PDA

View Full Version : DD214 issues

kyle23457
10-09-2014, 02:57 AM
I was separated under the QFRB on Sep 29th. My orders said my character of service was honorable, however today I pulled up my DD214 on e-benefits and it says at the bottom dishonorable. I really do not understand how I would have a dishonorable discharge, considering I've never been convicted in a court martial and was given 2 years of base access via a temporary ID card with my separation.

What would the best course of action be to get this fixed, since it is obviously NOT correct?

LogDog
10-09-2014, 06:21 AM
I was separated under the QFRB on Sep 29th. My orders said my character of service was honorable, however today I pulled up my DD214 on e-benefits and it says at the bottom dishonorable. I really do not understand how I would have a dishonorable discharge, considering I've never been convicted in a court martial and was given 2 years of base access via a temporary ID card with my separation.

What would the best course of action be to get this fixed, since it is obviously NOT correct?
Go back to the MPF and see if they still have your records. If they do they should be able to make the corrections. If not, you may have to find out from them the procedures for correcting your DD Form 214.

I'm surprise you didn't catch this immediately when you out-processed. When I retired, I looked over my DD Form 214 and other paperwork and found an error. My records said I had completed a course in aircraft maintenance which I never did. The closest I came to an aircraft was when I was on a axillary load team and at an air show.

For everyone, your final paperwork at separation is to important to give is a cursory look.

Mjölnir
10-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Did you get a hard-copy DD214 when you separated? You will probably be looking at getting a DD215, Correction to a DD214. Not sure if they will or can actually replace the DD214 now that it has been registered.

[EDIT] This is kind of important so am temporarily putting a sticky on the thread and creating an announcement as well. Good luck.

kyle23457
10-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Got if fixed. Called AFPC and they changed it to honorable. Apparently someone messed up big time. If anyone else has issues just call them, I was good to go in half an hour. Thanks for the help!

INGUARD
11-07-2014, 07:13 PM
I had an issue. I realized that many of my AD days were not counted towards my BASD. I had to get that corrected with my S1 and retention NCO. This is important because this will allow you to retire earlier than expected. Six months of NG AD time was not counted.

sandsjames
11-07-2014, 07:56 PM
i had an issue. I realized that many of my ad days were not counted towards my basd. I had to get that corrected with my s1 and retention nco. This is important because this will allow you to retire earlier than expected. Six months of ng ad time was not counted.

ns? Trsm...ihtrt.