PDA

View Full Version : Over the top

sandsjames
09-17-2014, 05:34 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/living/facebook-name-policy/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

Facebook has it's issues, and I see no reason why a real name has to be used. I'll also say that nobody is required to use Facebook so if you don't like the rules then go somewhere else. I'm just curious as to why this editorial is being written as an LGBT issue.

Rusty Jones
09-17-2014, 08:12 PM
I'll also say that nobody is required to use Facebook so if you don't like the rules then go somewhere else.

Oh, I have to disagree. For quite a few years now, Facebook has been the new internet. It's the internet within the internet.

sandsjames
09-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Oh, I have to disagree. For quite a few years now, Facebook has been the new internet. It's the internet within the internet.

Disagree? With what? That facebook is not mandatory? I know several people who don't use facebook. If you don't sign up, you don't go to jail. You may miss out on knowing what someone had for dinner or whether or not one of your friends is having a bad day, but it's far from required.

giggawatt
09-18-2014, 11:51 AM
But how are we supposed to conduct recalls or get a hold of people on leave?

sandsjames
09-18-2014, 01:03 PM
But how are we supposed to conduct recalls or get a hold of people on leave?

Right? And how is squadron leadership supposed to keep an eye on what it's people are doing. My last Commander made it very clear that, when he got a RIP for a new troop, he would look up their FB page to try and get a handle on what to expect.