PDA

View Full Version : Offutt WX MSgt killed in accident

jshiver15
12-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Hey all, I'm not sure if anyone had heard about the Offutt MSgt killed in an accident last week, but I am hosting an online fundraiser for his family. I know it's likely against the forum rules to share it here, so if you're interested in contributing or even sharing the link on your FB pages or other social media, then please private message me.

Thank you all.

Here is the link: http://www.gofundme.com/iz2ux8
Thank you to Mjölnir for allowing me to share the link.

Mjölnir
12-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Hey all, I'm not sure if anyone had heard about the Offutt MSgt killed in an accident last week, but I am hosting an online fundraiser for his family. I know it's likely against the forum rules to share it here, so if you're interested in contributing or even sharing the link on your FB pages or other social media, then please private message me.

Thank you all.

Feel free to post the link ... Just explain what it is and don't embed it ... Otherwise good to go.

I can even make it an announcement so it is at the top of the MTF homepage if you would like.

jshiver15
12-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Thank you. We're raising funds for funeral and travel expenses for MSgt Beckmann. His service will be in Georgia, so obviously there will be some financial logistics to cover for transport not for only him, but for his family. At the very least, please share the link. Thank you all very much.

http://www.gofundme.com/iz2ux8

jshiver15
12-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Also, yes, please make it an announcement. Thank you.

fufu
12-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Are you refering to the canoe accident?

jshiver15
12-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Yes. He and another MSgt (a friend of mine) were in that accident.

fufu
12-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Yes. He and another MSgt (a friend of mine) were in that accident.

Thats too bad. Were they wearing life jackets? The articles I read didn't say. I imagine the water was....extremely cold....so chances of surviving without a LJ are minimal.

jshiver15
12-22-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm not really sure on the details; but I would assume they were because my friend was in the water upwards of 50 minutes. He suffered some potentially permanent nerve and muscle damage, along with wounds all over his body from the shards of ice.

Measure Man
12-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear...condolences to his friends and family.

UncaRastus
12-22-2014, 05:41 PM
My condolences to his family.