PDA

View Full Version : More ridiculocity

sandsjames
08-14-2014, 08:05 PM
"Iraqi Prime Minister steps down..." and "Robin Williams had Parkinson's...". Which do you think has the bigger headline????? Yep...you guessed it (and if you didn't I'll tell you...it's the one that doesn't actually affect anyone except for a small group of people).

Chris_1991-2011
08-14-2014, 09:57 PM
It's hardly surprising what got the (bigger) headline. How many headlines regarding Iraq, prior to our withdraw, or Afghanistan have there been? How many stories on the nightly (national) news have there been regarding either war? In my opinion the (mainstream) media is pushing what the public wants. The "Support the Troops" bumper stickers only go so far, especially when there's news regarding celebrities or the next "block buster" (piece of shit) movie or a cool app to download while texting/talking/driving.

Sergeant eNYgma
08-15-2014, 11:44 AM
It's hardly surprising what got the (bigger) headline. How many headlines regarding Iraq, prior to our withdraw, or Afghanistan have there been? How many stories on the nightly (national) news have there been regarding either war? In my opinion the (mainstream) media is pushing what the public wants. The "Support the Troops" bumper stickers only go so far, especially when there's news regarding celebrities or the next "block buster" (piece of shit) movie or a cool app to download while texting/talking/driving.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^