PDA

View Full Version : Leftist propaganda at its sadest

WILDJOKER5
07-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Seriously, I have heard such hyperbole about the SCOTUS finding in favor of hobby loby this week than what was origionally said about Obamacare. No ones rights are being trampled. No one is being denied the ability to take birth control. No one is being threatened with termination. And no one is being threatend with jail time for taking birth control. And its not even about Hobby loby not providing ANY birth control to its employees.

Facts:
Hobby loby provided 16 of the 20 mandated b/c pills to its employees before Obamacare came out.

Hobby loby pays 90% of its employees over $13/hr.

Hobby Loby is a single family ran company.

Working for Hobby loby doesnt take anything away from your rights to get your own birth control.

So why is it such a travesty that Hobby loby doesnt provide the morning after pill on its FORCED issurance for its employees, but I havent heard a single quip about the SEIU case which FORCED a stay at home mom taking care of her disabled child getting medicare subsidy claiming she was a state provider so therefor had to pay union dues to a union she didnt belong to or agree with on their political standings? SEIU is by far more dangerous than the "religious right". SEIU takes money by force through government cronyism bought and paid for even if you dont belong to the organization and sometimes cant even get a job without becoming a member. Religions dont take a signle dime from its members (tiths are not the same as taking) and for the most part, you dont have to be a Christian to work at places like Hobby loby or Chick-fil-a or other such establishments ran by Christian owners.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/radical-atheists-post-hateful-full-page-anti-catholic-ad-in-ny-times/

garhkal
07-03-2014, 08:08 PM
That's because holding that union case up as wrong, would not fit into the leftist ideals..

WILDJOKER5
07-07-2014, 11:26 AM
TomTom093 was busy passing out the dislikes this weekend for anyone the spoke bad about the left I see.

Can someone please explain how to give out likes? Its not the same as before.

Sergeant eNYgma
07-10-2014, 11:02 AM
TomTom093 was busy passing out the dislikes this weekend for anyone the spoke bad about the left I see.

Can someone please explain how to give out likes? Its not the same as before.

Juat click like or w/e below the post to the left.

USAF-Controller
07-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Seriously, I have heard such hyperbole about the SCOTUS finding in favor of hobby loby this week than what was origionally said about Obamacare. No ones rights are being trampled. No one is being denied the ability to take birth control. No one is being threatened with termination. And no one is being threatend with jail time for taking birth control. And its not even about Hobby loby not providing ANY birth control to its employees.

Facts:
Hobby loby provided 16 of the 20 mandated b/c pills to its employees before Obamacare came out.

Hobby loby pays 90% of its employees over $13/hr.

Hobby Loby is a single family ran company.

Working for Hobby loby doesnt take anything away from your rights to get your own birth control.

So why is it such a travesty that Hobby loby doesnt provide the morning after pill on its FORCED issurance for its employees, but I havent heard a single quip about the SEIU case which FORCED a stay at home mom taking care of her disabled child getting medicare subsidy claiming she was a state provider so therefor had to pay union dues to a union she didnt belong to or agree with on their political standings? SEIU is by far more dangerous than the "religious right". SEIU takes money by force through government cronyism bought and paid for even if you dont belong to the organization and sometimes cant even get a job without becoming a member. Religions dont take a signle dime from its members (tiths are not the same as taking) and for the most part, you dont have to be a Christian to work at places like Hobby loby or Chick-fil-a or other such establishments ran by Christian owners.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/radical-atheists-post-hateful-full-page-anti-catholic-ad-in-ny-times/

My beef with the ruling isn't the ruling itself but what it opens the door for. Now, any company can try to break or get exempt from any law that they claim goes against their religious beliefs. It sets a bad precedence in my opinion.

Stalwart
07-16-2014, 11:12 PM
My beef with the ruling isn't the ruling itself but what it opens the door for. Now, any company can try to break or get exempt from any law that they claim goes against their religious beliefs. It sets a bad precedence in my opinion.

