PDA

View Full Version : Course 15

sandsjames
07-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Our captain just passed on a message to our TSgts that if they aren't enrolled/completed course 15 then they will not be given a test date and would not attend NCOA. Is this how it's working AF wide? I thought the purpose of this course was to fill the gap between NCOA and SNCOA. Now it's a prerequisit for testing for MSgt and attending NCOA?

fufu
07-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Sounds like a "hard-charging" O enforcing a made up standard on the dumb enlisted folks.

Gonzo432
07-09-2014, 02:02 AM
Is it a prerequisite for testing? If not, it sounds like this O-3 needs some things splained. Such as "a lot of people worked hard to come up with requirements for testing, let's go with what they came up with."

DannyJ
07-09-2014, 02:59 AM
It sounds like a unit requisite. I'm doing course 15 now and have heard nothing of the testing requirement. I do know that you won't get a date for NCOA without completing it. Also, crse 15 is a complete train wreck. Some good material, but it's overshadowed by the complete lack of proper communication and set up. I take my final test soon and can't wait to be done with it.

BRUWIN
07-09-2014, 11:13 AM
I ask every TSgt that tries to direct me to do something the question "have you done course 15?" If they say no than I tell them "Well I really don't have the time of day for you....please find someone with the actual course 15 leadership credentials to make me do it."

sandsjames
07-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I do know that you won't get a date for NCOA without completing it. Also, crse 15 is a complete train wreck.

Funny you mention this because 2 hours after the Captain sent the email, we had a SSgt with a line number get his RIP for NCOA. He hasn't even thought of starting course 15 yet.

Will be interesting to see how much more inconsistency happens with what people are being told, what's actually happening, and what's actually required.

natethegreat
07-09-2014, 03:39 PM
This is interesting. I've never heard of course 15. When one of my troops tried to do Course 14 they were told that they couldn't do it until they had attended NCOA. I remember doing Course 14 & thinking that this would have been great info to have when I made SSgt.

sandsjames
07-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Briefed this morning by our NCOIC that the TSgts will NOT be allowed to sign for a test date without the Course 15. Again, not sure if this is a local policy or not.

Koa1121
07-09-2014, 06:48 PM
I was enrolled in course 15 for about 2 months. Got a RIP for NCOA, while there they told us to dis enroll from Course 15 since we were attending the full in residence NCOA. They also told us while at Sheppard that there is one more full 6 week NCOA in residence course planned (September-ish) then it will become a new process starting next year. Course 15 will be completed, then followed by a 2 week in residence NCOA. That's what they told us there, I just graduated last week.

Gonzo432
07-10-2014, 02:13 AM
Start with the Shirt. "Hey Shirt, what gives with this BS?" If he/she is drinking the Kool-Aid, keep moving to higher level enlisted bubbas (Group Sup, etc.) After that, "I'll take IG Hotline for $1,000, Alex". Wrong is wrong, period.

DannyJ
07-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Here's the bit about this: if they are indeed going to make it mandatory to test, put it in writing and stop with the unit level shananagans. The USAF needs to put an immediate halt on the rumor mills on just about everything. Stop "feeling things out" by intentionally releasing rumors and watching the masses freak the f*** out. Put what you preach in to practice; go with well thought out plans and execute them purposefully. WTF over?

Koa1121
07-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Listen kids...the majority of captains are clueless, and I'm talking 99% range for being complete clueless fucktards. First, you can NOT attend NCOA if you ARE enrolled in course 15. Let me repeat...if you are enrolled in course 15 you will NOT be allowed to attend NCOA.

I just went to NCOA after being enrolled in course 15 since March along with 2 other guys from my unit. Literally just graduated July 3rd, came home and dis enrolled today.

sandsjames
07-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Listen kids...the majority of captains are clueless, and I'm talking 99% range for being complete clueless fucktards. First, you can NOT attend NCOA if you ARE enrolled in course 15. Let me repeat...if you are enrolled in course 15 you will NOT be allowed to attend NCOA.

Sorry to contradict your statement, but you CAN...and people ARE.

PburghNo1
07-10-2014, 12:44 PM

Listen kids...99% of people who use the word "fucktard" see one everyday in the mirror. Let me repeat...if you choose to paint an entire group as something, you probably are one yourself.

Get your crap straight before you speak.

sandsjames
07-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Listen kids...99% of people who use the word "fucktard" see one everyday in the mirror. Let me repeat...if you choose to paint an entire group as something, you probably are one yourself.

Way to correct any misconceptions.

Rainmaker
07-10-2014, 02:15 PM

Actually, Rainmaker wonderin why the word "fucktard" is not used more often. It's quite expressive.

PburghNo1
07-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Way to correct any misconceptions.

Yeah, you're right--this was one of those 'type, then wait before clicking send' moments. I still stand by the sentiment, that painting a group (any group) with that broad a brush is weak.

Rainmaker
07-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah, you're right--this was one of those 'type, then wait before clicking send' moments. I still stand by the sentiment, that painting a group (any group) with that broad a brush is weak.

Not as weak as the pirates.

