PDA

View Full Version : North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie

Rusty Jones
06-26-2014, 09:30 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28014069

North Korea has promised "merciless" retaliation if a forthcoming Hollywood movie about killing Kim Jong-un is released, say agencies.

A North Korean foreign ministry spokesman said in state media that the movie's release would be an "act of war".

He did not mention the title, but a Hollywood movie called The Interview with a similar plot is due in October.

Hollywood actors James Franco and Seth Rogen star in the action-comedy film.

Rogen, who is also one of the directors of The Interview, has since responded on Twitter saying: "People don't usually wanna kill me for one of my movies until after they've paid 12 bucks for it."

Franco and Rogen play a talkshow host and his producer who are invited to interview Kim Jong-un, and are subsequently recruited by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to assassinate the leader.

The film's teaser trailer, posted on Youtube, shows a lookalike actor playing Kim Jong-un, as well as fight scenes involving what appear to be North Korean tanks and helicopters, and a nuclear missile launch.

The North Korea spokesman was quoted by the state KCNA news agency as saying: "Making and releasing a movie on a plot to hurt our top-level leadership is the most blatant act of terrorism and war and will absolutely not be tolerated."

He added that the "reckless US provocative insanity" of mobilising a "gangster filmmaker" to challenge the North's leadership was triggering "a gust of hatred and rage" among North Korean people and soldiers.

"If the US administration allows and defends the showing of the film, a merciless counter-measure will be taken," the spokesman was quoted as saying.

Apparent evidence emerged last week supporting claims that North Korea is further developing its missile technology. Some experts said they had identified a new anti-ship cruise missile shown in a North Korean propaganda film. Other observers were more sceptical.

North Korea is holding three Americans in custody. The latest to be detained is said to be a tourist named Jeffrey Edward Fowle who reportedly left a Bible at a hotel.

Rogen recently said he was inspired by journalists' trips to North Korea.

He told Yahoo: "People have the hypothetical discussion about how journalists have access to the world's most dangerous people, and they hypothetically would be in a good situation to assassinate them."

He added that the film was originally about meeting Kim Jong-il, but they had to revise the script when he died in 2011 and his son Kim Jong-un took power.

Kim Jong-Un acting like a bitch and threatening the US over a movie. You know what a mover & shaker in Hollywood NEEDS to do? Make an NC-17 movie with a scene in it of Kim Jong-Un taking a big fat dick in his ass. That's what we need. Oh, and the US government should sponsor the movie somehow. You know, by having military recruiting ads on billboards and stuff like that throughout the movie. This movie would be fucking AWESOME!

sandsjames
06-26-2014, 10:45 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28014069

Kim Jong-Un acting like a bitch and threatening the US over a movie. You know what a mover & shaker in Hollywood NEEDS to do? Make an NC-17 movie with a scene in it of Kim Jong-Un taking a big fat dick in his ass. That's what we need. Oh, and the US government should sponsor the movie somehow. You know, by having military recruiting ads on billboards and stuff like that throughout the movie. This movie would be fucking AWESOME!

Did they make these same threats when Team America came out?

Gonzo432
06-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Did they make these same threats when Team America came out?

That was Kim Jong Il, the daddy of today's Kim and son of the evil SOB that invaded the ROK 64 years ago. This Kim takes crazy and evil to a whole new level.

sandsjames
06-26-2014, 11:22 PM
That was Kim Jong Il, the daddy of today's Kim and son of the evil SOB that invaded the ROK 64 years ago. This Kim takes crazy and evil to a whole new level.

I realize that it was a different Kim Jong...just assumed that the characterization of him in that movie was much worse (and hilarious) than killing off Un.

Gonzo432
06-26-2014, 11:33 PM
I realize that it was a different Kim Jong...just assumed that the characterization of him in that movie was much worse (and hilarious) than killing off Un.
It's important to keep the Kims straight
Kim Il Sung: evil, invaded South Korea, set up Stalinist-state.
Kim Jong Il: Crazy and evil, made nukes with "peaceful" nuke reactor we funded. $800K/year cognac budget.
Kim Jong Un: Bat-sh!t crazy and evil to the nth degree! Declares war over anything to include goofy movies by those guys who were in Freaks and Geeks, had his uncle killed by dogs.

sandsjames
06-26-2014, 11:37 PM
It's important to keep the Kims straight
Kim Il Sung: evil, invaded South Korea, set up Stalinist-state.
Kim Jong Il: Crazy and evil, made nukes with "peaceful" nuke reactor we funded. $800K/year cognac budget.
Kim Jong Un: Bat-sh!t crazy and evil to the nth degree! Declares war over anything to include goofy movies by those guys who were in Freaks and Geeks, had his uncle killed by dogs.

I appreciate the history lesson.

giggawatt
06-27-2014, 01:56 AM
I call Manchester on N. Korea!

Max Power
06-27-2014, 02:43 AM
http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/funny-America-destroy-announce-government-Kim1.jpg

USN - Retired
06-27-2014, 03:24 AM

That is certainly all true, but he does have a really hot wife...

http://cdn.cnwimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Kim-Jong-Un.jpg

garhkal
06-27-2014, 07:55 AM
He can rant all he wants!

Rusty Jones
06-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Well, here's the thing... when the film gets released, it will be time for him to put up or shut up. And I think he's gonna put up. Think about it: he's a hothead with something to prove. If he does nothing, he will have just humiliated himself in front of the world. Knowing what we know about him, I don't think that's gonna happen.

Consider this as well: we're actually looking at possibly the first justified war since World War II. Did we REALLY go to war to "defend our freedom" in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan? Fuck no. However, Kim Jong-Un is trying to infringe on the First Amendment rights of Americans by attacking the US because someone is exercising their freedom of speech by making a film.

Sergeant eNYgma
06-27-2014, 02:08 PM
That is certainly all true, but he does have a really hot wife...

http://cdn.cnwimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Kim-Jong-Un.jpg

I'm not mad though......