PDA

View Full Version : Someone call a doctor.....

DWWSWWD
09-15-2014, 01:46 PM
We need someone to officially declare this forum dead. We've had some good times over the years. Where is everyone hanging out now?

Absinthe Anecdote
09-15-2014, 02:20 PM
It's not dead, but it has definitely moved into a nursing home, and started shitting into adult diapers.

It has seen its last steak dinner, and sustains itself upon a monotonous gruel of topics that never seem to stray far from racial or sexual inequality. Every bit as angry and bitter as an old man who eats nothing but cream corn, and tapioca pudding.

Dead? Not just yet, but it has stopped shaving long ago, and it no longer cares about putting in its false teeth.

OtisRNeedleman
09-15-2014, 06:29 PM
In my opinion this forum has been modded just about to death. I usually check it every day but not much happening any more. I tend to hang out at another forum - www.f169bbs.com/bbs, where just about anything goes.

Rainmaker
09-15-2014, 09:01 PM
In my opinion this forum has been modded just about to death. I usually check it every day but not much happening any more. I tend to hang out at another forum - www.f169bbs.com/bbs, where just about anything goes.

You can't say Detroit. But, for the most part the mods allow a free flow of ideas.

We stopped getting new blood in here after they took the link to the forum off the main page. Pretty sure the good folks at Gannett Company wanted to kill it by attrition. It's pretty much only us retarded types left.

They pushed everything to Facebook. Big Blue wouldn't want anyone giving an honest opinion anonymously. some of us are too stupid to quit though.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-15-2014, 09:20 PM
There is still a link to the forums off the MT main page.

However, I think there is a corrupted block list that is blocking people from seeing the page. My Comcast IP is still getting blocked, and I'm sure it isn't on my end.

I kind of doubt that it is just one block of IPs being inadvertently blocked.

CYBERFX1024
09-15-2014, 09:21 PM
I agree with other posters on here this has forum has been modded to death. They wanted to allow more people in here by banning numerous people but with that came no new ideas or anything else in here. I used to check this forum multiple times a day and now I may check 3 times a week if that. So thank you moderators for being dicks and ruining this forum

KnuckleDragger
09-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Motorcycle forums & a gun forum with a motorcycle problem.
and PH

Measure Man
09-16-2014, 05:49 AM
We need someone to officially declare this forum dead. We've had some good times over the years. Where is everyone hanging out now?

The forum is hereby dead.

It had a good run...ashes to ashes, electrons to electrons.

Go home everyone, nothing to see hear.

Capt Alfredo
09-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Sad because it used to be a rollicking good time. Now it's a bore. It got modded to death, drove off all the controversial posters, and then backed off and left a smoking husk behind. It really is sad. Most of the military stuff I see now is on FB blogs such as JQP (where Tak was reborn hard) Doctrine Man, and that sort of thing. A higher level of discourse for sure, but not as entertaining as this place used to be. *sniff*

Absinthe Anecdote
09-16-2014, 10:44 AM
The forum is hereby dead.

It had a good run...ashes to ashes, electrons to electrons.

Go home everyone, nothing to see, or hear.

I'm not dead!

I'm not dead!

I feel happy! I feel happy!

CLUNK!

giggawatt
09-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Sad because it used to be a rollicking good time. Now it's a bore. It got modded to death, drove off all the controversial posters, and then backed off and left a smoking husk behind. It really is sad. Most of the military stuff I see now is on FB blogs such as JQP (where Tak was reborn hard) Doctrine Man, and that sort of thing. A higher level of discourse for sure, but not as entertaining as this place used to be. *sniff*

Maybe Bruwin was the glue that held us all together.

sandsjames
09-16-2014, 01:51 PM
You can only talk about the same stuff for so long. With nothing new happening in the Air Force and the news discussing nothing but racial profiling cases and evil NFL players, it makes it pretty difficult for an interesting topic. Add to that the fact we all know where we all stand politically and even new discussions quickly turn in to old discussions.

Oh...to add to that, nobody has bitched about the CMSAF in quite awhile.

Gonzo432
09-16-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm on a gun forum and another military forum. A former regular from here is at the other Mil forum too, we both have different handles but figured it out. I look at this one occasionally, not much to see here, move along.

Rainmaker
09-16-2014, 02:20 PM
You can only talk about the same stuff for so long. With nothing new happening in the Air Force and the news discussing nothing but racial profiling cases and evil NFL players, it makes it pretty difficult for an interesting topic. Add to that the fact we all know where we all stand politically and even new discussions quickly turn in to old discussions.

