PDA

View Full Version : SECDEF Hagel resigning...

Measure Man
11-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Well, he didn't last too long.

What's the scoop? I've heard:

1) He wanted a more hard-line approached to Syria that was at odds with the Pres.

2) He just wasn't very engaged in the job, rarely gave input during meetings and just didn't seem focused on the job.

MitchellJD1969
11-24-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm thinking either:

Scapegoat for crappy handling of the military by the current administration

or

Didnt agree with the administrations direction/policies concerning the military

either way its a clusterF*uck in DC no matter how you look at it.

giggawatt
12-03-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm kind of puzzled at why there isn't more talk about this around here. I heard the same thing. He was at odds with the POTUS but I read that it had to do with ISIS.

I wonder if he'll write a book and throw the administration under the bus. From what I recall, Gates wasn't a big fan of the POTUS.

Absinthe Anecdote
12-03-2014, 01:30 PM
I'm kind of puzzled at why there isn't more talk about this around here. I heard the same thing. He was at odds with the POTUS but I read that it had to do with ISIS.

I wonder if he'll write a book and throw the administration under the bus. From what I recall, Gates wasn't a big fan of the POTUS.

I heard one of CNNs reporters/guests on their Sunday morning political show, State of the Union, claim he went to cabinet meetings and was silent. Supposedly never gave input unless asked a direct question.

Perhaps that could be from holding a grudge from a previous argument or disagreement.

TJMAC77SP
12-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I heard one of CNNs reporters/guests on their Sunday morning political show, State of the Union, claim he went to cabinet meetings and was silent. Supposedly never gave input unless asked a direct question.

Perhaps that could be from holding a grudge from a previous argument or disagreement.

I have heard that but it seemed it was more of a recent development. Could be the National Security team had froze him out of some decisions (which is something else that has been reported). Add to that his obvious (and public) disagreement with the strategy on dealing with ISIS (or ISIL or whatever the weekly name for the group is) and his demise was pretty much sealed

Rainmaker
12-03-2014, 02:23 PM
So, we get our 4th Change of direction in 6 years. This is no way to run a railroad!

It's Rainmaker's opinion that he never had a shot from the start.

There were forces aligned against him and he was facing an uphill battle to be successful.

Say what you want. There is no denying that Chuck Hagel is a patriot that shed his blood on the battlefield for This country and makes his own decisions. This country would be better off if we had more Chuck Hagels in Politics.

http://www.omaha.com/news/chuck-hagel-s-lifetime-lessons-from-battlefield/article_824311ce-0c73-57ef-9573-25eb3cebfdd6.html