PDA

View Full Version : Atheist group gets sign outside recruitment office removed.

garhkal
01-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Saw this initially on GOPUSA< but it is also on this site and fox news.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/01/19/army-orders-removal-of-god-and-country-recruiting-sign.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/18/army-commanders-order-removal-god-and-country-outdoor-recruiting-sign/

For our army brethren, what are your thoughts on this?

Would you be offended by that sign?

efmbman
01-21-2015, 09:31 PM
The command’s spokesman told the paper the sign’s text was changed by “local recruiting personnel” but without clearance from command headquarters.

That's the key right there. There are countless reviews and revisions on publicly branded recruiting material. This would not be an issue had the local recruiting personnel not ventured off the reservation (so to speak).

garhkal
01-22-2015, 04:37 AM
I read that and was wondering. Had they done it ahead of time would it have been approved? We know the powers that be are 'claiming it would not' after the fact, but i wonder if that would be true.

efmbman
01-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I seriously doubt it would have been approved. The manner by which the Army is branded (I can't speak for other services) is a very controlled process. As an example, when the An Army of One (AAOO) campaign was cancelled to begin the "Army Strong" campaign, we were ordered to remove and destroy (not throw away... but destroy!) all items with the AAOO branding. There are millions of dollars in advertizing contracts invested in those branding campaigns - and they are not fooling around. We were told that if an inspector found AAOO in your recruiting station, there would be Article 15's - guaranteed.

In addition, sticking to the approved branding and advertizement material ensures no one will have issues like the one described in the article. As a station commander, I was happy to oblige since that was one less thing I had to worry about.

Rollyn01
01-22-2015, 04:02 PM
I seriously doubt it would have been approved. The manner by which the Army is branded (I can't speak for other services) is a very controlled process. As an example, when the An Army of One (AAOO) campaign was cancelled to begin the "Army Strong" campaign, we were ordered to remove and destroy (not throw away... but destroy!) all items with the AAOO branding. There are millions of dollars in advertizing contracts invested in those branding campaigns - and they are not fooling around. We were told that if an inspector found AAOO in your recruiting station, there would be Article 15's - guaranteed.

In addition, sticking to the approved branding and advertizement material ensures no one will have issues like the one described in the article. As a station commander, I was happy to oblige since that was one less thing I had to worry about.

I've always wondered why "Be all you can be" was removed. It actually made a lot more sense than "An Army of ONE (Offices, Non-Commissioned Officers, Enlisted)." That one didn't make a list of sense because anyone who's been longer than one week would have wonder about where Warrant Officers fit in and why NCOs are being distinguished when they're enlisted too. "Army Strong"? Uhh... maybe if you pencil-whipped your PT test. Just saying.

efmbman
01-22-2015, 04:53 PM
I've always wondered why "Be all you can be" was removed. It actually made a lot more sense than "An Army of ONE (Offices, Non-Commissioned Officers, Enlisted)." That one didn't make a list of sense because anyone who's been longer than one week would have wonder about where Warrant Officers fit in and why NCOs are being distinguished when they're enlisted too. "Army Strong"? Uhh... maybe if you pencil-whipped your PT test. Just saying.

A huge pile of money is devoted to advertising in the recruiting world. As new agencies are hired to brand the Army, contracts dictate the removal of the previous branding. "Army Strong" was fielded for one reason only - to highlight the new ACU camouflage pattern.

Rainmaker
01-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Oh, Come on Now !!!.... ..... Does Everything WE post have to provide further evidence of the total moral decline of our Culture?? Is there any good news left??

WE'RE ROLLING DOWN HILL LIKE A SNOWBALL HEADED FOR HELL, BITCHES!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3IzIXZwFlg

How is it that, In the span of less than 2 generations, we went From "We don't promise you a rose garden",
To "come join us at the Lesbian Dude Ranch, where we'll let you pick your own hairdo"?

Measure Man
01-22-2015, 11:17 PM

Not important, just a side-note I always thought was interesting...

I'd heard a story that the Advertising firm was pitching the "Army of One" campaing to the Army Recruiting Service...a 2-star presiding. So, the General's response was, "I don't like it, it doesn't make me want to join the Army"

The firm replied with, "Sir, we aren't trying to recruit you."

...and then they won the contract.

I'm sure they went on to present marketing analysis, etc. that showed a response to the ad and all.

INGUARD
01-25-2015, 11:14 AM

As an Army Warrant, I remember posing that same question but the answer was, "Cmon Chief, you know that Warrant Officers and RLOs are all just officers." I could not argue with that. Army of WONE will not make sense unless you could use it as a pun if stationed in Korea. :)