PDA

View Full Version : Erectile dysfunction in military males is triple the norm

USN - Retired
07-28-2014, 08:44 PM
This article (http://www.livescience.com/47001-erectile-dysfunction-military-men.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Livesciencecom+%28LiveScience .com+Science+Headline+Feed%29)tells us that erectile dysfunction in military males is triple the norm

Is there any truth in that article?

TJMAC77SP
07-28-2014, 08:45 PM
I am NOT answering that one......................

Measure Man
07-28-2014, 08:49 PM
I've had no problems in this area.

sandsjames
07-28-2014, 08:52 PM
I'd say it probably has something to do with the fact that erectile disfunction gives a pretty good disability rating so more people claim it. Kinda like sleep apnea.

I've never had any issues, but I have tried a "blue pill" once. I'll use the words of a comedian I heard..."It's like my dick didn't even need me around to do what it needed to do."

USN - Retired
07-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Are young men in the military today being emotionally castrated?

Back when I was on active duty, STD's were a common problem in the military, especially in places like the Philippines and Thailand. Today, erectile dysfunction appears to be a problem in the military. Thing have definitely changed.

hustonj
07-29-2014, 01:50 PM
I'd say it probably has something to do with the fact that erectile disfunction gives a pretty good disability rating so more people claim it.

DIng, ding, ding!

Normally, men don't discuss erectile dysfunction because it bears a pretty harsh stigma of not being manly enough.

The reality is, most men suffer less and less proper function as they age. It is very normal. We are just socially incentivised to deny it.

The disability rating gives military members a fiancial incentive to counter the social disincentive, AND it has the beneit of sitting within doctor/patient privelege, reducing the social concerns!