PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley protestors block trains and freeways again.

garhkal
12-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Since we have laws preventing people in cars from blocking intersections, outlets from shopping centers, people going onto freeways and Jay walking laws to prevent people walking in the middle of roads, how in gods green earth are these protestors NOT breaking the law with their continual blocking of traffic on highways/freeways and train tracks?

http://www.kfbk.com/articles/kfbk-news-461777/berkeley-protesters-block-i80-traffic-and-13046123

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/12/09/berkeley-protests-block-highway-trains.html

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/12/9/chokehold-protestberkeleythirdnight.html

It makes me wonder if, someone in traffic (or the train drivers) just kept on moving and ran people over, would THEY be the ones arrested?

MikeKerriii
12-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Since we have laws preventing people in cars from blocking intersections, outlets from shopping centers, people going onto freeways and Jay walking laws to prevent people walking in the middle of roads, how in gods green earth are these protestors NOT breaking the law with their continual blocking of traffic on highways/freeways and train tracks?

http://www.kfbk.com/articles/kfbk-news-461777/berkeley-protesters-block-i80-traffic-and-13046123

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/12/09/berkeley-protests-block-highway-trains.html

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/12/9/chokehold-protestberkeleythirdnight.html

It makes me wonder if, someone in traffic (or the train drivers) just kept on moving and ran people over, would THEY be the ones arrested?
You realy can't tell the legal diffence between posible trafic citations and attempted murder? So sad.

giggawatt
12-10-2014, 10:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsTPvmDV67s

sandsjames
12-10-2014, 11:22 AM
You realy can't tell the legal diffence between posible trafic citations and attempted murder? So sad.

I hate to bring this up but your posts many have a little more credibility if you had any idea how to spell.

sandsjames
12-10-2014, 11:24 AM

I know that at Beale there are constantly protesters outside the gates protesting the drones. They are fine until they start blocking traffic. Once that happens, the police get involved.

As far as running them over, yes, the driver would be arrested, if it was proven that no attempt to avoid, or stop, was made. Inconvenience of being late to work is no reason to start running people over. But the cops should definitely get them out of the way, though that would probably end up being considered excessive force.

Mata Leao
12-10-2014, 12:37 PM
I hate to bring this up but your posts many have a little more credibility if you had any idea how to spell.

Seriously?

sandsjames
12-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Seriously?Yes...seriously. A typo is one thing. Misspelling almost every word in the sentence is another. Very difficult to take someone seriously when they don't even attempt to appear slightly educated.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Yes...seriously. A typo is one thing. Misspelling almost every word in the sentence is another. Very difficult to take someone seriously when they don't even attempt to appear slightly educated.

I think he is typing his posts on a cellphone while wearing mittens.

sandsjames
12-10-2014, 03:47 PM

I remember mittens...do they still make those?

Absinthe Anecdote
12-10-2014, 04:19 PM
I remember mittens...do they still make those?

Mittens rock!

Admittedly, you can't do much in them except look cute and stay warm.

I go for the extra cute look, so I have a pair of black mittens with a Hello Kitty face made from silver and pink rhinestones on the right mitten.

I punched a biker in the forehead for laughing at me, and it made a big Hello Kitty imprint, so they are good for that.

Mata Leao
12-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Yes...seriously. A typo is one thing. Misspelling almost every word in the sentence is another. Very difficult to take someone seriously when they don't even attempt to appear slightly educated.

My point, that you must have missed is, when correcting someone, make sure your own house is in order. Would you tell someone to take their hands out of their pockets while you were wearing a red backpack (in uniform of course)?

MikeKerriii
12-10-2014, 06:08 PM

Nope, just with partially paralyzed hands

sandsjames
12-10-2014, 06:10 PM
My point, that you must have missed is, when correcting someone, make sure your own house is in order. Would you tell someone to take their hands out of their pockets while you were wearing a red backpack (in uniform of course)?Please point out my flaw so I may correct it. Unless you are commenting about me starting the sentence with "Very" instead of "It's very" or something along those lines.

And, just to point out, I always attempt to appear slightly educated.

sandsjames
12-10-2014, 06:11 PM
My point, that you must have missed is, when correcting someone, make sure your own house is in order. Would you tell someone to take their hands out of their pockets while you were wearing a red backpack (in uniform of course)?

And I would never tell someone to take their hands out of their pockets either way. That's what pockets are for.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Nope, just with partially paralyzed hands

What does that mean?

sandsjames
12-10-2014, 07:12 PM
What does that mean?Maybe he was sitting on them and they fell asleep?

TJMAC77SP
12-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Maybe he was sitting on them and they fell asleep?

I frapping AHTE when that happens!!

garhkal
12-10-2014, 09:17 PM
But the cops should definitely get them out of the way, though that would probably end up being considered excessive force.

With the liberalizing of our laws, it wouldn't surprise me one bit either.

One poster to the GOPUSA site made the comment, that
"if an ambulance or fire truck was made late getting to a crash site cause of the these protests blocking off traffic, would any of those protestors be held liable for someone's death, if it could be proven that they died DUE to the extra time it took the emergency services to get there cause of these protests?

Absinthe Anecdote
12-10-2014, 11:29 PM
"if an ambulance or fire truck was made late getting to a crash site cause of the these protests blocking off traffic, would any of those protestors be held liable for someone's death, if it could be proven that they died DUE to the extra time it took the emergency services to get there cause of these protests?

I could wile away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain

I'd unravel any riddle
For any individ'le
In trouble or in pain

Oh, I would tell you why
The ocean's near the shore
I could think of things I never thunk before
And then I'd sit and think some more

I would not be just a nuffin'
My head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain
I would dance and be merry
Life would be a ding-a-derry
If I only had a brain

garhkal
12-11-2014, 05:59 AM
So you think i (or that poster) is brainless for asking the question?
Guess if your loved ones were in that situation the question raises, you wouldn't be so willing to ignore it.

giggawatt
12-11-2014, 10:58 AM
I frapping AHTE when that happens!!

I can't take this post seriously. What do milk shakes have to do with anything?

Absinthe Anecdote
12-11-2014, 11:35 AM
So you think i (or that poster) is brainless for asking the question?
Guess if your loved ones were in that situation the question raises, you wouldn't be so willing to ignore it.

Contrary to what you might have heard, there is a such thing as a dumb question.

Pondering the hypothetical possibilities of launching a successful lawsuit against a mob of protesters, well, that seems akin to the Scarecrow conferrin' with the flowers and consultin' with the rain.

On second thought, scratch that.

Scarecrow has far more charm and grace to wile away the hours contemplating the many ways an angry mob can be irresponsible.

I just don't see Scarecrow doing that.

Besides, I'd much rather hear his thoughts on why the ocean is near the shore.

TJMAC77SP
12-11-2014, 01:48 PM
I can't take this post seriously. What do milk shakes have to do with anything?

I think you are confused . That would be Frappéing

giggawatt
12-11-2014, 08:10 PM
I think you are confused . That would be Frappéing

Is that the thing that happened when the Kim K's milkshake brought all the boys to her yard>

MikeKerriii
12-12-2014, 01:56 AM
What does that mean?

It means between both hands I have full control of only three damned fingers.

TJMAC77SP
12-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Is that the thing that happened when the Kim K's milkshake brought all the boys to her yard>

Could be. I gotta admit I get a kick out of that song. Then again I also like Don't Cha by the Pussycat Dolls.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-12-2014, 02:04 PM
It means between both hands I have full control of only three damned fingers.

Does this and your references to mortars and rockets mean that we are supposed to shut the fuck up and let you win arguments?