PDA

View Full Version : Would Legal and Socially Acceptable Prostitution in the US Cause a Cultural Change?

Rusty Jones
10-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Much like USN-Retired started the thread about military spouses holding the cards in marriage, I decided to go the other route and talk about gender relations "in general" here.

First, I want to clarify what I mean by "legal" prostitution: one can bring up the state of Nevada, and how gender relations there are no different from the rest of the country. However, in Nevada's case, the state simply makes no laws against it; and local governments within the state are free to outlaw it. Furthermore, the municipalities that DO allow prostitution only make it legal to use licensed brothels with firm restrictions on what services can and can't be performed and how they're performed, and - more importantly - they're prohibitively expensive.

So, when I say "legal" prostitution, I mean completely free from the restrictions found throughout Nevada.

Second, to clarify what I mean by "socially acceptable" prostitution: in many places, like the Netherlands, prostitutes aren't generally looked down on. In fact, it's a respected profession just like any other. Furthermore, many men AND women in the US feel that men who use the services of a prostitute do so, because they can't get it for free. I'm going to break down why that's flawed thinking, and why it's actually harmful.

-I've used this example many times before. Charlie Sheen pays for sex all the time, and has probably had more "free" sex than all of us combined.

-For men, there's no such thing as "free" sex. And I don't mean this in the way most men do, by talking about having to pay for dates. What I mean is, how many times has a woman that you'd recently had casual sex with called you for something, and if you say "no," she'll remind you that she had sex with you? Of course, the fact that YOU had sex with HER, doesn't matter. The item of value is only on HER end. Have any of you ever made the mistake of having sex with a woman who owes you money? At least with a prostitute, the price is agreed upon up front. As long she gets her money, that's all she cares about.

-I think that non-prostitute women like to use this shaming, in order to maintain a monopoly on vagina. If you've got nowhere else to run, you have to do their bidding in order to get laid.

-As men, we have to meet a standard in order to get laid. We've gotta have a job, a car, be in shape, dress well, etc, etc. What do women have to do? Have a hole between their legs. Men will fuck a 300 lb unhygienic loudmouth single mom of six - and, as a result, she'll CONTIUNUE to be like that because she knows that men will still have sex with her anyway. As men, if we don't meet the standards, we don't get laid. This FORCES us to get our shit together. We have an incentive to. Women don't.

-If shelling out some cash to have sex with a chick who looks like a fucking model was legal, the affect would be two-fold: that 300 lb fatass? No one's going to have sex with her anymore. Also, attractive non-prostitute women would be fed a much needed slice of humble pie... as prostitution provides a way of getting sex from a woman, without having to put up with any shit in order to get it. And the money can be far more than worth it. Both the unnattractive and the attractive would be forced to get their shit together.

In other words, it would allow men to have something to tide them over until they find a woman who meets whatever standard that they set.

In the context of this particular thread, women hold the cards. I believe that legalizing prostitution would create sexual equilibrium.

Don't get me wrong, I never once minded having to do certain things to get a woman's attention or to win a woman's affections; but wouldn't it be nice if women had to meet men half-way on this?

Rusty Jones
10-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Here's my issue. Any woman worth being with isn't going to change who she is for some guy who's going to go pay for sex with some used up hooker. Now, if you want to convince women with no self respect to treat you better then it might work. But a woman who's worth being in a relationship with? Not a chance.

Actually, a man doesn't even HAVE to use a hooker to benefit from this. Hookers only need to be available. Secondly, if using hookers becomes a new norm... women won't have much of a choice.

Ever see the movie Chasing Amy? As men, we have to accept a woman's sexual past. Who says that they shouldn't accept ours?

sandsjames
10-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Actually, a man doesn't even HAVE to use a hooker to benefit from this. Hookers only need to be available. Secondly, if using hookers becomes a new norm... women won't have much of a choice. Again, I disagree. A woman with any self respect wouldn't feel the need to cater to a man because of this. The insecure women would be the ones it affected and those are already the ones who are doing whatever it takes.

Ever see the movie Chasing Amy? As men, we have to accept a woman's sexual past. Who says that they shouldn't accept ours?I did see it, until the 2 guys started touching each other.

I'm not saying we shouldn't accept their past and they shouldn't accept ours. I'm talking about what happens during the relationship and nobody should accept someone using the threat of nailing a hooker to change the way the woman acts.

Rusty Jones
10-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Again, I disagree. A woman with any self respect wouldn't feel the need to cater to a man because of this. The insecure women would be the ones it affected and those are already the ones who are doing whatever it takes.

I did see it, until the 2 guys started touching each other.

I'm not saying we shouldn't accept their past and they shouldn't accept ours. I'm talking about what happens during the relationship and nobody should accept someone using the threat of nailing a hooker to change the way the woman acts.

Okay, you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. You're speaking in the context of infidelity, or a woman trying to keep a man that she's already in a relationship with away from prostitutes.

That's not what I'm talking about.

What I AM talking about is how, right now, sex is far more easily accessible to women than it is to men. Thus, they're able to use sex as leverage. Legalized prostitution would take that away.

