remember it the next time I called them, rules would keep changing, etc, etc. I had to do this before I went to MEPS, get all these documents for all my dependants, and as soon as I got them... oh, Navy Reserve recruiting is shut down for the remainder of the FY. They actually ended up lifting the moratorium a few weeks later - but did the recruiters call me to tell me? Nope. I learned that after calling them myself and asking, long after it happened. This was five months later in June, by the way.

I got fed up with their asses, and started looking at the Air Force. No Air National Guard - I believe that their recruiting is handled by the federal components of the Air Force, unlike the Army National Guard, so that charge may not have hurt me... BUT the highest the ANG will take you as is E5, and I got out of the Navy as an E6.

So I contacted the Air Force Reserve. I went into the recruiters office that same day, and she scheduled me for MEPS right on the spot. I didn't even have to provide documentation for my dependants... they didn't need any of that until in-processed during my first drill weekend. And I got to keep my paygrade and everything.

I'm telling you, man... call an Air Force Reserve recruiter. They'll get you right in, in no time.

Rainmaker
02-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Fuck the Navy Reserve. I left active duty Navy in 2011, after 11 years. I tried to go Army National Guard back in January 2014, but they're downsizing in Virginia - and I had a charge (that was unconditionally dismissed) that prevented them from taking me. I know that outside of the Guard, you don't even NEED a waiver unless you were convicted.

Anyhow, that's when I looked toward the Navy Reserve, at the end of that January. Those fuckers kept giving me the run around. They would say one thing, not remember it the next time I called them, rules would keep changing, etc, etc. I had to do this before I went to MEPS, get all these documents for all my dependants, and as soon as I got them... oh, Navy Reserve recruiting is shut down for the remainder of the FY. They actually ended up lifting the moratorium a few weeks later - but did the recruiters call me to tell me? Nope. I learned that after calling them myself and asking, long after it happened. This was five months later in June, by the way.

I got fed up with their asses, and started looking at the Air Force. No Air National Guard - I believe that their recruiting is handled by the federal components of the Air Force, unlike the Army National Guard, so that charge may not have hurt me... BUT the highest the ANG will take you as is E5, and I got out of the Navy as an E6.

So I contacted the Air Force Reserve. I went into the recruiters office that same day, and she scheduled me for MEPS right on the spot. I didn't even have to provide documentation for my dependants... they didn't need any of that until in-processed during my first drill weekend. And I got to keep my paygrade and everything.

I'm telling you, man... call an Air Force Reserve recruiter. They'll get you right in, in no time.

about now, N.W.A. court is in full effect....
Judge RAINMAKER presiding....
In the case of RUSTY NUTZZ. vs. the UNITED STATES NAVY RESERVE....
prosecuting attourneys are: TJMAC77SP, ABSINTHEANTICDOTE,SANDSJAMES...
and GIGGA-MOTHERFUCKIN-WATT....
....MR RUSTY NUTZZ, will you please give your testimony
to the jury about this fucked up incident????