PburghNo1
07-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Not as weak as the pirates.

I got nothing....20 years of below .500 ball--weak is a good word for that. But at least we're not the Cubs....

DannyJ
07-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Ok, unofficially done with it (no certificate yet). Took second test this morning and it was ripe with ambigious answers. Apparently (I've heard from more than one source) most folk are having a hard time with Set B's test, and I can tell why, but I'm done, and glad of it.

Was there useful information? Yes, but the coursework was ubër-bloated with useless and unnecessary information. Could have been around 500 pages (v 1400+) total if they were stick to the necessities.

Rainmaker
07-10-2014, 05:45 PM
I got nothing....20 years of below .500 ball--weak is a good word for that. But at least we're not the Cubs....

As an Oriole fan Rainmaker commiserate. Baseball God's must be still angry with you over 1979.

Zxc
07-14-2014, 03:47 PM
I've been trying to enroll for weeks and I can't get the website to work or a reply out of the help desk. It would be pretty amazing if I couldn't test for MSgt because the website doesn't work.

I haven't heard a peep about this course outside of this forum, however.

ubermetroid
07-14-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm enrolled and ready to take the test.. but you have to get on the site to order the tests... And the site is down. So no testing for me.

DannyJ
07-14-2014, 05:48 PM
I've been trying to enroll for weeks and I can't get the website to work or a reply out of the help desk. It would be pretty amazing if I couldn't test for MSgt because the website doesn't work.

I haven't heard a peep about this course outside of this forum, however.

Use the links below. Call AU to get signed up. I believe they are still having issues with the page where you sign up.

I'm enrolled and ready to take the test.. but you have to get on the site to order the tests... And the site is down. So no testing for me.

Call the number below. I had to do the first test request via phone.

http://www.aueducationsupport.com/link/portal/8027/8405/Article/5997/How-do-I-get-my-Course-15-course-materials
This is the actual place to get your "volumes" and will also walk you
through getting signed up once you are directed to do so.

https://ausis.maxwell.af.mil/SIS/app
Click the "CaC Login" button on the left and fill out the subsequent fields.
This will show a lot more content.

https://ausis.maxwell.af.mil/SIS/app/template/reports%2CStudentCourseInfo.vm
This page will show you your progress and also allow you to order your test,
which needs to be done prior to scheduling your test with the base testing
office.

https://ausis.maxwell.af.mil/SIS/app/template/SchoolIndex.vm?school=NCOA#NEWTEST
If you go down to the "Formative Exercises and Summative Evaluations" area,
there are some sample test questions.EPME DL Help Desk at DSN: 596-6958 or online at www.aueducationsupport.com

TAKE NOTES.

Zxc
07-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the links. I'm gonna try to get through this between August and November since I have no Tuition Assistance during that period

sandsjames
07-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the links. I'm gonna try to get through this between August and November since I have no Tuition Assistance during that period

Thanks for making the point you are going to college. Kudos!! Good on ya'.

coloringoutsidethelines
07-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Ok I am going to come off as a big dummy but this crap confuses the heck out of me.

Course 15 is supposed to come before NCOA right? And course 14 comes before SNCOA?

I have already attended NCOA and I have a line for Master Sgt. So do I need to still do Course 15 or should I just skip and do course 14? I'm out of TA as well and wanted to knock it out before I put the stripe on next summer.

sandsjames
07-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Ok I am going to come off as a big dummy but this crap confuses the heck out of me.

Course 15 is supposed to come before NCOA right? And course 14 comes before SNCOA?

I have already attended NCOA and I have a line for Master Sgt. So do I need to still do Course 15 or should I just skip and do course 14? I'm out of TA as well and wanted to knock it out before I put the stripe on next summer.

No, you do NOT have to do course 15 if you completed the in-residence NCOA. The course 15 is going to be a prerequisite for the new, shorter NCOA they are going to.

curtst
07-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Ok, unofficially done with it (no certificate yet). Took second test this morning and it was ripe with ambigious answers. Apparently (I've heard from more than one source) most folk are having a hard time with Set B's test, and I can tell why, but I'm done, and glad of it.

Was there useful information? Yes, but the coursework was ubër-bloated with useless and unnecessary information. Could have been around 500 pages (v 1400+) total if they were stick to the necessities.

Congrats on making it through! I unfortunately failed Set B. My own fault really. I was ready to be done and over with course 15 so I went ahead and took the Set B test with only reading about half way through the first volume. So I wasn't prepared. Failed by two questions, and the ones I missed were all from volume 1. I only missed one question from volume 2. Guess I get to stick with course 15 a little bit longer...

DannyJ
07-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Congrats on making it through! I unfortunately failed Set B. My own fault really. I was ready to be done and over with course 15 so I went ahead and took the Set B test with only reading about half way through the first volume. So I wasn't prepared. Failed by two questions, and the ones I missed were all from volume 1. I only missed one question from volume 2. Guess I get to stick with course 15 a little bit longer...

Must be great at taking tests. I've heard there's been quite a few failures even among those that did read/study all the material!