Oh you mean the CMSAF that has more rows of ribbons than a Bolivian General, Who, even though we've been at war for closing in on 2 decades his only combat tour was 90 days in an air conditioned building at PSAB? The one that's radically changing the promotion system to take all objective measurement out of it and make it in to even more of an ass kissing contest, than it was before?? All so the Diversity Cult that's hijacked our nation can have a SNCO corps that looks like Amerika?? That CMSAF??

sandsjames
09-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Oh you mean the CMSAF that has more rows of ribbons than a Bolivian General, Who, even though we've been at war for closing in on 2 decades his only combat tour was 90 days in an air conditioned building at PSAB? The one that's radically changing the promotion system to take all objective measurement out of it and make it in to even more of an ass kissing contest, than it was before?? All so the Diversity Cult that's hijacked our nation can have a SNCO corps that looks like Amerika?? That CMSAF??

Yes, that's the one...

Stalwart
09-16-2014, 03:31 PM

True fact, most discussions regardless of topic, service etc. seem to morph back into the same 2 or 3 themes.

Drackore
09-16-2014, 04:09 PM
I hate the PT program.

TJMAC77SP
09-16-2014, 04:24 PM
True fact, most discussions regardless of topic, service etc. seem to morph back into the same 2 or 3 themes.

It's Bush's fault because he is a GOP Christian who doesn't like black people.

Stalwart
09-16-2014, 04:31 PM
It's Bush's fault because he is a GOP Christian who doesn't like black people.

Wow, three themes in one sentence. Impressive, most impressive.

Rusty Jones
09-16-2014, 05:19 PM
I hang out at Rally Point now. It's basically a LinkedIn for service members, retirees, and vets - and it seems to be growing... or at least has the potential to grow, that way you're not BSing with the same circle of friends everyday. Not that I mind it here, but it's kinda nice to meet new people more often.

Rainmaker
09-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Yes, that's the one...

Ok, juss checkin.

giggawatt
09-16-2014, 05:59 PM
I miss the old WJ5 and Joe Bonham threads.

Rainmaker
09-16-2014, 07:07 PM
I miss the old WJ5 and Joe Bonham threads.

Joe Bonham's "Magic Sky Man" schtick was always good for a laugh. and who can forget "Smarge" and the guy with the breast feeding chicks as his avatar? We don't even have enough new blood around here to run a good troll anymore. gnomesayin?

sandsjames
09-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Joe Bonham's "Magic Sky Man" schtick was always good for a laugh. and who can forget "Smarge" and the guy with the breast feeding chicks as his avatar? We don't even have enough new blood around here to run a good troll anymore. gnomesayin?

You're talking about Shrike...

Some come in occasionally...most have moved on, wisely, after retirement.

It seems that, about once a year, we have the discussion...about the forum being dead...then we get nostalgic and talk about those who aren't here anymore. I guess it's been almost a year already.

Rainmaker
09-16-2014, 07:26 PM
almost as exciting as Tuesday night Bingo special at the VFW hall. Juss prop Rainmaker up beside the jukebox Bitchez.

BRUWIN
09-17-2014, 01:03 AM
I got some pretty arrogant warnings from the Mods. I know these guys are about 15 years old with their feet swinging from their computer chairs so it has been a tough pill to swallow. The retards from the Navy screwed this whole forum up. I am also a very religious Christian at the moment and I spend most of my days praying so this forum has taken a back seat. If the Christian religion ever goes back to being mainstream again I will give it up and find another persecuted group to move onto so I have more time here.

giggawatt
09-17-2014, 10:22 AM

I think I just missed Smarg but his legend lives on.

Mjölnir
09-17-2014, 02:08 PM
From my chair my feet firmly touch the stack of books I have piled up TYVM.

giggawatt
09-20-2014, 11:25 AM
I tried to find an old thread with some old timers and one of the popular hot topics but they have been deleted. There were some really good threads back there with a lot of different viewpoints.

Mjölnir
09-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I tried to find an old thread with some old timers and one of the popular hot topics but they have been deleted. There were some really good threads back there with a lot of different viewpoints.

A lot of older threads did not make it through the site's rebuild. If you know who made the post you can go to their profile and sometimes find older (pre-rebuild) posts; I have found a few this way.

If you can't find it and would like, PM me and let me know what it is etc. and I will try to help locate and bump it.

Gonzo432
09-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Maybe that Wills Powers guy will get out of jail and provide some entertainment before he gets banned again. Dude has some issues...

giggawatt
09-20-2014, 01:37 PM
A lot of older threads did not make it through the site's rebuild. If you know who made the post you can go to their profile and sometimes find older (pre-rebuild) posts; I have found a few this way.

If you can't find it and would like, PM me and let me know what it is etc. and I will try to help locate and bump it.

Wasn't looking for anything specific. I was just going to browse and bump an old good one. I figured the rebuild killed a lot of the older posts.

USN - Retired
09-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Who here remembers the thread: "Are military spouses civilians?"? That thread had well over 100 pages. Should we restart that thread?

giggawatt
09-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Who here remembers the thread: "Are military spouses civilians?"? That thread had well over 100 pages. Should we restart that thread?

Bump it if you can find it. Think I came across it once but never read the whole thing.