PDA

View Full Version : What Makes Me Happy

Stalwart
01-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Feel free to post a short message about something good etc. that has made you happy recently.

Stalwart
01-07-2015, 12:50 PM
Yesterday was Gotcha Day, the anniversary of the day we met / 'got' our daughter in China. We picked up 16 little gifts & trinkets to give her over the years as she gets older. She gushed at the necklace we gave her.

Rainmaker
01-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Feel free to post a short message about something good etc. that has made you happy recently.

Watching that Point shaving son-of-a-bitch Jameis Winston shit the bed and help Rainmaker win $500 on his bet against the spread

sandsjames
01-07-2015, 04:42 PM
2nd AF Commander getting rid of Blues Monday.

Capt Alfredo
01-08-2015, 09:40 AM
The mods banning just about every half-prolific poster left on the Military Times Forum. I think I heard a death rattle.

giggawatt
01-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Did some pre deployment outprocessing today and everyone was in their office and I got no push back or anything. Very smooth. It's the little things.

sandsjames
01-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Being able to piss properly, without feeling like I have to go every 3 minutes. Those were the good ol' days.

Drackore
01-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Being disruptive towards sandy vaginas.

sandsjames
01-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Being disruptive towards sandy vaginas.

Sandy Vaginas? Isn't she the actress from "The 80 Year Old Virgin"?

Rollyn01
01-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Did some pre deployment outprocessing today and everyone was in their office and I got no push back or anything. Very smooth. It's the little things.

That actually happens???? What unit are you in and were you high on that peyote?

UncaRastus
01-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Sandsjames,

I would say that you should see your Dr. for the increased urination. It may be nothing, but there is a chance of prostate hypertrophy. There is a small chance also of you having a more serious problem. You might have prostate cancer. Doing a PSA test takes a small amount of blood, but if I were you, I would have it done.

As we all get older, we men tend to have hypertrophic (enlarged) prostates. There are medications that could cut down on the increased urination.

Be a friend to yourself. If you haven't had a PSA and a prostate check, you could be in real trouble.

If you already have had these things done, then good for you!

Just hoping that you are all right!

UR

sandsjames
01-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Sandsjames,

I would say that you should see your Dr. for the increased urination. It may be nothing, but there is a chance of prostate hypertrophy. There is a small chance also of you having a more serious problem. You might have prostate cancer. Doing a PSA test takes a small amount of blood, but if I were you, I would have it done.

As we all get older, we men tend to have hypertrophic (enlarged) prostates. There are medications that could cut down on the increased urination.

Be a friend to yourself. If you haven't had a PSA and a prostate check, you could be in real trouble.

If you already have had these things done, then good for you!

Just hoping that you are all right!

UR

It actually turned out to be a kidney stone. I've had a couple in the past. This was just a very tiny fragment that hadn't come out all the way. Lasted about a week. I did see the eurologist...everything is fine. Thanks.

Mjölnir
01-14-2015, 06:11 PM
It actually turned out to be a kidney stone. I've had a couple in the past. This was just a very tiny fragment that hadn't come out all the way. Lasted about a week. I did see the eurologist...everything is fine. Thanks.

Oh wow. I passed one once, thought I had just given birth to a spiked beach ball.

sandsjames
01-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Oh wow. I passed one once, thought I had just given birth to a spiked beach ball.

Yeah, the first one I passed was 5.5mm which, I guess, is a pretty good size. I was in pretty bad pain for about a week, then I ended up in the ER.

This last one was just a tiny fragment, less than 1mm, which caused little discomfort as far as pain but a lot of discomfort as far as urinary issues.

Everything is good now, though.

giggawatt
01-14-2015, 06:51 PM
That actually happens???? What unit are you in and were you high on that peyote?

nope, and I didn't even have to use my AK. That day was a good day.

Mjölnir
03-16-2015, 03:32 PM
Out visiting the in laws in Northern California.

My daughter getting to see all her aunts and uncles for the first time & play with her cousins for hours (to the point of exhaustion.) I went for a 90 minute run along the Pacific coast: foggy, rainy WX -- great for running. Big family dinner.

The only negative is having flown all Friday night and our bodies being on east coast time we were out at 9pm and up at 0400.

Mjölnir
03-21-2015, 12:29 AM
The USO at SEATAC (Seattle - Tacoma) ... This thing is freakin' awesome: food, beverages, Internet, library, beds and showers.

Just a hint ... It is outside security ... I had a 7-hour layover so no rush.

Stalwart
04-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Today's Height and weight:

72 inches tall, 221 pounds ... 16% body fat - by the tape ... (so in real life I am likely 50-75% body fat )

sandsjames
04-30-2015, 08:38 PM
Today's Height and weight:

72 inches tall, 221 pounds ... 16% body fat - by the tape ... (so in real life I am likely 50-75% body fat )

The irony, I suppose, is that "what makes me happy", since retiring, is I no longer have to be concerned about those numbers (except for my health) on a daily basis.

OH, and congrats...getting in shape is a bitch. Seems like there's always an excuse to skip a day.