SomeRandomGuy
10-29-2014, 12:45 PM
As men, we have to meet a standard in order to get laid. We've gotta have a job, a car, be in shape, dress well, etc, etc. What do women have to do? Have a hole between their legs. Men will fuck a 300 lb unhygienic loudmouth single mom of six - and, as a result, she'll CONTIUNUE to be like that because she knows that men will still have sex with her anyway. As men, if we don't meet the standards, we don't get laid. This FORCES us to get our shit together. We have an incentive to. Women don't.

Are you sure it is that much easier for women to get sex than men? What about this guy? He has father 34 children with 17 different women. It doesn't seem to me like all 17 of those women were like this dude has 34 children but he seems to have his shit together. He's in shape, has a job and dresses well.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-man-fathers-34-children-with-17-different-women/

efmbman
10-29-2014, 12:49 PM
As men, we have to accept a woman's sexual past. Who says that they shouldn't accept ours?

I don't know... I've always sensed that there are two different sets of rules. For example, if a man states that he will not date / be with a woman that is fat then that man is ostracized for being insensitive to women, perpetuating a stereotypical body image most women cannot achieve, etc. But it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to state that she will not date / be with a man that is under 6 feet tall. A woman can (in most cases) lose weight. It is unlikely that a man that is 5'6" can grow 6".

Thus, they're able to use sex as leverage. Legalized prostitution would take that away.

Wouldn't prostitutes still be able to refuse service? Would they be able to charge more to the less desirable clients? Call it a hardship tax. Still leverage in a way.

Rusty Jones
10-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Are you sure it is that much easier for women to get sex than men? What about this guy? He has father 34 children with 17 different women. It doesn't seem to me like all 17 of those women were like this dude has 34 children but he seems to have his shit together. He's in shape, has a job and dresses well.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-man-fathers-34-children-with-17-different-women/

Yeah, but not every man can pull that off. I remember not to long ago - and I was shocked to read this, because I thought that the number was much higher - but supposedly, the average number of sex partners that the average American male has had by the age of 30 is only about 7 (though, to be honest, this information was obtained through surveys... and there's probably other stats to contradict this).

I don't know... I've always sensed that there are two different sets of rules. For example, if a man states that he will not date / be with a woman that is fat then that man is ostracized for being insensitive to women, perpetuating a stereotypical body image most women cannot achieve, etc. But it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to state that she will not date / be with a man that is under 6 feet tall. A woman can (in most cases) lose weight. It is unlikely that a man that is 5'6" can grow 6".

Exactly; and I'm not to keen on the whole "nice guy shaming" that's been going on all over the internet lately - you know, where "nice guy" complain that women overlook them for "jerks;" and then the response is that "nice guys" aren't really "nice," because they have a sense of entitlement and are using their "niceness" as a means to an end.

The "meat and potatoes" of this argument appears to be no one should be telling women who they should and shouldn't be dating. But... people tell men all the time, right?

But that's talk for a different thread.

Wouldn't prostitutes still be able to refuse service? Would they be able to charge more to the less desirable clients? Call it a hardship tax. Still leverage in a way.

Of course they can. But they're only hurting themselves. Not only are they sending business over to the next prostitute, but the guy she turned away could've had dozens of friends he could have sent her way, if he knew her product. By turning away business from one man, she turned away business from many others.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-29-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't see how legalized prostitution would cause a major cultural shift in the behavior of American women.

Men already have numerous options for having sex.

There are plenty of fish in the sea. It doesn't matter if you are paying for it as a business transaction, or paying for it by being charming and taking a woman on dates.

If you don't like a particular female, then go find another.

I don't understand what behavior it is that you think would change.

Do you think that females would suddenly start competing for the attention of men?

They already do that! Why do you think they spend time in the gym, wear cosmetics, wear pretty dresses, and have their have fixed up at salons?

Sounds like YOU have a problem competing with other men.

sandsjames
10-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Okay, you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. You're speaking in the context of infidelity, or a woman trying to keep a man that she's already in a relationship with away from prostitutes.

That's not what I'm talking about.

What I AM talking about is how, right now, sex is far more easily accessible to women than it is to men. Thus, they're able to use sex as leverage. Legalized prostitution would take that away.IF there was no stigma attached then I might agree. But the stigma will always be there in this country. And I think those guys who are going to pay for it, in this country, are going to do it whether it's legal or not.

Men use money as leverage. It is perfectly legal to be a gold digger. That doesn't mean that a guy has to feel they have to spend a lot of money on a date, gifts, etc. It just means that those guys who feel they need to do so, will. It's a give an take, mostly for people who put sex and money at the forefront of any encounter with the opposite sex. And people wonder why the divorce rate is over 50%.

Rusty Jones
10-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Look, if you've still got issues with me; then leave it on the other thread. Let's leave the slate over here clean.

To respond to your points:

I don't see how legalized prostitution would cause a major cultural shift in the behavior of American women.

Men already have numerous options for having sex.

There are plenty of fish in the sea. It doesn't matter if you are paying for it as a business transaction, or paying for it by being charming and taking a woman on dates.

