PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules on PCS-ing overseas while pregnant?

ChaosTony
12-23-2014, 09:28 PM
I can't find an AFI or Reg anywhere, and random Googling is giving me topics on pregnant dependent spouses.

My wife is set to PCS to Kunsan AFB unaccompananed between January 20th to March 1st (less than 3 months away). We just found out today that she's pregnant (3 weeks at the most), and now we're wondering what's going to happen to her orders?

A friend of mine PCS'd to Germany while pregnant, but I can't find a reg or anything anywhere. She has a meeting with the LT in Women's health tomorrow, but I'm trying to get her peace of mind (or a definitive answer) before then.

Measure Man
12-23-2014, 09:54 PM
I can't find an AFI or Reg anywhere, and random Googling is giving me topics on pregnant dependent spouses.

My wife is set to PCS to Kunsan AFB unaccompananed between January 20th to March 1st (less than 3 months away). We just found out today that she's pregnant (3 weeks at the most), and now we're wondering what's going to happen to her orders?

A friend of mine PCS'd to Germany while pregnant, but I can't find a reg or anything anywhere. She has a meeting with the LT in Women's health tomorrow, but I'm trying to get her peace of mind (or a definitive answer) before then.

I can't imagine they'll let her go to Kunsan while pregnant.

I'd give a call to the Med Group office that does the Overseas medical clearance and inform them she's had a change to her medical situation...I forget the name of the office, but she probably routed a form to them when she first got orders or they did a record check on her.

I don't think there is a reg that says "you can't PCS with this or that condition"...but when you first get orders, if you have certain conditions the form goes to the gaining base Med Group and they either approve or disapprove your PCS based on their clinic capability. If you don't have anything significant then your losing base can sign off on the form.

I'll bet $10i that her orders will be cancelled

INGUARD
12-27-2014, 01:13 PM

I am stationed in Korea and I have seen "spouses" PCS here and to Germany as long as they were not in their third trimester.

Based on the pregnancy time frame, I figured she could PCS but I guess you do not want her to go based on her pregnant condition. I would agree with Measure that if she goes to medical and gets the situation document, her orders could be deleted. Good luck.

Airborne
12-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Just admit that you guys planned on getting her knocked her hoping that she wouldnt have to go.