Stalwart
04-30-2015, 08:55 PM
The irony, I suppose, is that "what makes me happy", since retiring, is I no longer have to be concerned about those numbers (except for my health) on a daily basis.

OH, and congrats...getting in shape is a bitch. Seems like there's always an excuse to skip a day.

Yeah, I don't really ever worry about being over the body fat, I am always over my max weight but I am big in the chest and legs but am happy that I have shed some flab.

sandsjames
04-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I don't really ever worry about being over the body fat, I am always over my max weight but I am big in the chest and legs but am happy that I have shed some flab.

I always found the best way to keep my body weight down is to carry as little muscle mass as possible.

Stalwart
05-01-2015, 07:44 AM
I always found the best way to keep my body weight down is to carry as little muscle mass as possible.

Touché ...

garhkal
05-01-2015, 08:40 PM
I am happy that i got a chance to play some battletech over the weekend with a pair of lads locally (though not sure if they were just passing through) at one of the gaming stores nearby.. Though i lost in the 200 ton a side free for all, just getting to game made me happy!

Mjölnir
08-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Today was our daughter's first day of Kindergarten. We took about 1000 pictures and then took her to the door and off she went. She is so small compared to the other kids but has a huge personality.

Bos Mutus
08-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Gentleman Jack on sale at the Class VI

Absinthe Anecdote
08-29-2015, 01:10 AM
Happiness is not a state of being, but rather a skill that you apply to your life on a daily basis.

Bos Mutus
08-29-2015, 06:14 AM
Happiness is not a state of being, but rather a skill that you apply to your life on a daily basis.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-29-2015, 12:56 PM

I suppose one could apply Gentleman Jack to their life on a daily basis.

Side Note:

Is Class VI a name that is even used anymore? I can't recall seeing booze marketed on base in any other type venue than a Shopette in many years.

Maybe the last time I saw Class VI in use on signage was Osan or Misawa? Not sure.

UncaRastus
08-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Happiness? My wife had a partial thyroidectomy done about 30 years ago. Soon thereafter, she was placed on happy pills. The meds for depression did a tiny bit to bring back her happy beingness. Not very much, but hey, anything that could possibly help was tried.

Finally, this year, Angie was started on l-thyroxine, which is being used to replace the thyroxine that was much reduced by the taking of half of her thyroid.

Which should have been done in conjunction with the surgery.

Now, just a few months after being started on l-thyroxine, Angie is finally back to being her old time happy person! She is more active. She is losing weight. And her brains serotonergic antidepressants have been augmented.

Which makes me happy! And relieved, also.

Mjölnir
08-29-2015, 05:25 PM

Side Note:

Is Class VI a name that is even used anymore? I can't recall seeing booze marketed on base in any other type venue than a Shopette in many years.

Maybe the last time I saw Class VI in use on signage was Osan or Misawa? Not sure.

There is a Class VI on Fort Gordon, not sure how widespread it is overall though (I don't drink so there could be one on Fort Meade and I have just never needed to find it.)

Bos Mutus
08-29-2015, 10:31 PM

Side Note:

Class VI is still used.

Mjölnir
09-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Homemade dried and seasoned tomatoes ... Packed in oil and now on salad ...

UncaRastus
09-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Now, that IS some good stuff there, Mjolnir!

Mjölnir
12-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Finished my turnover as XO, outprocessing my current command just about done. Of to be an XO (formal billet this time). Boom

Mjölnir
06-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Command qualification board passed yesterday. Have now completed my command qualification and can screen for command this year. Boom.

Mjölnir
07-14-2016, 02:40 AM
Having a Disney character dinner and hearing Snow White say that she loves happy endings.

I bet she does ... I just bet she does ... I am so going to hell.

Mjölnir
08-18-2016, 12:42 PM
This this this ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/fjellmjolnir/Emma%20Slide_zpslc1udboq.jpg

Mjölnir
08-30-2016, 02:49 PM
My 6-year old daughter recovering from her 3d surgery this year (14th in under 3 years) to help correct issues with her cleft lip & palate. She tolerates so much and is so positive about it. The doctor comes into her room to check her out and he said he is sorry it hurts and she says "it is okay, I know you are trying to help me."

F-ing love that kid.

sandsjames
08-30-2016, 03:02 PM
My 6-year old daughter recovering from her 3d surgery this year (14th in under 3 years) to help correct issues with her cleft lip & palate. She tolerates so much and is so positive about it. The doctor comes into her room to check her out and he said he is sorry it hurts and she says "it is okay, I know you are trying to help me."

F-ing love that kid.

TBH, from the picture I would never be able to tell she has a cleft lip/palate. The doctor is doing an amazing job.

Mjölnir
09-12-2016, 10:14 PM
TBH, from the picture I would never be able to tell she has a cleft lip/palate. The doctor is doing an amazing job.