If you don't like a particular female, then go find another.

While it's true that men have numerous options for sex, prostitution is the only one where the transaction is completely closed as soon as both parties part ways. You won't see her or hear from her again. Unless you really liked the product and you want to go back. But that would be completely up to you.

I don't understand what behavior it is that you think would change.

Okay, I can give examples - look at all the stupid shit that men do for sex, and the even more stupid shit they do when they can't get it (Elliot Rodgers, anyone?). women have the ability to manipulate men into doing whatever they want, as long as vagina is the reward (or she can convince an idiotic male to THINK it's going to be the reward; either way, she's using it).

Do you think that females would suddenly start competing for the attention of men?

They already do that! Why do you think they spend time in the gym, wear cosmetics, wear pretty dresses, and have their have fixed up at salons?

You know, there have been plenty of blogs and articles slamming men for thinking that women do this for US; when the truth is... they don't. Maybe some do, but generally, they don't. Furthermore, you ever notice how the most beautiful women are often seen holding hands with the ugliest men? There's a reason for that... leverage.

Sounds like YOU have a problem competing with other men.

Nope, I'm a married man of nine years, and was married for three before that. My thoughts on this actually began to formulate based on self-destructive behavior that I've seen men engage in, all for the sake of getting their dicks wet.

Rusty Jones
10-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Men use money as leverage. It is perfectly legal to be a gold digger. That doesn't mean that a guy has to feel they have to spend a lot of money on a date, gifts, etc. It just means that those guys who feel they need to do so, will. It's a give an take, mostly for people who put sex and money at the forefront of any encounter with the opposite sex. And people wonder why the divorce rate is over 50%.

The difference? A woman can ALWAYS get her OWN money, thus protecting themselves from men who use money as leverage. A man can't get a vagina. I mean, I guess he could, but assuming that he still keeps his penis attached, he wouldn't be able to have sex with his own vagina...

sandsjames
10-29-2014, 02:49 PM
The difference? A woman can ALWAYS get her OWN money, thus protecting themselves from men who use money as leverage. A man can't get a vagina. I mean, I guess he could, but assuming that he still keeps his penis attached, he wouldn't be able to have sex with his own vagina...

A woman can get her own money, but it's much easier to gold dig, just as a man can find a woman who meets his needs, it's just a little more difficult.

I still can't comprehend the importance that is being put on sex. It must be, as I said before, the feeling of dominance that it gives some men.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Look, if you've still got issues with me; then leave it on the other thread. Let's leave the slate over here clean.

To respond to your points:

While it's true that men have numerous options for sex, prostitution is the only one where the transaction is completely closed as soon as both parties part ways. You won't see her or hear from her again. Unless you really liked the product and you want to go back. But that would be completely up to you.

Okay, I can give examples - look at all the stupid shit that men do for sex, and the even more stupid shit they do when they can't get it (Elliot Rodgers, anyone?). women have the ability to manipulate men into doing whatever they want, as long as vagina is the reward (or she can convince an idiotic male to THINK it's going to be the reward; either way, she's using it).

You know, there have been plenty of blogs and articles slamming men for thinking that women do this for US; when the truth is... they don't. Maybe some do, but generally, they don't. Furthermore, you ever notice how the most beautiful women are often seen holding hands with the ugliest men? There's a reason for that... leverage.

Nope, I'm a married man of nine years, and was married for three before that. My thoughts on this actually began to formulate based on self-destructive behavior that I've seen men engage in, all for the sake of getting their dicks wet.

It isn't much of an issue for me.

I enjoy the chase probably more than the actual act of having sex.

That's one reason why going to a prostitute isn't very appealing to me.

Charming my way into a pair of panties is always going to be more fun than paying for it straight up.

Plus, females do work for the attention of men. They become distraught if we don't call back, and become depressed over break ups.

I really don't see women holding men prisoner like they have a Stalinist lock on our sex lives.

Break free, get a divorce, find another woman if the one your with is a shrew.

Plenty of cool females out there, you just have to look.

Rusty Jones
10-29-2014, 03:10 PM
A woman can get her own money, but it's much easier to gold dig, just as a man can find a woman who meets his needs, it's just a little more difficult.

Gold digging really isn't that easy. Most men are smart enough to dodge a gold digger's attempts at gold digging. As far as the men that it DOES work on? You've got two types. 1. The sucker who keeps pumping money into her, hoping that a vagina will eventually come out (but never does), 2. The man who KNOWS that she's a gold digger, and that he's BOUGHT her - and is treating her accordingly. One of two different kinds of guys that few women actually want to deal with.

I still can't comprehend the importance that is being put on sex. It must be, as I said before, the feeling of dominance that it gives some men.

