PDA

View Full Version : Open carry enthusiast robbed at gunpoint: ‘I like your gun. Give it to me.’

Rusty Jones
10-09-2014, 02:43 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/open-carry-enthusiast-robbed-at-gunpoint-i-like-your-gun-give-it-to-me/#.VDaKOQKksQJ.facebook

A Gresham, Oregon open carry enthusiast was robbed of his weapon on Saturday by another man with a gun.

According to KOIN Channel 6, 21-year-old William Coleman III of Gresham was standing and talking to his cousin shortly after 2:00 a.m. on Saturday when another man approached him and asked for a cigarette.

The other man — described as a black male around 6 feet tall with a lean build and wavy hair — asked Coleman about his weapon, a Walther P22 pistol.

He then pulled a pistol from the waistband of his pants, pointed it at Coleman and said, “I like your gun. Give it to me.”

Coleman did as he was told and the man then fled on foot. He was reportedly wearing gray sweatpants, flip flop sandals and a white t-shirt and had a small patch of facial hair on his chin.

Coleman told police the suspect appeared to be between 19 and 23 years of age.

The Gresham Police Department urges anyone with information about this crime to call their tip line at (503)618-2719.

This is funny. We've got some billy badass out there, thinking that if he walks around with a gun in his holster, others will be intimidated by him. But in reality, people like this are nothing but straight up bitches, and everyone else sees it plain as day.

As many people have said, open carry only makes you a target. If it was really about protection, he'd have concealed it.

But this is what happens when you wear your gun out like you're some goddamn cop or cowboy; and it's exactly what you had coming.

TJMAC77SP
10-09-2014, 03:20 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/open-carry-enthusiast-robbed-at-gunpoint-i-like-your-gun-give-it-to-me/#.VDaKOQKksQJ.facebook

This is funny. We've got some billy badass out there, thinking that if he walks around with a gun in his holster, others will be intimidated by him. But in reality, people like this are nothing but straight up bitches, and everyone else sees it plain as day.

As many people have said, open carry only makes you a target. If it was really about protection, he'd have concealed it.

But this is what happens when you wear your gun out like you're some goddamn cop or cowboy; and it's exactly what you had coming.

Your characterization of the crime victim aside, the biggest thing I got from the story is the kid was carrying a '22 pistol.................a comparatively expensive .22 pistol at that.

Stalwart
10-09-2014, 03:21 PM

I won't say open carry only makes someone a target, but yeah it does make you one. I can see that it will deter those without a weapon from likely messing with you, but I can see where it could elevate a situation when two guys start squaring off too.

Rainmaker
10-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Rainmaker, don’t know about armed robbery being “funny” (Maybe it is Ironic) or anyone deserving to be violated for exercising a constitutional right ( in this case 2nd amendment).

But, wouldn’t recommend trying it Rusty. Because, anyone, that would “open carry” out in the Portland suburbs probably isn’t the most stable person and it’s a good way to get yourself shot.

Anyhow speaking of funny… Here is another story you’ll probably like Rusty. yet another citizen playing “Billy Badass” and trying to exercise a constitutional right (in this case 4th amendment). But, Rainmaker guesses you think he had it coming too? After all. Maybe, Jamal should’ve just complied instead of getting tased for not wearing his seatbelt. Gnomesayin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InyCNDZJOGA

Rusty Jones
10-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Rainmaker, don’t know about armed robbery being “funny” (Maybe it is Ironic) or anyone deserving to be violated for exercising a constitutional right ( in this case 2nd amendment).

Actually the part that's funny is that the very thing that open carry ethusiasts claim that open carry is supposed to prevent, well... happened!

But, wouldn’t recommend trying it Rusty. Because, anyone, that would “open carry” out in the Portland suburbs probably isn’t the most stable person and it’s a good way to get yourself shot.

I wouldn't recommend open carrying anywhere. As you can see, this type of thing just might happen.

Anyhow speaking of funny… Here is another story you’ll probably like Rusty. yet another citizen playing “Billy Badass” and trying to exercise a constitutional right (in this case 4th amendment). But, Rainmaker guesses you think he had it coming too? After all. Maybe, Jamal should’ve just complied instead of getting tased for not wearing his seatbelt. Gnomesayin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InyCNDZJOGA

Did you know that the police do not need a warrant to search your vehicle? You know why? Because vehicles are not protected by the fourth amendment.

Anyhow, I'm not saying that robber is in the right for taking someone's gun... it's just that billy badass isn't so badass anymore. What did his gun do for him in that situation? It got him robbed.

Rainmaker
10-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Actually the part that's funny is that the very thing that open carry ethusiasts claim that open carry is supposed to prevent, well... happened!

I wouldn't recommend open carrying anywhere. As you can see, this type of thing just might happen.

Did you know that the police do not need a warrant to search your vehicle? You know why? Because vehicles are not protected by the fourth amendment.

Anyhow, I'm not saying that robber is in the right for taking someone's gun... it's just that billy badass isn't so badass anymore. What did his gun do for him in that situation? It got him robbed.

Rusty, We agree that open carry is stupid. Maybe not in Portland. but, in a lot of these place these dudes open carrying would just as soon shoot you in the fucking face as hand you a cigarette if you approached them. Anyhow, Rainmaker's not a lawyer. but, believe the police are supposed to have probable cause in order to search your vehicle? As the passenger. I don't see why they would've needed Jamal's Papers. Personally, it looks like Jamal was tryin to show out in front of his girl and play "thug" and could've just complied. He came off pretty confrontational talking about white shirts and all... but, that's not the point. The point is he shouldn't have to provide ID for no reason. This country is a powder keg right now, and all these idiots that have pushed us so far to the left that anything goes are risking a serious backlash. Because, once, the law abiding populous realizes that the government is not holding up its end of the bargain and can not keep them secure. the potential for people to start taking matters into their own hands is high. Gnomesayin?