PDA

View Full Version : General: Praising the A-10 to Lawmakers is ‘Treason’

Mjölnir
01-20-2015, 03:41 AM
http://www.dodbuzz.com/2015/01/16/general-praising-the-a-10-to-lawmakers-is-treason/

TJMAC77SP
01-20-2015, 03:50 AM
http://www.dodbuzz.com/2015/01/16/general-praising-the-a-10-to-lawmakers-is-treason/

I think the general has been flying without oxygen...........

Rollyn01
01-20-2015, 03:23 PM
I think the general has been flying without oxygen...........

More like he switched it with some nitrous.

Though, and I can't believe I'm really saying this, score one for McCain. When it comes to other things, he's completely out of his mind. When it's about the military, he's the only voice of reason. When it comes to ground battles (of which most of the ME-based conflicts are composed of), I would rather have the A-10 screaming past than the F-35. Why in the hell would you retire the best thing in CAS since the AC-130? Or are they going to retire that next?

Measure Man
01-20-2015, 04:37 PM
The right to speak with your congressman is protected communication...the Gen is due for some admin/disciplinary action.

If I ever caught one of my NCOs telling troops they couldn't speak to congress or IG, they'd be getting paperwork, at least.

TJMAC77SP
01-20-2015, 06:06 PM
The right to speak with your congressman is protected communication...the Gen is due for some admin/disciplinary action.

If I ever caught one of my NCOs telling troops they couldn't speak to congress or IG, they'd be getting paperwork, at least.

I agree. It is one thing (and proper) to limit military members' interaction with the press but to attempt to block an elected official in the pursuit of his/her duties seems to be likely a crime. Of course I am sure that it was his choice of words (inelegantly stated to say the least) but he needs to issue a clarification and retraction.

RingLeader
01-21-2015, 09:40 PM
If Post really said it and stated he would deny it, he needs to be brought up on charges, Article's, 133,134, 94 (yes this one)one of them will stick.

Treason? Really? It is treason talking to your congressman... General, you are a f'ing idiot, SIR!!http://forums.militarytimes.com/images/smilies/omfg.gif

RingLeader
01-21-2015, 09:43 PM
I agree. It is one thing (and proper) to limit military members' interaction with the press but to attempt to block an elected official in the pursuit of his/her duties seems to be likely a crime. Of course I am sure that it was his choice of words (inelegantly stated to say the least) but he needs to issue a clarification and retraction.

NO retraction!!! He said it (allegedly)to late to walk it back... He needs to be removed from Command immediately, until all of the facts come out.

I am so pissed if this is true. How the hell did he get to 3 stars? This isn't the 1ST time doing something stupid, I bet there is a "under the rug" history of it...

Rainmaker
01-22-2015, 08:34 PM

While Rainmaker agree the A10 should stay and the General is most likely a moron. Is there anyone, in that room who actually feared they'd brought up on treason charges??

"use of hyperbole" was intended to prove a point, seems perfectly logical explanation to Rainmaker. The General was just stating the official position. kinda like when they tell you, you have to put up with Fag drag queen shows on base, because that's the official position. You don't make policy you execute policy. Gnomsayin?

Z1911
01-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Hey, General!!!!

Let's try this for some hyperbole:

Since the A-10 is admittedly one, if not the best, of any aircraft currently performing CAS, and by all reports the enemy fears it to the point they cease operations when it is in the vicinity, then talk of "retiring" it, and/or actually removing it from active service in the combat zone gives aid and comfort to the enemy.

Since the Constitution defines treason as levying war against the United States in providing aid and comfort to our enemies, those who want to get rid of the A-10 are guilty of committing treason.

Salty Old Dog
01-29-2015, 05:24 PM
So we have a Major (Pain in the Butt) General stating this sort of thing:

Maj. Gen. James Post, vice commander of Air Combat Command, was quoted as saying, “If anyone accuses me of saying this, I will deny it … anyone who is passing information to Congress about A-10 capabilities is committing treason,”??

Meanwhile, I'm having to attend stupid training about the need for everyone to be reliable and responsible for their actions?? How does the Air Force expect anyone to take responsibility, or show reliability, if their leaders will not?? :confused:

OtisRNeedleman
01-30-2015, 12:22 AM
??

Meanwhile, I'm having to attend stupid training about the need for everyone to be reliable and responsible for their actions?? How does the Air Force expect anyone to take responsibility, or show reliability, if their leaders will not?? :confused:

You're shitting us, right? You have to have TRAINING about being reliable and responsible for their actions? OMG. In my beloved Adult Air Force it was a given that you would be reliable and responsible for your actions. If you were not, you were dealt with.

This "training" sounds as stupid as the Army's "consideration of others" training that was presented at my last base, many years ago.

technomage1
01-30-2015, 07:13 AM
??

Training and accountability is only for the lower ranks. Didn't you know that?

Rollyn01
01-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Training and accountability is only for the lower ranks. Didn't you know that?

Sad part is, the higher ranks should be the ones constantly trained on it since many of them are the worst offenders of it. Ahhh yes, you're the commander who yells at your subordinates for being late or missing a movement. You want to bring down the hammer to make an example of said subordinate. And yet, you disappear with no one knowing where you went. People are trying to call you to see when you're coming back or if you are, no answer. Hmm.... it doesn't look good on this commander, especially when the subordinate the commander was head-hunting calls ahead to let people know he will be late or absent.

garhkal
01-30-2015, 09:12 PM
??

Probably the same way they expect people to follow the laws they put in place, when they themselves don't? DO as i say NOT as i do!

Drackore
01-30-2015, 09:37 PM
After I first heard this, I wrote to my Senator and Congressman and told them both how much I support the A-10 and want it to say part of our National Defense strategy. I also told them that I feel the F35 is a huge waste of time and money and is serving no purpose other than getting "people" a highly lucrative post-military career.

giggawatt
01-31-2015, 04:24 AM
After I first heard this, I wrote to my Senator and Congressman and told them both how much I support the A-10 and want it to say part of our National Defense strategy. I also told them that I feel the F35 is a huge waste of time and money and is serving no purpose other than getting "people" a highly lucrative post-military career.

Reported for treason. I'm bringing the tar. Whos's got the feathers?

BENDER56
02-01-2015, 04:33 PM
General, you are a f'ing idiot, SIR!!

You forgot the, "With all due respect ..." part.

garhkal
02-01-2015, 07:51 PM
If showing support for the A-10 via using your constitutional rights to contact your senator is considered treason, then what the heck do they consider giving aid and comfort to the enemy?