I don't feel that it gives men a "feeling of dominance." If anything, it gives men a feeling of validation, and I think that's the problem. Legalize prostitution, and vagina comes off the pedestal that so many men put it on.

sandsjames
10-29-2014, 03:23 PM
As far as the men that it DOES work on? You've got two types. 1. The sucker who keeps pumping money into her, hoping that a vagina will eventually come out (but never does), 2. The man who KNOWS that she's a gold digger, and that he's BOUGHT her - and is treating her accordingly. One of two different kinds of guys that few women actually want to deal with. And there are two different types of women that the "threat" of a man going to a prostitute works on. 1. Those with low confidence that are willing to anything to appease a man, 2. Those who also put the act of sex above the importance of everything else. One of two different kinds of women that few guys actually want to deal with.

I don't feel that it gives men a "feeling of dominance." If anything, it gives men a feeling of validation, and I think that's the problem. Legalize prostitution, and vagina comes off the pedestal that so many men put it on.If by "validation" you mean the same kind of validation that a participation trophy represents then, ok, I'll agree with that. Though the participation trophy means nothing more than "you showed up, so here you go". Not sure that's really validation of anything.

Rusty Jones
10-29-2014, 03:39 PM
It isn't much of an issue for me.

I enjoy the chase probably more than the actual act of having sex.

Some are like this, some aren't. As for me, I view it as "work" that is equally as valuable - of not more valuable - than money.

That's one reason why going to a prostitute isn't very appealing to me.

If you haven't done it before, then the frame of reference isn't there. Like I said before, I've only done it once and that was to get that one holy grail of all sex acts out of the way, as I got tired of looking for it "in the real world." I will tell you, that there was separate feeling of exhilaration that came with it.

Charming my way into a pair of panties is always going to be more fun than paying for it straight up.

But then, there's the aftermath. With prostitution, you bought it up front. The agreed upon price is paid, so you're not in debt afterwards.

Plus, females do work for the attention of men. They become distraught if we don't call back, and become depressed over break ups.

You know what's funny? A few months after my ex-wife and I separated, her boyfriend kicked her out of the house because he was tired of her shit. She was broke (he spent up of all my spousal support money). She sure as fuck knew that she'd better not be knocking on MY door. But you know something else? Within an hour of being given the boot, she had a place to stay that night.

It'd be nice to know that if I ended up homeless on the street, my penis would get me a place to stay. Well, it might... just not with a woman.

I really don't see women holding men prisoner like they have a Stalinist lock on our sex lives.

You've never heard of a woman threatening to withold sex? Admittedly, my sex drive has never really been that high... so I've actually been dumped a few times for not responding to these threats.

Break free, get a divorce, find another woman if the one your with is a shrew.

Plenty of cool females out there, you just have to look.

My wife's sex drive is higher than mine, so I'm good.

garhkal
10-29-2014, 06:42 PM
-I've used this example many times before. Charlie Sheen pays for sex all the time, and has probably had more "free" sex than all of us combined.

-For men, there's no such thing as "free" sex. And I don't mean this in the way most men do, by talking about having to pay for dates. What I mean is, how many times has a woman that you'd recently had casual sex with called you for something, and if you say "no," she'll remind you that she had sex with you? Of course, the fact that YOU had sex with HER, doesn't matter. The item of value is only on HER end. Have any of you ever made the mistake of having sex with a woman who owes you money? At least with a prostitute, the price is agreed upon up front. As long she gets her money, that's all she cares about.

Or the Girl friend/wife says "If you don't buy me xyz, you don't really love me, and so no nookie for you".
Guys pay for sex period. I personally see Nothing wrong with handing a woman cash directly for it, vice buying them some nice bling, or handing over my credit card so they can go on a shopping spree. Either way money is going out of the guy's pockets.

What I AM talking about is how, right now, sex is far more easily accessible to women than it is to men. Thus, they're able to use sex as leverage. Legalized prostitution would take that away.

And imo that is partially why so many women are against legalizing prostitution. It takes away one of their "points of power".

Just like many other aspects in society, there IS a double standard there. I have been on the receiving end of that ostracization before, but i know plenty of ladies who if they say the same thing "no black guys, no old guys etc" don't even get a wrong look.

They could, yes. But like everything else in a marketplace environ, there would be those gals who wouldn't charge that hardship fee', and therefore would be raking in more, thus those who did the refusal of service would lose out.

I don't feel that it gives men a "feeling of dominance." If anything, it gives men a feeling of validation, and I think that's the problem. Legalize prostitution, and vagina comes off the pedestal that so many men put it on.

I have often heard that phrase before, where men are putting the pussy on a pedestal. And with how i have seen some guys, i can see why its a common phrase.

efmbman
10-29-2014, 08:30 PM
I've read that brain scans during an orgasm closely resemble brain scans of someone on heroin. Certainly it is addictive. In addition, men can make unlimited sperm. Women are born with a finite amount of eggs. Men are willing to share their product with anyone... women are naturally more selective.

sandsjames
10-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Or the Girl friend/wife says "If you don't buy me xyz, you don't really love me, and so no nookie for you".

If you stay with a girl like that you deserve everything you get.

USN - Retired
10-30-2014, 01:02 AM
Is a housewife basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband? The hubby gives money to his housewife and the housewife has sex with her hubby. If the hubby stops giving money to his housewife, then what are the chances that the housewife will give the hubby any sex?

Just askin'.

