PDA

View Full Version : Not so "smart"

sandsjames
12-31-2014, 01:39 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/30/opinion/friedman-new-years-resolution-workplace/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Not shocking at all, really.

Rainmaker
12-31-2014, 03:50 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/30/opinion/friedman-new-years-resolution-workplace/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Not shocking at all, really.

Speaking of smart phones. Rainmaker Got a new one for CHRIST-mas. Anyone know, What do it mean when it turns itself on and a loud Amber alert goes off saying "we control the transmission" then it starts playing " I am the eye in the sky, looking at you, i can read your mind"?? and then charges $1.99 to his I-Tunes account, Is this a feature he can disable hisself??

Measure Man
12-31-2014, 04:15 PM
I tried a smartphone a couple years ago.

After my contract was up I downgraded back to a basic flip phone.

Mata Leao
12-31-2014, 07:19 PM

I understand what you mean. Rather than downgrading all the way to a flip phone, I'll probably sale my too expensive iPhone and downgrade to a not as smart, smart phone for $30. That way if I break it or lose it, I won't care. Metro PCS has $30 smart phones. I'm already on T-Mobile so everything will be basically the same.

Measure Man
12-31-2014, 07:38 PM
I understand what you mean. Rather than downgrading all the way to a flip phone, I'll probably sale my too expensive iPhone and downgrade to a not as smart, smart phone for $30. That way if I break it or lose it, I won't care. Metro PCS has $30 smart phones. I'm already on T-Mobile so everything will be basically the same.

I'm on Verizon because it's the only provider that has service on base.

I don't miss my smartphone at all...one of the best things I like about the basic phone is I'm not constantly tied to a charger or fear having my phone die when I most need it...I charge my phone once a week, if that.

LogDog
12-31-2014, 07:53 PM
My friends have "smart" phones and they were comparing them when they asked me about mine. I pulled out my phone and said it is a "dumb" phone; it only makes and receives phone calls. I used it mainly for emergencies and when I'm away from home. Other than that it's off most of the time. It cost me $20 per month with 60 minutes of talk time per month with a maximum of 60 minutes that rollover each month. When I have a need to connect to the internet away from home and I use my Kindle Fire HD which costs me $15 a month for 250 mb. I've never gone over my limits on either.

TJMAC77SP
12-31-2014, 09:36 PM

I am just about there. I hate my phone. I loved my Motorola flip phone. I also like my blackberry so I may go back to that. Not as capable as the iphone or an android but it always did the trick for me.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
12-31-2014, 11:03 PM
I use a flip phone when I'm out and about. $10 per month. No need or desire for Internet access when away from the house.