PDA

View Full Version : Trademark/Copyrighted words on EPRs

CJSmith
09-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Anyone ever get a EPR kicked back for using a trademarked/copyrighted word in a bullet? Had one get kicked back for using the word Excel. Easy fix, just changed it around to fit spreadsheet in there. But a few others are getting kicked back with the same comment, "no trademarked/copyrighted words allowed".

Just curious....

Rainmaker
09-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Anyone ever get a EPR kicked back for using a trademarked/copyrighted word in a bullet? Had one get kicked back for using the word Excel. Easy fix, just changed it around to fit spreadsheet in there. But a few others are getting kicked back with the same comment, "no trademarked/copyrighted words allowed".

Just curious....

It's comforting to know that the same anal retentive dweebs are still running the ship.

sandsjames
09-16-2014, 07:50 PM

Just curious....

I did once get once kicked back with a 4 rating because the bullets weren't strong enough...so I made them stronger and it got kicked back with the question "With bullets this strong, how is this guy not a 5?"

As far as the copyright thing, nope...never seen that. Though I don't think I ever tried.

Stalwart
09-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Granted, I am Navy ... but I have seen it used a lot. Especially when talking about certifications etc.

Microsoft(r) Systems Engineer being one I have seen maybe a dozen times.

BENDER56
09-16-2014, 08:55 PM
I did a word search of AFI 36-2406 and neither of the words "trademark" nor "copyright" appear anywhere within it. If there was an official prohibition against using trademarked or copyrighted terms in the AFI, I'm pretty sure one or both of those words would have to be used somewhere in the AFI.

BRUWIN
09-17-2014, 12:48 AM

Just curious....

This is a joke right?

Gonzo432
09-17-2014, 01:36 AM
This is a joke right?

Please tell me it's a joke.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-17-2014, 05:30 AM
This is the sort of random thing that I would scribble on EPRs just to fuck with people.

My favorite was starting rumors about what the CC liked, or disliked.

I once had the whole squadron convinced that the Wing CC thought our EPR bullets were too prolix. All because I scribbled an angry note in red pen that said, "Too Prolix!" Then I scrawled some initials that were illegible.

Our dumb ass Superintendent just went along with it and started telling us to fill up the white space without being prolix.

When people started asking what the fuck prolix meant, I told them double bullets are prolix.

The war on double bullets soon spread to other bases, and in the space of a year, the double bullet was frowned upon.

No copy-write or trademark protected words, that's genius! I have a great deal of respect for whoever came up with that.

I'm going to assume it was someone I mentored in the fine art of Bake Sale Diva Guerrilla Warfare.

giggawatt
09-17-2014, 10:26 AM
This is the sort of random thing that I would scribble on EPRs just to fuck with people.

My favorite was starting rumors about what the CC liked, or disliked.

I once had the whole squadron convinced that the Wing CC thought our EPR bullets were too prolix. All because I scribbled an angry note in red pen that said, "Too Prolix!" Then I scrawled some initials that were illegible.

Our dumb ass Superintendent just went along with it and started telling us to fill up the white space without being prolix.

When people started asking what the fuck prolix meant, I told them double bullets are prolix.

The war on double bullets soon spread to other bases, and in the space of a year, the double bullet was frowned upon.

No copy-write or trademark protected words, that's genius! I have a great deal of respect for whoever came up with that.

I'm going to assume it was someone I mentored in the fine art of Bake Sale Diva Guerrilla Warfare.

You son of a bitch.

CJSmith
09-17-2014, 11:13 AM
This is a joke right?

Nope

Please tell me it's a joke.

And nope

Not quite, it's our cc. Comments were made in EMS so there's no second guessing who it came from.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Not quite, it's our cc. Comments were made in EMS so there's no second guessing who it came from.

I still think it could be the work of one of my disciples. Bake Sale Divas are very crafty, and they have the ability to insert their mischievous ideas, opinions, and thoughts directly into the mind of the CC.

Actually, this is the preferred modus operandi of the Bake Sale Diva, seek out pliable commanders, and turn them into puppets.

All one has to do is stay late at work each day, pretending to be a hard charger; you can do real work, but it isn't necessary, the key is to "out stay" all others except the commander.

From there, all you have to do is swing by his office to say goodnight. He will start chatting with you, and then you begin to insert your schemes into his brain.

Why even as a young SSgt, during the midst of the ergo-bike era, I convinced a Lt Col to make the squadron do formation PT.

Never underestimate the power of the Bake Sale Diva. Whenever a CC issues an order so dumb that it, "has to be a joke" you can rest assured, one of my followers is behind it with a satisfied smirk on their face.

Drackore
09-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Sounds like your CC is a fucking idiot.