Of course, I am assuming that the average housewife has regular sex with her hubby. That assumption of mine might be ridiculous.

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Is a housewife basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband? The hubby gives money to his housewife and the housewife has sex with her hubby. If the hubby stops giving money to his housewife, then what are the chances that the housewife will give the hubby any sex?

Just askin'.

Of course, I am assuming that the average housewife has regular sex with her hubby. That assumption of mine might be ridiculous.

This may be one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read.

TJMAC77SP
10-30-2014, 01:28 AM
This may be one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read.

Kinda think the whole thread is the same.

garhkal
10-30-2014, 04:38 AM
I've read that brain scans during an orgasm closely resemble brain scans of someone on heroin. Certainly it is addictive. In addition, men can make unlimited sperm. Women are born with a finite amount of eggs. Men are willing to share their product with anyone... women are naturally more selective.

Plus men can continue to produce and perform past their 50s, while with the gals, its rare to see them doing so past 40.

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 09:08 AM

Men having a higher sex drive than women because of reproductive capabilities isn't true. In all species of the animal kingdom, males have more reproductive capability. However, it's about evenly split among the species which sex has the higher sex drive.

Among gorillas - our third closest relative (second, if you consider bonobos and chimpanzees to be one) - females have a higher sex drive. They have to cajole males into sex. In fact, most of the females in the group want to have sex with the leading silverback; and he'll respond by ordering one of the subordinate males to have sex with her.

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Is a housewife basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband?

The hubby gives money to his housewife and the housewife has sex with her hubby. If the hubby stops giving money to his housewife, then what are the chances that the housewife will give the hubby any sex?

Just askin'.

That's one of the main things that I think legal prostitution would help with.

Too many married women these days DO feel that as long as they're having sex with their husbands, that they've done their job as a wife and that their husbands are in no position to ask for anything else. And not just working wives, either - even the stay-at-home wives. House filthy, laundry not done? She gave you some ass last night; do it yourself.

Well, fuck, if all you wanted was some "ass;" you might as WELL go visit a prostitute. And when you do that... women will know that they need to be able to offer alot more than just sex.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Some are like this, some aren't. As for me, I view it as "work" that is equally as valuable - of not more valuable - than money.

Matters such as this are relative to the individual. There was a time in my life that I viewed the pursuit of females as a hobby. The "work" you mention, takes no more time than a few hours chatting and having fun at a cocktail bar.

I was lucky enough to be single in my early thirties to mid thirties after a disaster of a marriage.

Love and sex are two completely different things in my opinion, and there is no need to twist them into a single strand.

If you haven't done it before, then the frame of reference isn't there. Like I said before, I've only done it once and that was to get that one holy grail of all sex acts out of the way, as I got tired of looking for it "in the real world." I will tell you, that there was separate feeling of exhilaration that came with it.

I've been to prostitutes overseas, never an American prostitute.

Once or twice there was some chemistry there and it was enjoyable, but overall, I can confidently say that paid for sex is lacking because it is merely a business transaction. I was just going through the motions. It was boring and there was no feeling of conquest.

But then, there's the aftermath. With prostitution, you bought it up front. The agreed upon price is paid, so you're not in debt afterwards.

I have no problem breaking off relationships. I see no need to feel obligated to stay with a woman just because we had sex.

There are plenty of women who go out for one-night stands. They aren't hard to find either. The vast majority of my sexual encounters have been of this variety.

I was also lucky enough to be a bartender during my prime. Plenty of girls go out looking for just sex.

I really don't get your view of the average American female that acts like a grumpy old miser with her pussy.

I've met plenty who give it up for free, no strings attached.

You know what's funny? A few months after my ex-wife and I separated, her boyfriend kicked her out of the house because he was tired of her shit. She was broke (he spent up of all my spousal support money). She sure as fuck knew that she'd better not be knocking on MY door. But you know something else? Within an hour of being given the boot, she had a place to stay that night.

It'd be nice to know that if I ended up homeless on the street, my penis would get me a place to stay. Well, it might... just not with a woman.

I don't know what to say about this. I have to wonder if your view of females was shaped in part by the bad experiences with your first wife.

You've never heard of a woman threatening to withold sex? Admittedly, my sex drive has never really been that high... so I've actually been dumped a few times for not responding to these threats.

Why bother with such a person? Move on to another.

I've only been married once, and I did feel like I was a prisoner. Then I realized that I was also the warden of that prison. When I realized that, I set myself free.

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 12:22 PM
That's one of the main things that I think legal prostitution would help with.

Too many married women these days DO feel that as long as they're having sex with their husbands, that they've done their job as a wife and that their husbands are in no position to ask for anything else. And not just working wives, either - even the stay-at-home wives. House filthy, laundry not done? She gave you some ass last night; do it yourself.

Well, fuck, if all you wanted was some "ass;" you might as WELL go visit a prostitute. And when you do that... women will know that they need to be able to offer alot more than just sex.Who does this? Who feels the need to go to a hooker because they feel their wife isn't doing her job? What kind of men are these?

