PDA

View Full Version : Move family back home while on Short Tour

KnuckleDragger
08-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Will the AF pay for my family/household to move "back home" & pay to move them again to our Follow-On assignment after my short tour(unaccompanied)?

I ask because the guidance I have seen already is conflicting, and I haven't been able to connect with MPS. I will find out eventually...just trying to eliminate some stress.

Airborne
08-30-2014, 05:07 AM
Will the AF pay for my family/household to move "back home" & pay to move them again to our Follow-On assignment after my short tour(unaccompanied)?

I ask because the guidance I have seen already is conflicting, and I haven't been able to connect with MPS. I will find out eventually...just trying to eliminate some stress.

Before the fiscal constraints you had a choice to keep them at the current location, move them to the follow on (CONUS) or move them back to your home of record and get paid that BAH rate. I dont think you can just move them anywhere. All speculation so the post did not help you.

jpeters
09-02-2014, 06:30 AM

i would check with TMO. They are the ones that would know that. But I think something has to be on your orders saying that they are moving. I just did all this for my PCS to Korea and they asked where my family was going to be while I was gone in my initial assignment briefing. I woke with MPS I'll ask tomorrow morning for you.

KnuckleDragger
09-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I think I found my answer. Spoke with career development, and confirmed in 36-2110, attach 5, A5.8

You can move them in CONUS at the government's expense.....but....not if you choose the Follow-On or Home Base option.

How many people are getting "in-person" initial assignment briefings these days? Would've helped me some!

Measure Man
09-05-2014, 01:13 AM
You can move them in CONUS at the government's expense.....but....not if you choose the Follow-On or Home Base option.

This is how I remember it. You can move them, but then you can't get a "follow-on" assignment...you have to play the assignment lottery in your normal assignment window with everyone else coming back from overseas.