PDA

View Full Version : Teen Sues DMV After Being Told to Remove Makeup

efmbman
09-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Surprised this article has not been discussed yet:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/teen-sues-dmv-told-remove-makeup-25216094

Let's find out who is being oppressed. There may be more than one correct answer.

sandsjames
09-03-2014, 01:01 AM

Let's find out who is being oppressed. There may be more than one correct answer.

We discussed it with the tranny in the same situation a few months back. I don't imagine the outcome of the discussion would be any different. IMO, the only way to correctly identify someone is with moderate to no make-up on during the photo. Otherwise, I could have my picture taken in clown make-up and the "authorities would never know if it was actually the same person.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-03-2014, 03:14 AM
The agency refused, citing DMV policy saying that "at no time will an applicant be photographed when it appears that he or she is purposely altering his or her appearance so that the photo would misrepresent his or her identity."

I understand the DMV policy on the photograph being a accurate representation of the person; however, as far as I know, there is no restriction on people operating motor vehicles while wearing excessive make up.

So if a state trooper stops me and I happen to be in drag, in clown makeup, dressed as Napoleon, or Count Dracula, then what?

garhkal
09-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Then they ask you to remove the make up to verify you are the license holder (had it happen to me in CA during Halloween once). As to his "Rights", what right is being violated?

BENDER56
09-03-2014, 05:28 AM
This is America. What's important is that when you are detained by the authorities you have your papers in order. Think of the hardship you're creating for our selfless LEOs if your photo ID doesn't look exactly like you. What are you, al Qaeda? Do you want the turrists to win? If you have nothing to hide, why don't you just comply?

Absinthe Anecdote
09-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Then they ask you to remove the make up to verify you are the license holder (had it happen to me in CA during Halloween once). As to his "Rights", what right is being violated?

Sure it happened to you, then what did you do? Call for a lawyer on your 1991 cell phone, or did you send a letter to EEO requesting a "Germanic Area" celebration?

Measure Man
09-03-2014, 03:50 PM
I never even had a picture on my drivers license until 2009.

The only reason I did at that time was because I let my NJ license expire and I was living in Virginia, so had to go to get one in VA.

Measure Man
09-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Call for a lawyer on your 1991 cell phone,

...that shit made me laugh...thanks for starting off my day with that...LOL

garhkal
09-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Sure it happened to you, then what did you do? Call for a lawyer on your 1991 cell phone, or did you send a letter to EEO requesting a "Germanic Area" celebration?

Nope. I asked for something to clean my face with, and complied with his request. Once done, and he let me go, i had to hit a gas station's toilet to reapply my face paint.

Rainmaker
09-04-2014, 05:56 PM

"I left the DMV feeling humiliated," Culpepper said. "I want to be myself and have a driver's license photo that reflects that."

So, Chase's Mommy had to go hire a team full of Transvestite Lawyers to make sure he can wear Mascara to his next photo shoot.

Boys don't cry Chase. These zealots from the Diversity cult are setting themselves up for a quite a backlash.

socal1200r
09-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Oh boo hoo Chase...newsflash for you, check your plumbing, you're a guy, dress and act like one...your mom must be SO proud of your non-gender conforming ways...