Rainmaker
10-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Any Pu$$y a man gets in this world, he's gonna pay for one way or another.

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 12:47 PM
Any Pu$$y a man gets in this world, he's gonna pay for one way or another.If you look at a wife/girlfriend as "pussy" then I guess you're right. But if you are a guy who looks at a woman that way then I guess you deserve to pay for it.

I'm just amazed at the way people look at women. If derogatory comments like this were made about any other demographic, with all the stereotypes and disrespect...

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Who does this? Who feels the need to go to a hooker because they feel their wife isn't doing her job? What kind of men are these?

That's not what I said. What I said, is that many married women feel that their jobs as wives are DONE just because they had sex. When, if that's all her husband wanted, he would've been better off visiting hookers.

You KNOW that. Are you twising this on purpose?

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm just amazed at the way people look at women. If derogatory comments like this were made about any other demographic, with all the stereotypes and disrespect...

Not really, because an important part of this subject that we haven't gotten to is the stupid shit men do for sex. Us being, or having been, in the military; we've probably got far better stories than the general American population on this.

Prostitution, I believe, will fix this too.

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 02:58 PM
That's not what I said. What I said, is that many married women feel that their jobs as wives are DONE just because they had sex. When, if that's all her husband wanted, he would've been better off visiting hookers.

You KNOW that. Are you twising this on purpose?

Actually, he would have been better off hiring a housekeeper, in this case.

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Actually, he would have been better off hiring a housekeeper, in this case.

If all he wanted was sex? What housekeeping service have YOU been using? Does your wife know about it?

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 03:04 PM
If all he wanted was sex? What housekeeping service have YOU been using? Does your wife know about it?

You said his wife was giving him sex, just nothing else because she thought sex was enough. Not sure what a hooker would add, but the housekeeper could definitely tidy up around the place.

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 03:08 PM
You said his wife was giving him sex, just nothing else because she thought sex was enough. Not sure what a hooker would add, but the housekeeper could definitely tidy up around the place.

You say something to Rainmaker about looking at his wife or girlfriend as "pussy," and now you say this?

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 03:12 PM
You say something to Rainmaker about looking at his wife or girlfriend as "pussy," and now you say this?Not sure how the two relate. Your point was that housewives get lazy and feel that by having sex they no longer feel the need to do anything else, like doing the housewife duties. So the guy is already getting laid, which seems to be the most important thing via your statements, so what would a prostitute add? The only thing missing is someone taking care of the house.

Again, I'm not sure how my statement to RM relates to, or contradicts, what I'm saying. I'm just trying to figure out what you think a prostitute would add to the situation.

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Not sure how the two relate. Your point was that housewives get lazy and feel that by having sex they no longer feel the need to do anything else, like doing the housewife duties. So the guy is already getting laid, which seems to be the most important thing via your statements, so what would a prostitute add? The only thing missing is someone taking care of the house.

Again, I'm not sure how my statement to RM relates to, or contradicts, what I'm saying. I'm just trying to figure out what you think a prostitute would add to the situation.

No, what I'm saying is that if all she's doing is having sex; then he may as well have gone to prostitutes. I meant that, INSTEAD of getting married. At least prostitutes go away when not in use.

USN - Retired
10-30-2014, 03:24 PM
My thesis: A housewife is basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband.

I suspect that SJ disagrees with my thesis.

Here is an experiment which will either prove or disprove my thesis: SJ will inform his wife that he loves her very much. SJ will also inform his wife that he is quitting his job. SJ will inform his wife that he will no longer be providing her with any money, and that he wants to be a house-husband. He will inform his wife that she now must find employment to financially support their family. SJ will promise his wife that he will do a good job cooking and cleaning for them.

SJ will then report back to us and let us know how his wife responded to the news that he will no longer be giving her any money

Additionally, SJ will also report back to us at regualr intervals and let us know how much sex he has received from his wife since he informed her that he will no longer be giving her any money.

Other married men on the forum are welcome to conduct this experiment on their wives.

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 03:45 PM
My wife financially supported me for the seven months that followed be getting out of the Navy, up until I got my current job. So I'm lucky to have found a good one.

Contrary to what AA and SJ are suggesting, this has nothing to do with my past experiences. To be honest, I actually got off pretty light from the divorce from my first wife; and that's because she was many times nicer than she had to be.

Again, this all stems from the stupid, self-destructive things I'm seeing men do in order to get laid.

Going back to Elliot Rodgers; for example, he was pissed because he was a 22 year old virgin. If you've ever read his manifesto - and I really suggest you do, if you haven't (it was only about 120 pages), you'd see CLEARLY that had he experienced sex, he would've realized that it wasn't something worth killing or dying for. Buying the services of a prostitute would have helped him.

Sex is overrated, in my opinion. I'm sure every man can say that, on more than one occasion, after they were finished... the one thing going on in their minds is "Man! I did all that for THIS?"

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 04:00 PM
My thesis: A housewife is basically a prostitute with only one customer, i.e. her husband.

