PDA

View Full Version : VP's son Administratively Separated

Stalwart
10-19-2014, 12:01 PM
It just made the news that the Vice President's son was administratively separated from the Navy in February after failing a drug test.

NY Post: http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/bidens-son-hunter-kicked-out-of-the-navy-after-failing-cocaine-test/

A couple of thoughts on it:

1. He joined probably to get that 'check in the box' for his resume & future political aspirations.

2. The Navy waived policy when he was commissioned (in the USNR as a Public Affairs Officer) at 42. The usual cutoff for Restricted Line is 35, based on statutory limits in Title 10. He also had a waiver for drug use when he was in his 20's (not actually an unusual thing ... have seen several of these for officers and enlisted.)

3. The Navy followed it's policy on drugs and once he tested positive processed him for separation. I am not sure if he got a general or OTH.

So, he got a break on his age that very few get (I could not get an age waiver to go to BUDS despite my SpecOps Marine Corps background) probably because of his family. Not the first time the military did this:

-Riddick Bowe enlisted in the Marines in 1997 with an age waiver, he went to boot camp and quit after 11 days and what was a public affairs bonanza turned into a circus about how the Corps compromised their standards for a good media event.

For the most part though, I am happy to see that there wasn't any effort to modify the admin separation for him -- especially in light of who his father is.

Rainmaker
10-20-2014, 04:36 PM
It just made the news that the Vice President's son was administratively separated from the Navy in February after failing a drug test.

NY Post: http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/bidens-son-hunter-kicked-out-of-the-navy-after-failing-cocaine-test/

A couple of thoughts on it:

1. He joined probably to get that 'check in the box' for his resume & future political aspirations.

2. The Navy waived policy when he was commissioned (in the USNR as a Public Affairs Officer) at 42. The usual cutoff for Restricted Line is 35, based on statutory limits in Title 10. He also had a waiver for drug use when he was in his 20's (not actually an unusual thing ... have seen several of these for officers and enlisted.)

3. The Navy followed it's policy on drugs and once he tested positive processed him for separation. I am not sure if he got a general or OTH.

So, he got a break on his age that very few get (I could not get an age waiver to go to BUDS despite my SpecOps Marine Corps background) probably because of his family. Not the first time the military did this:

-Riddick Bowe enlisted in the Marines in 1997 with an age waiver, he went to boot camp and quit after 11 days and what was a public affairs bonanza turned into a circus about how the Corps compromised their standards for a good media event.

For the most part though, I am happy to see that there wasn't any effort to modify the admin separation for him -- especially in light of who his father is.

Good Riddance. Apples don't fall far from the tree. .

Unit training would probably conflict with Hunter's duties (snorting blow and banging Ukrainian Hookers) while serving on the board of directors for Ukrainian Energy Company, Bursima Holdings

Which, just so happens to be owned by this Oligarch and Ukrainian, Israeli, Cypriot, Triple Citizen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihor_Kolomoyskyi

Know who else is on the board for Bursima ? Devin Archer former senior advisor to the Kerry Campaign in 2004.

These Parasitic degenerates aren't even trying to hide their Criminality from the public view anymore. Our Constitutional Republic has been hijacked by socio-paths.

Really surprised that the Corporations that own the Media even allowed it to be covered at all.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

TJMAC77SP
10-20-2014, 11:03 PM
My first thought when I read this was that I would be waiting until someone tied this to a character flaw of the VP and even the President.

Think back when Bush's daughter (Jenna I think) was caught drinking underage. Remember the outrage you felt when they pointed that the President was somehow at fault for being a bad father. Or conversely, remember when you said that or agreed with it.

Well shame on everyone who is guilty of this in either case.

Rainmaker
10-21-2014, 02:05 PM
My first thought when I read this was that I would be waiting until someone tied this to a character flaw of the VP and even the President.

Think back when Bush's daughter (Jenna I think) was caught drinking underage. Remember the outrage you felt when they pointed that the President was somehow at fault for being a bad father. Or conversely, remember when you said that or agreed with it.

Well shame on everyone who is guilty of this in either case.

Agree, The Bush girls ,attempting to buy alcohol at a bar while in college, shouldn't raise the eyebrows that a 42 year old coke head using his Daddy's position of public trust to obtain a Direct Commission in the US Navy does.

But, the real question we need to ask ourselves is this: why after 8 months has this just now leaked out in the penny press?

Obviously, Old Joe has gone and gotten himself cross threaded with the owners.

The good news (Hopefully) is that this throws a wrench into this entitled beneficiary of Daddy's connections, R. Hunter's future political aspirations. But, most likely the Sheeple won't even notice or care.

Salty Old Dog
12-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Really too bad they didn't toss him in the clink, too....but I guess we know that would never happen, would it?
Chances are, he will quietly receive a pardon from Obama, in the waning days of his presidency, so this won't be on his record. Once pardoned, it might as well have never happened. SMH