Thanks. It swaps back and forth between him (chief of plastic surgery at Johns Hopkins) and a guy in CA about who is the #1 cleft repair Doctor in the country. Best deal in military med one is swapping out of tricare for Johns Hopkins

Mjölnir
09-12-2016, 10:14 PM

Thanks. It swaps back and forth between him (chief of plastic surgery at Johns Hopkins) and a guy in CA about who is the #1 cleft repair Doctor in the country. Best deal in military med one is swapping out of tricare for Johns Hopkins

Mjölnir
09-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Birthday grilling with my wife and daughter. Going to have a bonfire and s'mores later.

Add to that having all week off ...

#winning

Mjölnir
09-14-2016, 02:40 PM

This is where we started:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/fjellmjolnir/Emma%20Cleft_zpszobchdup.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/fjellmjolnir/Emma%20Cleft%201_zpstjjnayg0.jpg

sandsjames
09-14-2016, 02:55 PM
This is where we started:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/fjellmjolnir/Emma%20Cleft_zpszobchdup.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/fjellmjolnir/Emma%20Cleft%201_zpstjjnayg0.jpg

Pretty amazing...

Rusty Jones
09-16-2016, 07:15 PM
So, my wife and I switched auto insurance; and I had to send the new declaration to the banks, since I'm financing my vehicle. Well, my wife is the one who takes care of the insurance, and I had to go through her email in order to reset the password so I could log into the insurance websites.

Well... as soon as I looked into the email, I saw a scam email from debt collector; claiming that she took out a $1,000 cash advance; and they threatened her with arrest by the "Financial Crimes Enforcement Network" if she didn't pay back that money.

So what did I do? I took a restroom break, snapped a picture of my dick, and responded with it. I told them "please open attachment to see credit card information."

Yes, it made me happy. I patted myself on the back for it.

Mjölnir
09-16-2016, 08:21 PM
So, my wife and I switched auto insurance; and I had to send the new declaration to the banks, since I'm financing my vehicle. Well, my wife is the one who takes care of the insurance, and I had to go through her email in order to reset the password so I could log into the insurance websites.

Well... as soon as I looked into the email, I saw a scam email from debt collector; claiming that she took out a $1,000 cash advance; and they threatened her with arrest by the "Financial Crimes Enforcement Network" if she didn't pay back that money.

So what did I do? I took a restroom break, snapped a picture of my dick, and responded with it. I told them "please open attachment to see credit card information."

Yes, it made me happy. I patted myself on the back for it.

Well done.

Did you send it as a zip file ;)

garhkal
09-17-2016, 06:04 AM

Yes, it made me happy. I patted myself on the back for it.Well done.

Did you send it as a zip file ;)

Now that was a cool way to respond!

Mjölnir
11-26-2016, 10:47 AM
My gym had a cardio cinema room where they show a movie all day, nice distraction from the cardio machine.

I did an extra 27 minutes of cardio to finish watching the Goonies.

Rainmaker
12-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Rainmaker's former High School winning its 4th straight Maryland State Football Championship (6th overall) at the Navy's field in Annapolis.

Amazingly they've only lost 1 game in that 4 year period and set a state record for points in a season — 682. While running the same old-school Wing-T offense.

Even more impressive, in a day and age when many kids tend to emulate the reprehensible behavior of professional athletes, these coaches still do it the right way.

Now, It ain't Big school football, with D1 recruits running 4.4 fourties all over the field (like in some other states). But, this is one of those places, where young men are still required to say "Yes Sir/No Sir" and those who want the privilege of strapping it up in front of their small mountain town on Friday nights get pushed both physically and mentally during the breaking in period.

There's no "taking a knee" in front of the Stars and Stripes in Allegany County.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FH_Football/status/807743676856274944/photo/1

Mjölnir
12-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Rainmaker's former High School winning its 4th straight Maryland State Football Championship (6th overall) at the Navy's field in Annapolis.

Amazingly they've only lost 1 game in that 4 year period and set a state record for points in a season — 682. While running the same old-school Wing-T offense.

Even more impressive, in a day and age when many kids tend to emulate the reprehensible behavior of professional athletes, these coaches still do it the right way.

Now, It ain't Big school football, with D1 recruits running 4.4 fourties all over the field (like in some other states). But, this is one of those places, where young men are still required to say "Yes Sir/No Sir" and those who want the privilege of strapping it up in front of their small mountain town on Friday nights get pushed both physically and mentally during the breaking in period.

There's no "taking a knee" in front of the Stars and Stripes in Allegany County.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FH_Football/status/807743676856274944/photo/1

I live not too far from the Stadium in Annapolis, we drove by on SAT morning on our way to catch the bus to the Army / Navy Game and saw some of the folks from both schools getting stuff ready the game. Congrats :)

Mjölnir
02-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Coming into work and finding in my inbox that one of our Sailors has been awarded the Navy & Marine Corps Medal (non-combat heroism).

The Sailor (E4) pulled a guy out of a burning car, was slightly injured in the process.

Mjölnir
06-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Selected for CDR (O5) ... yay!

garhkal
06-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Good for you MJ..

retiredAFcivvy
06-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Selected for CDR (O5) ... yay!
Congratulations!

retiredAFcivvy
06-17-2017, 04:57 PM