I suspect that SJ disagrees with my thesis. Absolutely. You know what the difference is? If I was to lose everything, she's stay with me. If I was injured and couldn't work, she would get a job. In addition, she doesn't spend my money. There is no "my money". What is it about this you can't comprehend?

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 04:07 PM
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/article/20141030/NEWS08/310300045/USFK-Troops-cannot-pay-companionship-juicy-girls-

Now tell me; do you think that this is not going to affect the relationship between male and female troops stationed there?

Rainmaker
10-30-2014, 04:11 PM
No, what I'm saying is that if all she's doing is having sex; then he may as well have gone to prostitutes. I meant that, INSTEAD of getting married. At least prostitutes go away when not in use.

You don't pay a prostitute for sex. you just pay her to leave afterward.

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 04:15 PM
My wife financially supported me for the seven months that followed be getting out of the Navy, up until I got my current job. So I'm lucky to have found a good one.

Contrary to what AA and SJ are suggesting, this has nothing to do with my past experiences. To be honest, I actually got off pretty light from the divorce from my first wife; and that's because she was many times nicer than she had to be.

Again, this all stems from the stupid, self-destructive things I'm seeing men do in order to get laid.

Going back to Elliot Rodgers; for example, he was pissed because he was a 22 year old virgin. If you've ever read his manifesto - and I really suggest you do, if you haven't (it was only about 120 pages), you'd see CLEARLY that had he experienced sex, he would've realized that it wasn't something worth killing or dying for. Buying the services of a prostitute would have helped him.

Sex is overrated, in my opinion. I'm sure every man can say that, on more than one occasion, after they were finished... the one thing going on in their minds is "Man! I did all that for THIS?"

With this, I will agree. Men will do crazy shit for sex...including paying for it.

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 04:32 PM
With this, I will agree. Men will do crazy shit for sex...including paying for it.

That doesn't count. Every man does it.

Absinthe Anecdote
10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
I went back and read the OP again, and I still don't get what Rusty's issue is with women.

There is a paragraph in the that complains about 300lb women getting laid, and a line about marginally hot women being fed humble pie by hot prostitutes.

He claims that both would have to "get their shit together" but doesn't really explains what that means.

Rusty Jones
10-30-2014, 05:20 PM
I went back and read the OP again, and I still don't get what Rusty's issue is with women.

There is a paragraph in the that complains about 300lb women getting laid, and a line about marginally hot women being fed humble pie by hot prostitutes.

He claims that both would have to "get their shit together" but doesn't really explains what that means.

I did.

If you look back at that 300 lb woman... can a man be like that, along with all of her problems that I mentioned, and still be able to get laid?

No, but a woman can.

Hell, if a man DOES have all of his shit together and KNOWS he does; even THAT becomes a turn-off for most women, because now he's too narcisisstic.

In other words, as men; we have to meet standards in order to get laid. Prostitution, I believe, will even things out.

sandsjames
10-30-2014, 05:48 PM
That doesn't count. Every man does it.No, they don't.

garhkal
10-30-2014, 06:05 PM

I suspect that SJ disagrees with my thesis.

Here is an experiment which will either prove or disprove my thesis: SJ will inform his wife that he loves her very much. SJ will also inform his wife that he is quitting his job. SJ will inform his wife that he will no longer be providing her with any money, and that he wants to be a house-husband. He will inform his wife that she now must find employment to financially support their family. SJ will promise his wife that he will do a good job cooking and cleaning for them.

SJ will then report back to us and let us know how his wife responded to the news that he will no longer be giving her any money

Additionally, SJ will also report back to us at regualr intervals and let us know how much sex he has received from his wife since he informed her that he will no longer be giving her any money.

Other married men on the forum are welcome to conduct this experiment on their wives.

"House husbands" while not a new thing, are on the rise. So there ARE women out there who seem to not have an issue with the role reversal.
But it would be interesting to see the actual #s on it.

Rainmaker
10-30-2014, 06:21 PM

Big Booty is man's Kryptonite. Gnomesayin?

Absinthe Anecdote
10-30-2014, 06:29 PM
I did.

If you look back at that 300 lb woman... can a man be like that, along with all of her problems that I mentioned, and still be able to get laid?

No, but a woman can.

Hell, if a man DOES have all of his shit together and KNOWS he does; even THAT becomes a turn-off for most women, because now he's too narcisisstic.

In other words, as men; we have to meet standards in order to get laid. Prostitution, I believe, will even things out.

I'm not keeping track of how often 300lb women get laid, but I doubt it is as much as you seem to think.

I've never been a lard ass, so I can't comment on that from a man's perspective either.

As far as some women being weary of narcissists or players, true enough.

However, we men label certain females as high maintence. So what's the difference?

I've never had any problem getting girlfriends. That's part of the reason I have never remarried.

Plus, I want to be free to change jobs when I want to. If I see a good contracting job overseas, I don't want to be tied down by a wife or house payment.

I'll get a new girlfriend at my next location. It isn't hard, all you have to be is interesting and fun to be with.

Not being a fat slob is a basic self esteem issue.

Why do you think women should want to bang you if you are a pig?