It isn't really any company, but those that are "closely held" which is a company that 51% of the interest is held by 5 or fewer people. Even then, the belief of the owners has to be formally and well established to be considered valid.

Even if they wanted to, Amazon could not start up tomorrow saying they wanted an exemption because of the nature of their share distribution and they have not previously voiced, displayed or asserted an option (one way or another) on the issue.

In reading the entire decision, it really is pretty strictly limited.

WILDJOKER5
07-24-2014, 07:26 PM

If we are going to play the "slippery slope" debate here, then the same can be said about obamacare period. If the federal government can require everyone to purchase anything they deem as a necessity for being alive, then where will it lead to?

meatbringer
07-24-2014, 08:10 PM
I think what many people are more worried about is that allowing Hobby Lobby to be the exception based on religious beliefs sets the precedent that corporations are people and should be afforded the same rights. Doing so has the potential to open the floodgates to other arguments. What if the owners of PetSmart decide that they do not want to pay for actual medicine because they believe only in the power of prayer to remedy illness? I'm sure you see where I am going with this.

The hilarious part is that, even though Hobby Lobby thinks that contraceptives are wrong, they invest in quite a few companies that produce those same contraceptives as part of the retirement plan that they offer their employees.

There is also the fact that many women rely on those contraceptives to help with hormonal problems that they may be suffering from. There are quite a few women who take them for reasons other than going out and slutting it up, despite what some politicians think.

sandsjames
07-24-2014, 08:17 PM
The hilarious part is that, even though Hobby Lobby thinks that contraceptives are wrong, they invest in quite a few companies that produce those same contraceptives as part of the retirement plan that they offer their employees.

The hilarious part is that even though people talk about Hobby Lobby as if they are anti-birth control and refuse to pay for it it's just simply not true.

All of the contraception required for women with hormone problems is still being provided. Birth control pills are still being provided. The only thing not being provided are those items that are taken after sex takes place in order to stop/terminate a pregnancy.

However, the left will continue to make it out as if Hobby Lobby isn't providing women with birth control coverage.

USAF-Controller
07-24-2014, 09:40 PM
If we are going to play the "slippery slope" debate here, then the same can be said about obamacare period. If the federal government can require everyone to purchase anything they deem as a necessity for being alive, then where will it lead to?

Do you actually know why health care is mandatory under the ACA?

Measure Man
07-24-2014, 09:45 PM

A trade off with the insurance companies so they have to cover pre-existing conditions.

WILDJOKER5
07-25-2014, 12:28 PM

Well, what is your basis for the answer. There can be what they claimed or their true agenda as laid out by Clowerd and Piven.

WILDJOKER5
07-25-2014, 12:41 PM
A trade off with the insurance companies so they have to cover pre-existing conditions.

And typically those pre-existing conditions would have kept being covered if it was up to the idividual to purchase their own healthcare which would have stayed with them as they swapped jobs. But since the federal government had a pay freeze during WWII, businesses started putting up these benefits since they couldnt raise the pay. Another "slippery slope" of unintended consequences when the federal government gets involved.

But you did pretty much show how the slippery slope works, to get the backing of the insurance companies to cover preexistiting conditions, those people that didnt have insurance because they couldnt afford it or didnt want it were forced to sign up to cover the added costs of pre-existing conditions. Those who couldnt afford it are now covered by tax payers through subsidies and those who didnt want it because they were young have to pay more as well.

Measure Man
07-25-2014, 02:00 PM
And typically those pre-existing conditions would have kept being covered if it was up to the idividual to purchase their own healthcare which would have stayed with them as they swapped jobs. But since the federal government had a pay freeze during WWII, businesses started putting up these benefits since they couldnt raise the pay. Another "slippery slope" of unintended consequences when the federal government gets involved.

This would be more of a "ripple effect" rather than "slippery slope"