PDA

View Full Version : Cuba embargo

sandsjames
12-17-2014, 03:40 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/17/politics/cuba-alan-gross-deal/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

At last, a move that makes sense and is far overdue.

Measure Man
12-17-2014, 03:49 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/17/politics/cuba-alan-gross-deal/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

At last, a move that makes sense and is far overdue.

Agreed. I think we can safely say at this point that the embargo has not worked in overthrowing Castro.

The only thing it has accomplished is making the poor people poorer and strengthening Castro's hold over them.

sandsjames
12-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Agreed. I think we can safely say at this point that the embargo has not worked in overthrowing Castro.

The only thing it has accomplished is making the poor people poorer and strengthening Castro's hold over them.

As well as the fact that we have nothing to lose by "easing" restrictions.

sandsjames
12-17-2014, 03:57 PM
I do find it interesting, though, that the headline has the word "crack" in it, with us having a black President. Coincidence? Or racist??

Rainmaker
12-17-2014, 04:01 PM
I do find it interesting, though, that the headline has the word "crack" in it, with us having a black President. Coincidence? Or racist??

Does this mean all the criminals from the Mariel boat lift that turned South Florida into a third-world shit hole can go home now?

sandsjames
12-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Does this mean all the criminals from the Mariel boat lift that turned South Florida into a third-world shit hole can go home now?Well, hopefully this will help improve their economy to some point and there won't be as many trying to get here. Probably won't make any difference, but it can't hurt.

Rainmaker
12-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Well, hopefully this will help improve their economy to some point and there won't be as many trying to get here. Probably won't make any difference, but it can't hurt.

sure the Banksters have already bought up the beach front property. It's all about Russia. We are collapsing the rubel through manipulated oil prices, and don't wan't them moving troops into their historical ally Cuba. Very dangerous time right now. But, did you see Kim Kardashian's ass?

sandsjames
12-17-2014, 04:13 PM
sure the Banksters have already bought up the beach front property. It's all about Russia. We are collapsing the rubel through manipulated oil prices, and don't wan't them moving troops into their historical ally Cuba. Very dangerous time right now. But, did you see Kim Kardashian's ass?

We can manipulate those prices as much as we want if I can keep paying $1.99 a gallon.

Rainmaker
12-17-2014, 04:34 PM
We can manipulate those prices as much as we want if I can keep paying $1.99 a gallon.

And that's the trick. We've been getting F#@KED So long you actually feel good about a $1.99. It's how they fleeced us through an inflationary tax for the last decade. Oh well. CUBAN CIGARS FOR ERRBODY!!!!

sandsjames
12-17-2014, 04:40 PM
And that's the trick. We've been getting F#@KED So long you actually feel good about a $1.99. It's how they fleeced us through an inflationary tax for the last decade.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that $1.99 is good in the overall picture. But relative to what it's been, I'll take advantage of it while I can.

Especially since we pay about 3 times more for a gallon of bottled water than for a gallon of gas.

Rainmaker
12-17-2014, 05:11 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that $1.99 is good in the overall picture. But relative to what it's been, I'll take advantage of it while I can.
Especially since we pay about 3 times more for a gallon of bottled water than for a gallon of gas.

yeah, It's kind of like an abusive relationship. Were the Husband (Government/corporation) beats the shit out of the wife (citizens) daily, and then twice a year brings her flowers and chocolate and she thinks he really loves her, and gives him another chance.

http://vimeo.com/44583147

Rollyn01
12-17-2014, 05:31 PM
yeah, It's kind of like an abusive relationship. Were the Husband (Government/corporation) beats the shit out of the wife (citizens) daily, and then twice a year brings her flowers and chocolate and she thinks he really loves her, and gives him another chance.

http://vimeo.com/44583147

Twice?!?!? More like once and it comes with a bunch of new rules to follow just to get the flowers. Happy Anniversary bitch!!! Now make me a sandwich before a throw you in the garbage and fuck your sister (China).