PDA

View Full Version : Religious topics

sandsjames
07-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Just a quick question about religious topics as I was reading through the FAQ section. Why would those be monitored any closer than political topics, as it says in the section?

Mjölnir
07-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Just a quick question about religious topics as I was reading through the FAQ section. Why would those be monitored any closer than political topics, as it says in the section?

Religion tends to be a VERY sensitive topic for many people.

A bit over a year ago we had a Religion subforum, then when it became the place for nothing but fighting the Religion subthread was deleted. When the Forum Admin (Bourne) was asked to repopen a Religion thread, he did so and attached attached that line/message to it since the Religion channel created or spawned a lot of the issues that was getting people reported / banned.

sandsjames
07-08-2014, 08:48 PM
A bit over a year ago we had a Religion subforum, then when it became the place for nothing but fighting the Religion subthread was deleted. When the Forum Admin (Bourne) was asked to repopen a Religion thread, he did so and attached attached that line/message to it since the Religion channel created or spawned a lot of the issues that was getting people reported / banned.

More so than politics? Really?

Mjölnir
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
More so than politics? Really?

Depending on the individual.

In general, I look at everything pretty much the same, whether it is in the Religion, Politics or whatever thread ... the Off Duty area is more free for all however.

sandsjames
07-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Depending on the individual.

In general, I look at everything pretty much the same, whether it is in the Religion, Politics or whatever thread ... the Off Duty area is more free for all however.

Fair enough...just found it strange that of all the topics religion was pointed out specifically, in the rules, as being more volatile than any other topic. Surprised it didn't say "religion and politics". I'd really think that the rules above that one on the page pretty much covered everything about being civil.

Measure Man
07-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Religion tends to be a VERY sensitive topic for many people.

Maybe a "No religious posting in your first 30 days" policy would work?

Mjölnir
07-08-2014, 09:53 PM

I have a few promotions to go before thinking that is a good idea.

TJMAC77SP
07-09-2014, 01:28 AM

I see what you did there..........