PDA

View Full Version : Yet another leftist city litigation

WILDJOKER5
07-08-2014, 12:29 PM
I mean seriously? $10million for some "mean" words? This guy is a chump and trying to get a free payday that the left is always looking for. Sadly, in NYC, he may very well win or just settle out of court for half that price.

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/sleeping-yankees-fan-sues-espn-damages-070714

garhkal
07-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Yea. He was asleep at a ball game. IMO he deserves all the ridicule he gets.

efmbman
07-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm not convinced that lawsuits such as this one are geographically limited to "leftist" cities, as you put it. Is there evidence that a "leftist" city is more likely to produce similar litigation?

WILDJOKER5
07-08-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm not convinced that lawsuits such as this one are geographically limited to "leftist" cities, as you put it. Is there evidence that a "leftist" city is more likely to produce similar litigation?

So, other than this being in a leftist city, you want more examples? I didn't say it only happens there or that mostly happens there. Just that this is "another" one, and it is outlandish.

Stalwart
07-08-2014, 11:45 PM
This took place in New York, makes sense he would file the lawsuit there. Yes, it seems frivolous ... frivolous as hell but I don't know if frivolous lawsuits are solely the domain of politically liberal dominated cites or not either.

All things considered, this isn't the dumbest thing I have seen televised from the stands of a sports event and I think on the ticket there is some clause that by attending you consent to the use of your image in media etc. so it is likely to not go too far.

garhkal
07-09-2014, 06:25 AM
Exactly. IIRC part n parcel of being at a PUBLIC event such as a ball game, is that your image may get picked up and used by the TV cameras there.
Don't want to be seen, don't go!

socal1200r
07-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Let's see if a judge with common sense will throw the lawsuit out as being frivolous...doubtful, but one can always hope...

sandsjames
07-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Let's see if a judge with common sense will throw the lawsuit out as being frivolous...doubtful, but one can always hope...

Good thing the guy is white otherwise those comments made by the announcers would have been deemed racist as well as defamatory.

Measure Man
07-09-2014, 06:00 PM
I do not think this lawsuit has merit and I expect summary dismissal.

That said, I do find the practice of all this public shaming via social media to be distasteful and am endeavoring to not partake in it myself. We have become a mean society in that regard....it's one thing for celebrities, who sort of take that on by becoming celebrities as part of the deal, but it's quite another for a random person to "go viral" and be shamed like that.

Rainmaker
07-09-2014, 06:17 PM
I do not think this lawsuit has merit and I expect summary dismissal.

That said, I do find the practice of all this public shaming via social media to be distasteful and am endeavoring to not partake in it myself. We have become a mean society in that regard....it's one thing for celebrities, who sort of take that on by becoming celebrities as part of the deal, but it's quite another for a random person to "go viral" and be shamed like that.

There is nothing new under the sun. The mob must be entertained...Bread and circuses is the symptom of a decayed society, not the cause of it. Pass the popcorn. NomSayin?