PDA

View Full Version : Military Biker Clubs



natethegreat
07-09-2014, 02:47 PM
I just read this article. I agree with the need for biker associations that know the military community & their needs. When I first arrived in Colorado I looked at the Green Knights, but they had fallen apart. I've been told that they started back up & was invited to a meeting, unfortunately I was unable to attend. I did go to a Combat Vets meeting once, once. The group was what I thought is was going to be. The attitude seemed to be that if you didn't ride a Harley, you needed to buy a Harley. That's a mentality that I don't want to be around. I also thought it was funny (nothing to do with the group) that another new guy was bragging that he had Hell's Angels & other outlaw biker clubs wanting his membership before & after he joined the military. The guy sounded like an idiot. I liked what the Combat Vets stood for & there overall goal of the association, but it didn't fit for me. Hopefully the Green Angels will be a better fit. Of course, I'm a bit annoyed that I will have to have a mentor when I join, even though I have been riding for almost 30 years (started young). Either way, I need to get out to a meeting & see if they are the group for me.

socal1200r
07-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Some Harley jokes:

"If Harley made a plane, would YOU fly in it?!"

Q: What's the difference between a Harley rider and a Hoover vacuum cleaner?
A: The position of the dirt bag.

95 percent of all Harleys made are still on the road. The other 5 percent actually made it back home.

I used to own a 2005 Sportster 1200R, so I'm allowed to joke about HD's, lol...

natethegreat
07-09-2014, 04:12 PM
That's funny. I've heard them before & still laughed. I don't have any problem with Harleys, just the arrogant riders (not all of them are that way). Those are the people I don't want to be around.