PDA

View Full Version : Korea Madness

Capt Alfredo
07-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Well, if it isn't an editorial penned by none other than our old pal, Tak! I'd say he's moved on to bigger and better things since being banned here.

http://www.jqpublic-blog.com/open-letter-seventh-air-force-orientation-leadership-helicopter-parenting/

BENDER56
07-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Well, if it isn't an editorial penned by none other than our old pal, Tak! I'd say he's moved on to bigger and better things since being banned here.

http://www.jqpublic-blog.com/open-letter-seventh-air-force-orientation-leadership-helicopter-parenting/

Huh. Well, at least he's moved on to some correct spelling and punctuation. You sure that's him?

sandsjames
07-29-2014, 11:58 AM

http://www.jqpublic-blog.com/open-letter-seventh-air-force-orientation-leadership-helicopter-parenting/Great article. He hit all the points perfectly. Calling the General out for the blatant dishonesty about why it's happening was needed.

sandsjames
07-29-2014, 12:00 PM
Huh. Well, at least he's moved on to some correct spelling and punctuation. You sure that's him?

He posted on here with a cell phone and auto-correct while on a treadmill. I think the fact that anything coherant came across is pretty amazing.

CJSmith
07-29-2014, 02:19 PM
If only they had negative rep on that site, it would be fun just to play with Tak.

On a more serious side. Jouas' decision does not surprise me in the least bit. I was at Kadena while he was the Wing king there. It was him that pushed Group CC's to have the entire group stand in formation on a Saturday morning at 0600 in service dress blues for a DUI. Anyone that was at Kadena in the mid 2000's knows there was a shit ton of DUIs. (probably still that way today). Obviously this type of punishment never worked. It really backfired when fighter jocks were the ones getting the DUIs, and if I remember right, the formations eventually faded away after that.

OtisRNeedleman
07-31-2014, 12:18 AM
If only they had negative rep on that site, it would be fun just to play with Tak.

On a more serious side. Jouas' decision does not surprise me in the least bit. I was at Kadena while he was the Wing king there. It was him that pushed Group CC's to have the entire group stand in formation on a Saturday morning at 0600 in service dress blues for a DUI. Anyone that was at Kadena in the mid 2000's knows there was a shit ton of DUIs. (probably still that way today). Obviously this type of punishment never worked. It really backfired when fighter jocks were the ones getting the DUIs, and if I remember right, the formations eventually faded away after that.

And his "highly desiring" everyone to visit the DMZ? In the case of certain AFSCs, NOT a real good idea. Understand times have changed, but do you REALLY want certain very highly-cleared personnel visiting the JSA? When I was in Korea, albeit many years ago, as a SIGINT person you had to sign out of the unit, listing your destination, if you were going out of the Songtan area over cycle break. And the command REALLY didn't want you going to P'anmunjom. During two tours, 39 months, never went north of Seoul. Jouas should know better. At one time he was vice commander of the AF ISR Agency, or whatever they are calling USAF Security Service these days. But what the heck, it will help him as he bucks for that fourth star.

Gonzo432
07-31-2014, 01:07 AM
That doesn't look like it was written on a smart phone on a treadmill at the YMCA or at Taco Bell. The former Tak wrote an excellent article.

Stalwart
07-31-2014, 02:12 AM
It is a good piece, probably not done on the smartphone ... iPad? :)

The "Fight Tonight" example is really good. Under that logic, since there is a perpetual threat (with various degrees of imminence) of attack on the homeland ... alcohol consumption in CONUS should be banned when domestic THREATCON reaches a particular threshold?

Measure Man
07-31-2014, 02:23 AM
Hell yeah! Way to go, Tak!

OtisRNeedleman
07-31-2014, 04:35 AM
It is a good piece, probably not done on the smartphone ... iPad? :)

The "Fight Tonight" example is really good. Under that logic, since there is a perpetual threat (with various degrees of imminence) of attack on the homeland ... alcohol consumption in CONUS should be banned when domestic THREATCON reaches a particular threshold?

This "fight tonight" hoo-hah is just that. We've ALWAYS been ready to "fight tonight" in Korea, from personal experience. Was there for the 1976 "tree incident". We locked and loaded on the North Koreans VERY quickly after the incident. We were ready to ruin the day of any North Koreans who dared interfere with us cutting down that tree and installing the raised concrete strip across the JSA at P'anmunjom. Nothing happened. So I utterly fail to see the logic and benefit behind treating USAF professionals like a bunch of miscreants by not allowing them to drink during the first thirty days in country and forcing the youngest troops to subscribe to some bullshit "goals" during their tour, such as getting a massage (seriously) or working at the Osan animal shelter. If 7AF is so concerned about being able to "fight tonight", then they need to go back to the way it was in 1976, when there were mighty few command-sponsored families at Osan. Ship them back to the States. Otherwise, Jouas is talking like a man bucking for that fourth star and not caring whose backs he stomps on to get that star.

Stalwart
07-31-2014, 05:28 AM
This "fight tonight" hoo-hah is just that. We've ALWAYS been ready to "fight tonight" in Korea, from personal experience. Was there for the 1976 "tree incident". We locked and loaded on the North Koreans VERY quickly after the incident. We were ready to ruin the day of any North Koreans who dared interfere with us cutting down that tree and installing the raised concrete strip across the JSA at P'anmunjom. Nothing happened. So I utterly fail to see the logic and benefit behind treating USAF professionals like a bunch of miscreants by not allowing them to drink during the first thirty days in country and forcing the youngest troops to subscribe to some bullshit "goals" during their tour, such as getting a massage (seriously) or working at the Osan animal shelter. If 7AF is so concerned about being able to "fight tonight", then they need to go back to the way it was in 1976, when there were mighty few command-sponsored families at Osan. Ship them back to the States. Otherwise, Jouas is talking like a man bucking for that fourth star and not caring whose backs he stomps on to get that star.

The concept would probably not go over well at all in CONUS.

ChiefAD
08-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Anyone has good insight on Area IV?

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-02-2014, 05:47 PM
TAK's article is one of the best I've seen. Very well written! For his contributions to the "keep'n it realz" community, MTF should immediately reinstate his forum membership and give him an MTF Lifetime Achievment Award.

Gonzo432
08-02-2014, 09:14 PM
TAK's article is one of the best I've seen. Very well written! For his contributions to the "keep'n it realz" community, MTF should immediately reinstate his forum membership and give him an MTF Lifetime Achievment Award.
Second. All in favor say (type) "aye".

Gonzo432
08-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Anyone has good insight on Area IV?
It's to the south.

BENDER56
08-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Second. All in favor say (type) "aye".

Aye. Plus more characters so the site accepts the comment.

OtisRNeedleman
08-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Aye. Aye. Guess that's ten characters.

sandsjames
08-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Aye..........

RS6405
08-03-2014, 09:30 AM
~crawls out from under the rock she's been hiding under~

Aye ;)

Stalwart
08-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Aye. Aye. Guess that's ten characters.

Ten characters ... and sounds like you suddenly joined the Navy.

OtisRNeedleman
08-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Ten characters ... and sounds like you suddenly joined the Navy.

Well, being a SIGINT guy means you work joint-service, and at Ft Meade our division chief was a Navy captain. Great guy. :)

Stalwart
08-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Well, being a SIGINT guy means you work joint-service, and at Ft Meade our division chief was a Navy captain. Great guy. :)

Living that dream right now as a matter of fact ...

Chief_KO
08-04-2014, 04:54 PM
This retired Chief opines:

AYE AYE