On the plus side, if you are a fat pig then you will not even have to worry about trannies trying to dupe you. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But back to the OP:

I don't see a problem in female behavior that needs correcting.

Even if legalized protitution did shift certain societal-level behaviors, it would take a long time to do so, and it would be hard to verify.

There would also be other variables at play too, so isolating legalized prostitution as the primary driver behind a societal level shift would be extremely difficult.

It would take teams of book wormish sociologists a couple of decades to write studies that could never be proven true.

Rusty Jones
10-31-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm not keeping track of how often 300lb women get laid, but I doubt it is as much as you seem to think.

From what I've seen - and this is purely anecdotal, as I don't believe anyone makes stats on stuff like this - it's the most undesirable women that have the most children around them. That 300-pounder has has four or five kids running around her at Walmart (none of whom look like full siblings), while the young professional looking woman doesn't have any children with her. Or maybe she has one or two, but her husband with her.

I've never been a lard ass, so I can't comment on that from a man's perspective either.

You don't need to experience it. You just need to look at what's going on around you.

As far as some women being weary of narcissists or players, true enough.

However, we men label certain females as high maintence. So what's the difference?

The difference is that these women are high maintenance in the first place, because they got accustomed to treating them a certain way. Men, on the other hand, become narcisists solely because they've got qualities that look good on paper.

In other words... as men, we'll put up with a woman's shit looooonnng before they'll put up with ours. But, of course, there are other factors in play there that it will take more than prostitution to cure: as men, we're also likely to be shamed into dealing with that kind of stuff by being given such bullshit as "It takes a 'real man' to be able to handle a woman like that."

I think that we're hard-wired to want women who are coy. I think that we're in denial if we say otherwise.

I've never had any problem getting girlfriends. That's part of the reason I have never remarried.

I've never had a problem "getting" girlfrieds, but it's the thing that come "with" girlfriends that made me want to marry.

Not being a fat slob is a basic self esteem issue.

Why do you think women should want to bang you if you are a pig?

On the plus side, if you are a fat pig then you will not even have to worry about trannies trying to dupe you. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If you're an American in a third world country, they're worried more about your money than your weight.

But back to the OP:

I don't see a problem in female behavior that needs correcting.

Even if legalized protitution did shift certain societal-level behaviors, it would take a long time to do so, and it would be hard to verify.

There would also be other variables at play too, so isolating legalized prostitution as the primary driver behind a societal level shift would be extremely difficult.

It would take teams of book wormish sociologists a couple of decades to write studies that could never be proven true.

I think women are merely taking advantage of the buyer's market that they enjoy. And who can blame them? I'm merely suggesting that it's time to pull that buyer's market.

sandsjames
10-31-2014, 11:19 AM
I think women are merely taking advantage of the buyer's market that they enjoy. And who can blame them? I'm merely suggesting that it's time to pull that buyer's market.Just because you open a Walmart doesn't mean the "high maintenance" women aren't still going to shop on 5th Avenue. The only thing it would change is to make those women who are already comprimising their standards to do so to higher degree.

garhkal
10-31-2014, 05:25 PM
From what I've seen - and this is purely anecdotal, as I don't believe anyone makes stats on stuff like this - it's the most undesirable women that have the most children around them. That 300-pounder has has four or five kids running around her at Walmart (none of whom look like full siblings), while the young professional looking woman doesn't have any children with her. Or maybe she has one or two, but her husband with her.

But is that cause the woman was a heffer before she got laid and started popping out kids, or did she balloon out like that, cause of 'dependapotamous syndrome'?

ex prosup
11-03-2014, 12:30 AM
This thread reminds me of the old joke about "life is unfair to us men since women have half the money and ALL the pussy!"

Rusty Jones
08-24-2017, 12:41 PM
So I've been doing a little Googling, and found plenty of articles on "sexbots." It is EXACTLY what it sounds like. Technologically, we're not there yet... the closest thing to it is "Real Doll." Check out their website sometime (warning: it's definitely NSFW).

As I've said before... my wife is cool and everything, but man! If these Real Dolls weren't already good enough, they're coming out with sexbots that have AI and can actually hold conversations with you.

As it is, Real Dolls cost between $5,000 and $10,000; depending on the options you choose... which might seem expensive, but imagine how much money a 20-something year old man would be saving over the next 50 years!

Couple this with the fact that technology is only going to get better over the years, which means two things: 1. The qualify of the product will continue to increase, and 2. more efficient means of production will eventually mean more profitability in low margin/high volume - in other words, the prices will be falling!

However, this has been receiving backlash from feminists. Feminists have created a world where women don't need men... but... men still need women. And they NEED men to need women.

But what about a world where men no longer need women? That world is coming, and they're doing everything they can to stop it.

Rainmaker
08-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Couple this with the fact that technology is only going to get better over the years, which means two things: 1. The qualify of the product will continue to increase, and 2. more efficient means of production will eventually mean more profitability in low margin/high volume - in other words, the prices will be falling!

But what about a world where men no longer need women? That world is coming, and they're doing everything they can to stop it.

Should we give her a brain?....Yeah. We can play chess with her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UJ9K8lMxPA